Cakewalk SONAR is a digital audio workstation only available for Windows PC systems. SONAR 8.5 is able to fully take advantage of full beginning to end 64-bit internal processing, a 64-bit audio engine, and a 64-bit mixer on 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Click here for more information on Cakewalk Sonar.
Session Drummer 3 lets you quickly and easily create original, mix-ready drum parts for your productions
Matrix View lets you enter the world of non-linear music composition and experience a whole new approach to creating music in any genre
Step Sequencer 2.0 lets you create drum tracks, beats, bass, and synth lines with a click of the mouse
Arpeggiator. Use the new per-track Arpeggiator to create new sections for your songs, breathe life into stale chord progressions, and discover new musical lines and hooks.
Rapture LE is a special version of the award- winning Rapture synthesizer
TruePianos Amber is a VSTi that provides realistic piano sounds, superb playability, and acoustic-style responsiveness
Dimension Pro — your go-to instrument allows you to add both real and synthesized instrument sounds to your projects including synths, strings, basses, acoustic and electric guitars, vocal hits and more
Media Browser lets you browse and preview audio and MIDI groove clips and patterns
SONAR 8.5 provides the most comprehensive recording features of any DAW on the market today. It´s designed to meet the needs of even the most demanding professional—whether recording a solo performance, a band, or even an orchestra.
• Guitar Rig 3 LE allows you to plug-in to the award-winning guitar amp modeler from Native Instruments.
• Track Templates make it easy to get your project started. SONAR includes a variety of templates for audio, virtual instrument tracks, and even entire projects
• Recording without limits—unlimited tracks of audio and MIDI mean you can create to your heart´s content. Record your whole band, mic each individual component of a drum kit, even record an entire orchestra using a multi-channel audio interface.
• Loop Recording—record until you get the part perfect, try out different parts for your project, and play them back later—all hands free.
• Pure power—SONAR pioneered support for multicore and multiprocessor computers, Windows Vista, and x64 processing, and now version 8.5 is the first DAW for Windows 7. SONAR is optimized for high track count/low latency performance and a more responsive user experience, with version 8.5 we’ve further enhanced performance on x64 operating systems, and improved performance while recording and looping.
SONAR 8.5 offers precision editing tools you won´t find in any other DAW. Whether you´re editing audio or MIDI, it´s easy to make pinpoint edits and fix issues you didn´t think were possible.
• AudioSnap 2.0: An innovative tool that makes audio timing issues a thing of the past.
• Roland V-Vocal 1.5: Perfect vocals – on pitch and in time.
• Smart MIDI Tools revolutionize MIDI editing by providing you with a powerful and customizable workflow innovation.
• Comping in SONAR is a breeze with powerful tools that take the headache out of getting the perfect take.
SONAR 8.5 gives you deep control over the look and feel of SONAR, virtual instruments, mixing, and includes innovative breakthroughs like Active Controller Technology.
• Synth Rack—SONAR includes a Synth Rack for easy access to all the virtual instruments in your project.
• Active Controller Technology (ACT)—Get instant hands-on control of all your instruments and effects using ACT
• MIDI Controllers—easily add popular MIDI controllers including the Edirol PCR series for serious control of your virtual instruments.
• Control Surfaces—SONAR supports popular control surfaces including those from Edirol, Mackie, Euphonix, and Frontier Design.
• Control your Project—Keep your projects organized and your screen clean.
SONAR 8.5 offers the perfect mixing environment for any professional engineer. SONAR´s industry-first, end-to-end, 64-bit double precision floating point mix engine allows you to mix with sonic clarity using a suite of versatile effects, powerful mixing tools, and endless routing possibilities.
• PX-64 Percussion Strip is a 7 stage multi-effects processor that simplifies the art of dialing in your drum sounds by combining and optimizing the essential effects you need: EQ, compressor, expander, transient shaper, delay, and dual-stage saturator.
• VX-64 Vocal Strip is a 7-stage multi-effects processor designed to make your vocals shine.
• Channel Tools provides easy and powerful zero-latency channel processing.
• VC-64 Vintage Channel is a channel strip, dynamics processor, EQ, and De-Esser.
• External hardware support allows you to use hardware gear right in SONAR.
• Transient Shaper is a powerful tool for sculpting the transient dynamics of any percussive based source material.
• Configurable Console—control volume, EQ, sends, pan, and much more just like a hardware mixer.
• 64-bit audio mix engine means you are mixing with the best audio quality in the industry today.
• Universal Bus Architecture—Take advantage of SONAR´s infinitely flexible Universal Bus Architecture with unlimited sends, busses, and routing possibilities make organizing, grouping and mixing your projects simpler.
• Surround—SONAR 8.5 allows you to mix in over 30 different surround formats.
SONAR 8.5 allows you to deliver the final polish to your tracks with high-end effects that were designed specifically for the task of mastering.
• LP-64 EQ is a linear-phase Equalizer that puts a professional sheen on your final mix
• LP-64 Multiband is a linear phase mastering compressor/limiter.
• Boost 11 is a peak limiter that gives your final mix maximum volume and punch.
• TL-64 Tube Leveler is a line driver/ leveling processor with advanced analog vacuum-tube circuit modeling algorithm.
• 64-bit Mastering is a reality in SONAR with end-to-end 64-bit audio from native 64-bit audio files, tracks, busses, mastering effect inserts, to file export, your audio always retains its sonic integrity.
SONAR 8.5 Producer includes the best collection of included virtual instruments found in any DAW. Whether you´re looking for acoustic or electric instrument sounds, emulations of classic gear, modern synthesized tones, drums, or a groovebox, you need to look no further than SONAR 8.5. You may be surprised to find that some of these included plug-ins would cost hundreds of dollars if purchased separately.
• Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2 (32 and 64-bit), or Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
• Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz [EMT64] or AMD Athlon XP 2800+ or higher
• Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q8400 Yorkfield 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom Quad Core 9750 2.4GHz or higher
• 1 GB
• 4 GB
• 1024 x 768, 16-bit colour
• 1280 x 960, 24-bit colour or higher
Hard Disk Space
• 200 MB (Minimal Installation) or higher
• 50 GB (Full Installation) or higher
Hard Disk Type
• EIDE / Ultra DMA (7200 RPM) or SATA
• Dual Layer DVD-ROM, DVD+/- R, OR DVD+/-RW for installation/ CD-R OR CD-RW capability required for CD audio disc burning