Thursday, November 20, 2014
iZotope have released an update, version 1.05 to Stutter Edit. This is a free update for registered users. Just go to the iZotope website and use your registered account email address to download the latest update.
This is a required update for OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility.
NOTE: Updates are always incorporated into the latest Stutter Edit installer, so to update to the latest version, just download and install Stutter Edit. It is not necessary to uninstall before installing, and it will not be necessary to reauthorize.
Installing Stutter Edit updates will return factory presets to their original state. If you have saved over any of the factory presets with your own settings without changing their names, we recommend you rename those presets with unique names before installing updates (unless you want the original settings back). Installing updates will not affect any presets that you have given new unique names to or created from scratch. Any settings saved with host sessions will also be preserved.
In addition, you can simply back up your presets folder before installing the update if you are unsure if this will affect you. For more information on backing up Stutter Edit presets, refer to this knowledgebase article.
Version 1.05 released November 20, 2014
Stutter Edit 1.05 enhancements and fixes:
- Fixed crash in all hosts/formats on OS X 10.10.
- Fixed crash in AAX Windows when the system was low on memory.
- Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11
- Please note: This update no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX version of Stutter Edit will automatically open with RTAS.
- Added support for Pro Tools 9.0.5
- Added 64-bit iLok support for OS X and Windows
Operating System Requirements:
Windows: XP (32-bit Service Pack 3), Vista (64-bit), 7, 8
Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel only)
Pro Tools 7.4–11 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Stutter Edit works differently than other audio effect plug-ins, it requires MIDI input from your host to trigger its effects. Not all hosts allow you to send MIDI to audio effects.
Fully Supported Hosts:
Apple Logic, Ableton Live, Pro Tools (7.4–11), Cakewalk SONAR, Steinberg Cubase 4+/Nuendo 4+, Image Line FL Studio, Cockos REAPER, MOTU Digital Performer