Perfectly suited for edgy, modern music production - GET A FREE EZKEYS EXPANSION
Existing EZkeys users can buy the Small Upright sound library at a reduced price by purchasing the EZkeys Sound Expansion.
The Small Upright sound library features a six-octave model 1001 piano by August Hoffman, a renowned Swedish brand with lineage tracing back to the late 1800s. This specific instrument is often referred to as the ”Bambino” and was built in the 1970s.
Due to its small size, it produces a distinct, focused tone perfectly suited to cut through in any mix. Still to this day, and despite the fact that it’s since long out of production, the inimitable timbre of the August Hoffman ”Bambino” can be heard in songs by many top indie pop, rock and alternative bands. Start writing!
EZkeys Small Upright contains the same software, functionality and extensive MIDI library as the other EZkeys titles.
EZkeys – Sound Library Overview
A carefully sampled six-octave model 1001 piano by August Hoffman
Recorded at OAL Studio, Sweden, using only the best of the best in modern and vintage equipment
All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
Includes Sympathetic Resonance based on real samples
The included signal chain presets are based on high quality effects from Overloud. Effects used range from reverb to tape simulation and distortion. You can adjust each preset by using a set of controls that will affect the individual parameters.
The default sound. The basic piano sound slightly tweaked with controls for EQ, reverb, key and pedal noise.
A true bypass preset that represents what the piano sounded like from the raw recording. Also, in this preset, you can adjust the level of hammer, sustain pedal and releases as well as detune the piano.
Another natural sounding setting with adjustable EQ, room reverb and hammer noise.
Slight amounts of tape compression and saturation give character to this preset. Combined with the vintage spring reverb, you can give your sound a true Jamaican flavor.
Polished ’70s ballad piano. Tweak to your liking with EQ, compression and reverb.
A lot less polished, more throaty sound. Lots of room ambience available. Adjustable EQ, ambience, tape drive and hammer noise take you to another musical dimension.
A brighter setting with EQ, reverb and chorus controls at your disposal.
This one can go from bone dry to ambient with the onboard dryer control and the reverb, EQ and chorus. Set the dryer control to max and add some chorus for a taste of the ’80s.
Chorus and Delay
This preset features an adjustable tempo synchronized delay along with a classic chorus. The EQ lets you go from mellow to bright.
Delay and Compression
Another synchronized delay. This time along with EQ and compression controls.
Taste of ’90s
A bright, heavily processed, mid-scooped piano with compressed attack. Control the chorus EQ and delay. Made to cut through in the busiest of mixes.
An FX preset featuring a fluttery modulation effect, a tone knob and a reverse reverb.
A sharp, punchy sound in the spirit of early synthetic pianos. Adjustable EQ, compression, chorus and sharpness.
Another FX preset. This time we have a modulation filter, reverb and delay onboard. Play around with the modulation and discover anything from classic lo-fi tones to harpsichord with auto-wah sounds.
WHAT IS EZKEYS?
Described by Sound on Sound´s John Walden as "...the most fun I´ve had with a virtual instrument for years. Highly recommended", EZkeys is a revolutionary plugin and stand alone instrument that combines a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger and a meticulously sampled instrument - all in one package! Aside from breathtakingly rich tonal qualities, EZkeys allows the user unlimited creativity through its groundbreaking functionality.
Drag & drop MIDI
EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library (over 700 MIDI files) performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full song sections and covering all major genres such as Rock, Pop, Country, Gospel, Blues and Funk, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time!
Smart songwriting features
EZkeys includes a host of revolutionary and creative songwriting features. Transpose full MIDI tracks on the fly, use any MIDI file and transform it with playing styles found in other MIDI, use the groundbreaking EZkeys Chord Wheel to customise chord voicing and harmonic colour with just one mouse-click - and much, much more.
EZkeys features overview
• 32- and 64-bit AAX, VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as a low latency stand-alone application
• Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
• Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
• Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
• EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
• Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
• Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
• Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
• Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
• Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
• Presets for the most commonly used chord types
• Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
• Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the – or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
• “Humanize” any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
• Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
• Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
• Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
• Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
• Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
• Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
• MIDI-learn and automation
• Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
"It produces a tighter and lighter sound than any larger instruments, helping it cut through in mixes. In many very common recording situations it works extremely well." - Sound on Sound
"A pretty playable instrument, certainly, and arguably more characterful than its Grand sibling." - Computer Music (4/5 Stars)
Windows 7 or newer
Pentium 4 or Athlon processor with 2 GB RAM
VST, AAX or RTAS host application and professional sound card recommended. Stand-alone version included
Internet connection for content download
500 MB of free hard disk space
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
Intel-based Mac with 2 GB RAM
Audio Unit, VST, AAX or RTAS host application and professional sound card recommended. Stand-alone version included