Multi-purpose 4-in 6-out multi-channel audio interface
This product is no longer available to purchase from Time+Space
This product comes with Steinberg Cubase 4 LE and Toontrack EZLite free in the box!
"With plenty of connectivity, it handles the needs of musicians and DJs alike, and with such good sound quality, it’s exceptional value for money." – iDJ magazine
The U46 XL is the successor of the famous U46DJ interface. As its predecessor, it provides 2 stereo line inputs, a microphone input with +48V phantom power and a headphone output. A main difference is the improved analog circuitry improving the audio quality as well as the professional microphone preamplifier with XLR input. This makes U46 XL the perfect solution to record signals from dynamic or condenser microphones on the road or in your studio.
The unit also features an instrument input (Hi-Z), typically to connect a guitar directly to it. Two totally separate stereo line inputs on the backside provide 4 simultaneously usable input channels at one time. There are also 6 independent individual outputs on the backside, perfect for multi-channel playback applications like to provide individual outputs for software synthesizers, to provide independent playback channels for DJ software or to provide surround playback capability via a 5.1 setup. A separate mix output with professional TRS outputs could be used to connect U46 XL to professional stereo studio monitors.
A cool feature is the DirectWIRE support in the driver, allowing you to record signals from one application to another internally. U46 XL works with this driver based on ESI´s EWDM technology under Windows XP and Windows Vista, however U46 XL is also Mac OS X compatible.
- Compact device in stylish white / aluminum case
- Supports 48kHz input recording and output playback with 100dB(a) dynamic range ADC / DAC
- 6 channel analog output plus separate mix output
- Microphone input with balanced XLR input and switchable +48V support
- Hi-Z input signal support (i.e. for electric guitars)
- 4 channel analog line input (4 simultaneous input channels in total)
- Bus powered (no extra power supply needed)
- EWDM driver with MME, WDM and ASIO 2.0 support; supports DirectWIRE
- Compatible to current Windows versions including Windows XP and Windows Vista, Mac OS X compatible (from 10.3)
Please click here to check the latest ESI driver compatibility for Windows and OSX.
Download users guide (PDF)
Download product data sheet (PDF)