The powerful sound of Slavic singing performed by an all-female choir
Please note: you will need the full version of Kontakt 4 or higher to use this library, It will not work with the free Kontakt Player.
Discover the powerful sound of Slavic (Bulgarian style) singing as performed by an all-female choir (sopranos, mezzos, altos, soloist, and full choir). Impact Soundworks Vocalisa features many important syllables and consonants idiomatic to this style, plus useful pitch articulations (mordents, turns) and FX (breaths, claps, clusters.)
Welcome to the world of Vocalisa: Slavic Women’s Choir. This library provides access to a unique musical tradition – the traditional vocal ensembles of Bulgaria and other Slavic regions. This choral sound is different from a traditional Western Classical choir in its use of of tight harmonies, piercing vowels, and extensive ornamentation to produce a haunting, ethereal sound.
In creating Vocalisa, Impact Soundworks meticulously captured the most frequently-used syllables, ornaments, and vocal effects. We recorded in sections as well as full choir; This allows users full control of the performing forces.Whole and semitone clusters, breaths, and FX are also included, as well as the full range of dynamics from the quietest sotto voce pianissimo to the loud brassy fortissimo that Slavic choirs are known for.
Vocalisa´s interface emphasizes immediate playability and usability, plus easy access to more robust editing for advanced users. Provided are two different methods of phrase-building – “Grid Mode” lets users simply type in syllables and ornaments into patterns, then save presets. “Keyswitch Mode”, meant for more advanced users, allows for direct control of syllable and ornament triggering, with sustain pedal-triggered “smart-switching” between syllables to allow the most seamless performances.
We hope you will enjoy the unique sound of Vocalisa in your productions!
- Detailed & authentic recordings of traditional Slavic choral singing
- Five sections: Full choir, sopranos, mezzos, altos, and soloist
- Syllable building with idiomatic vowel + consonant combinations: eh, mah, yah, ree, shteh, svah, oh
- Mordents / turns, clusters, FX, and breaths
- Two flexible playing modes: keyswitch & grid (sequence) mode
- Beautiful UI with performance & syllable tweaking, mixing options, and onboard FX
- Carefully recorded for a versatile sound with air and character
- KONTAKT 4+ (full version - NOT player) required
- Requires 3gb disk space
- 6gb of RAM recommended
- Download Size: (RAR files): Parts 1 & 2: 1GB each, Part 3: 177MB