Huge collection of dark, cryptic, and subliminal ambiences, drones, pads and more
Please note: you will need Kontakt 4.2.4 or higher to use this library. Ambius 1 will not work with the free Kontakt Player.
Soundiron Ambius 1 is a massive collection of ambiences, drones, pads and evolving “synth” leads created by hand. Everything you hear was built using only organic field and instrument recordings. In fact, no synthesizers were used in the creation of this library at all. Soundiron used a variety of custom techniques to blend, warp, shape and layer the sounds of the known into the very unknown.
The instruments you’ll find in this collection range from simple, clean, tonal leads to compound, constantly moving soundscapes and textures.
In this first volume of the Ambius series, Soundiron focus on the dark, the cryptic, the unnatural and the subliminal, in the form of strange unholy transmissions filtering through the void. You’ll find an archive of EVP recordings engineered by the dead, earwitness accounts of unholy medical procedures, insidious swarms of poisonous insects, terror winds speaking with voices of pure and ancient decay and bio-mechanical devices worming through primordial pools of seething logic.
You will marvel in the sweeping glory of infinite choruses and spin endlessly soaring melodies from our cluster bells. And then you will fall helplessly into the blackened ash pits, where sleeping phantasms wait for the wet crack of your bones breaking on impact and the sour hiss of gaseous spectral vapors that seep in to dissolve your earthly flesh.
For version 2.0, the UI has been redesigned in the style of the more recent Ambius 2 Systematik library and retains many of the new advanced features that the second volume has brought to the series.
*This library was originally published as “Ambius Vol. 1: Transmissions” by Tonehammer.
Ambius 1: Transmissions now features the same proprietary system as developed for Ambius 2: Systematik, which provides tempo-locked filtering and LFO based parameter automation. A pair of 32-beat step-sequencer graphs let you freely draw resonance and cutoff values from one step to the next, with time divisions from whole notes to 128ths. Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and Vowel filter types are included.
Parameter changes are smoothed to prevent ugly zippering, but with the ability to dial in ultra-tiny time-signature divisions and extreme filter settings, you can get as gnarly and screeching or warm and mellow as your heart desires. You can also assign just about any parameter to each step sequencer table with the simple right-click/cmd-click learn function whenever that table is running. You can even skip the filter stage and simply use it for tempo-synced CC parameter control by choosing the “Thru” filter type or bypass the whole system instantly with the LFO Pause and do your filter tweaking and sweeping by hand.
Also included are a free/syncable tremolo, full EQ tone controls, Soundiron´s custom convolution reverb loaded with dozens of spaces and special FX and of course, the ever advancing Uberpeggiator meta-arpeggiation system. The dual-layer sustaining ambient presets also feature simulated polyphonic legato with polyphony, bend, speed and range control. A full gamut of preset types are included: special cutting edge Kontakt 5 presets allow step sequencer and uberpeggiator table graph preset saving/loading and the latest filter options, classic Kontakt 4-friendly presets with classic filter types and resource efficient lite presets that save ram and CPU resources without the filter LFOs or a deep offset range.
3 Main Ambience Categories:
- Horror: EVP Pulse, Industrium Pulse, Panorganic Pulse, Rictus Pulse, Root Canal Pulse, Swarming Pulse, Winds Pulse
- Melodic: Para-Orchestral Pulse, Re-Choral Pulse, and Transmusical Pulse
- Tuned: Dig Pulse and Tuned Pulse
- Four selectable filter types with automatable cutoff and resonance
- Our new Kronostepper – sequence filter cutoff and/or resonance in configurable tempo-synced steps
- Kronostepper passthru mode can drive any automatable knob or slider in Kontakt.
- Tempo or Hertz-based Tremolo with automatable intensity
- Integrated Uberpeggiator system allows for adaptive step-sequenced arpeggiation
- Kontakt 5 users can import and export Uberpeggiator and Kronostepper sequences
- Customized presets – see what we at Soundiron were able to come up with using these features
- Instrument Designers allow users to mix-and-match any transient with any sustain
- Additional Kontakt 5 presets with tempo-synced rhythmic atmospheres and grooves
NKI Program Presets
You’ll need the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 (for K4 and Lite presets), Kontakt 5 (for K5 presets) or later to use the nki presets in this libary. Sorry, the free Kontakt Player does not support this library beyond a 15-minute demo period. We’ve included 106 Kontakt-compatible nki programs, featuring automatable attack, release, offset, swell, tuning, key-switching, EQ, convolution, and a full range of other effects controls. However, even if you’re not a Kontakt user, all samples are included as standard unlocked pcm wav files, so you can custom design your own instruments in any audio software you like. This library is also ideal for cinematic sound design and AV post-production work.
- 352 looping wav Samples (standard pcm wav)
- 108 .nki files (unlocked format)
- 2.78 GB installed (1.86 GB Download)
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 4/5 .nki and pcm .wav
- 77 Integrated Custom Convolution Reverb Impulses
Tonehammer Ambius Demo
Chris Cutting - Out of Ambience
Ryan Scully - Ambrosia