Miniature toy piano, prepared, mangled and deconstructed
Please note: For use of the included Kontakt Files, the fully purchased Kontakt 4 engine or higher is required. Users are still able to take advantage of the included sample files (wav/aiff), even if they do not own Kontakt.
Impact Soundworks CURIO: Cinematic Toy Piano is a rare collection of custom-designed tonal and atonal material for Kontakt 4 or higher. Designed by Ali Lacey, Curio features a miniature grand piano recorded naturally, then prepared, deconstructed, and mangled beyond recognition using acoustic and electronic sound design techniques.
In addition to atmospheric plucks, haunting and subtle mallet hits, and other traditional chromatic sounds, Curio contains a huge variety of percussive hits. These sounds, which range from light taps to earth-shaking subs, are ideal for epic cues and subtle underscore alike. The beautiful UI provides further editing controls, allowing for instant customization and shaping of any sound with just a few clicks.
With over +1400 samples provided in both NCW and WAV format (for further editing and mangling), Curio is a treasure trove of inspirational material.
- 23 unique instrument patches for KONTAKT 4+
- Deep-sampled mallets and plucks
- Bowed ambience, tapping, shaking textures
- Processed and natural percussive hits
- Tonal and atonal textures / sweeps
- Deep bass plucks and FX
- Hybrid airy/synthesized and chromatic sounds
- Intimate micing
- Beautiful scripted interface
- Envelopes, filters and user-controlled FX
- 1,400+ samples available as both NCW and standalone WAV for further mangling
Requires KONTAKT 4 or higher
Requires 1.2GB disk space
Download Size: (RAR files)
Parts 1 & 2: 1 GB each
Part 3: 259 MB