Versatile archtop electric guitar, suited for both clean and amped playing
Archtop: Hollowbody Electric Guitar is Impact Soundworks´ next-generation virtual instrument sampling a customised Sadowsky Jim Hall model with dual pickups.
This library is ideal for many genres, from jazz, funk, and R&B, to ambient, rock, pop, and beyond. With stunning realism and detail, you can write or perform virtually any rhythm or lead part you can imagine!
The gorgeous warm tone of Archtop can be processed with internal or external amps, cabs, and FX, or left totally clean; with tons of subtle detail and two pickups, it excels at clean playing.
Archtop also includes an advanced, but highly intuitive scripted interface. Articulations can be switched on/off and completely remapped to taste. A virtual fretboard provides visual feedback, and extensive engine controls are available for deep customization.
If you´re looking for a versatile, flexible, and affordable guitar instrument, Archtop is an excellent choice! Compared to other libraries, it´s highly intuitive and easy to play, providing a great sound out-of-the-box with no tweaking needed. No keyswitches or MIDI CCs are required either!
NOTE: Already own Shreddage II? Archtop has a lot to offer! While Shreddage is all about heavy, thick tones, rock, and double-tracking, Archtop specialises in more clean and dynamic playing.
Download the Shreddage 2 vs, Archtop comparison here (pdf)
- Extensive 24bit CLEAN recordings
- Sadowsky Jim Hall model archtop guitar
- Beautiful user interface with easy editing, presets, and FX pedals
- Custom blend between bridge and neck pickups
- Sustain, palm mutes, vibrato, tremolo
- Thumbed octaves, portamento (glissando)
- Staccato notes, hammer-on, pull-off playing
- Harmonics - artificial & real - neck slides, pick FX and noises
- Wide range of release noises
- Every fret sampled on every string
- Adjustable mapping and playing style
- KONTAKT 5.3 or KONTAKT PLAYER 5.3 (free) required
- Download the Archtop product manual via the link on the right.
- Requires 4gb disk space
- Download Size: (RAR files) Parts 1-7: 500MB each, Part 8: 89MB
01: Blake Ewing - We Are All Moons
02: Nuages Study
03: Dmitry Selipanoz - Melancholia
04: Archtop Take 5
05: Blake Ewing - We Are All Moons (No Vox)
06: Archtop Favorite