ProjectSAM releases major new update for Symphobia 2
Thursday, October 13, 2011
ProjectSAM has released version 1.3 of Symphobia 2. This massive 7 GB (uncompressed sample format) update offers loads of additional samples, new features and a completely overhauled interface.
An additional dynamic layer has been added to four of the popular Legato Ensembles. This means that you now have multi-dynamic, expressive mod-wheel control for instruments such as the Celli Doublebasses in Octaves and the Horns Violins Violas in Unison.
10 New inspiring Multis are available covering various styles and genres. Some examples are Close the Gates, Femme Fatale, Sniper Mission and Transcending Monks.
A whole list of new features and functionality is available: a new Horns Trombones instrument with "cliffhanger clusters", an informative color-coded Kontakt keyboard, the ability to control release trail volume and length, legato overlap time and curve, reset round robin cycles and much more.
Symphobia 2 1.3 is a fully free update available for download to all registered Symphobia 2 users at www.projectsam.com.
- Additional dynamic layer for Hn Tbn in unis legato ensemble
- Additional dynamic layer for Vcl Db in Oct legato ensemble
- Additional dynamic layer for Vlns in Oct legato ensemble
- Additional dynamic layer for Hn Vln Vla in unis legato ensemble (using Hn Tbn forte layer)
- New Horns with Trombones Instrument with "cliffhanger clusters" and DXF octaves
- 10 New Multis
NEW FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Completely rewritten script for all instruments offering improved stability and speed
- Ability to control Release Trail volume per keyswitch
- Ability to control Release Trail length per keyswitch
- Ability to control overlap time and curve for Legatos
- Ability to enable/disable lowpass filter for soft Legato dynamics
- Ability to reset/bypass round robin cycle with default piano key A6 (shown in yellow on keyboard)
- Release Trail memory for Legatos (reverb trails won't cut off when playing faster notes)
- Only relevant controls for selected keyswitch are displayed
- Active keyswitch shown in green on Kontakt on-screen keyboard
- Keyboard coloring for Multis (showing you where instrument ranges start and stop)
- More consistent keyswitch start position (C6 for almost all instruments)
- Improved instrument and keyswitch naming, grouping and order
- Better on-screen explanatory texts for selected keyswitch
- More control over DSP effects from interface (each effect can now be controlled individually)
- All Legatos now controlled by modwheel (instead of velocity)
- Interface now shows library version number for user reference
- Updated interface graphics
- Symphobian Drums, bonus bass drum and snare drum samples added to Full Orchestrator
- Full Orchestrator range has been extended
- Ranges of various Legato Ensembles have been slightly extended
- Other various instrument-specific improvements
SYMPHOBIA 2 1.3 is a free update for all existing registered SYMPHOBIA 2 users. To download the update, log in to your ProjectSAM account, make sure your copy of SYMPHOBIA 2 is registered on the Product Center page and click "Request Symphobia 2 1.3 update" from the registered product list. Within minutes, you will receive an e-mail with your personal download code and installation instructions.