Your one stop for a tonally balanced, professional master - SAVE 20%
As the industry’s most comprehensive mastering suite, iZotope Ozone 8 adds to its legacy by introducing new intelligent signal processing, spectral shaping, Tonal Balance Control, and more. Master your audio with over fifteen years of audio industry firsts at your fingertips. Enhanced to meet demands of the modern mastering workflow, Ozone 8 is your one stop for a tonally balanced, professional master with twelve essential mastering processors. It’s the smartest version of Ozone yet.
Perfect for Professional Mastering and Mixing Engineers, Ozone 8 Advanced includes:
● Dial in the perfect tonal balance with the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Ozone across all your tracks
● Communicate with Neutron 2 Advanced (sold separately) using the Tonal Balance Control plug-in for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow
● Tame problematic and harsh frequencies with the new Spectral Shaper module
● Quickly A/B track references right from any instance of Ozone or in its standalone application
● Twelve essential modern and vintage modules with component plug-ins: Spectral Shaper, EQ, Dynamic EQ, Post EQ, Maximizer (with IRC IV and new IRC Low Latency mode, Imager, Exciter, Dynamics, Vintage Limiter, Vintage Tape, Vintage EQ, Vintage Compressor
● Create a custom preset with Master Assistant and get your audio to an optimal starting point
● Have deeper control in Ozone’s Maximizer with new low latency IRC mode, Transient/Sustain Stereo Independence, and Learn Threshold
● Apply any saturation mode (Warm, Retro, Tape, Tube, Triode or Dual Triode) to any individual frequency band in the Exciter
● Use Ozone Advanced within your preferred host as a single plug-in, as individual component plug-ins, or work within the Ozone standalone application
● Redesigned user interface for an even better mastering experience
Assistance with control
Master Assistant uses the sonic profile of your audio to help you get to a logical starting point. Because your time is better spent adding your sonic signature, Master Assistant will suggest targets and signal chain and processor settings, so you can get back to what’s most important—adding that personal touch.
Balance your Master
The new Tonal Balance Control plug-in introduces industry-first visual analysis and communicates with all instances of Ozone so you can shape a perfectly balanced master. Instantly call up any Ozone Equalizer and adjust your tracks to targets based on hundreds of professional masters. You can even create your own custom targets from one or more songs in your personal library.
A new way to analyze your music, the Tonal Balance Control plug-in communicates with the Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 Equalizers (available separately). This new inter-plug-in communication lets you fix mix issues that hinder mastering and bridges the gap between the two. No more context switching or opening up multiple windows—just tonally balanced, professional sounding music.
Taming of the shrill
Smooth and sculpt problematic and harsh frequencies with the new Spectral Shaper module. Mold your audio by applying frequency-specific dynamics surgically or creatively to create smooth, balanced audio. Fantastic for taming percussive transients, Spectral Shaper can tame sibilant hi-hats, harsh vocals, plucky acoustic guitars, and other overly-bright mix elements. For a creative twist, use Spectral Shaper across any frequency band to experiment with timbre, resonance, and transient information without affecting other elements of the source audio.
Intelligent track referencing
A/B your master against reference tracks directly within any instance of Ozone or its standalone application. Now an integrated process, track referencing is easy, intelligent, and incorporated into Ozone’s workflow. Track referencing in Ozone allows you to load up to 10 tracks and will identify sections of your reference for easy playback like Verse or Chorus, so you can spend less time finding and more time mastering.
iZotope know you love IRC (Intelligent Release Control). They do too. That’s why they’ve added a low latency mode. It’s all the power of IRC limiting without the lag. iZotope have also improved IRC IV’s low-end fidelity to provide better feedback for a more responsive, smooth limiting algorithm.
Transient/Sustain Stereo Independence in Ozone’s Maximiser takes your master to the next level by detecting and separating transient and sustain information for a wider, deeper sonic profile. Transient Stereo Independence reduces pumping, introduces fewer artefacts, and leaves you with more of the sound you want, without narrowing your stereo image.
New Look and Feel
Great experiences are made with great design. That’s why iZotope made workflow improvements across the board. Work faster and more instinctively between mix and master with a similar workflow in Ozone 8 and Neutron 2, with beautiful visualizations, metering, and more fluid controls.
Windows: 7, 8, and 10
Mac: OS X 10.8–10.11 (Intel only)
Mac users, we currently recommend that you postpone your update to Mac OS x 10.11.
Pro Tools 10-12 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST 2, VST 3, and Audio Unit.
Plug-in host compatibility
Pro Tools 10-12, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Cubase, Digital Performer, SONAR, REAPER, and many more.
Graphics card requirements
For use of the scrolling 3D Spectrogram in Insight, Ozone 7 Advanced requires a graphics card that supports Open GL 2.0.
Minimum screen resolution
Plug-in: 1,159 x 614 Standalone application: 1,166 x 827