Pop as a cultural music phenomenon is broader than ever before. In its vast landscape, the already blurred lines between the styles it encompasses are constantly thrusted to the side to make room for new iterations. As a foundational component in any genre, drums in particular are often in the forefront of this experimental and ever-changing panorama. Sometimes all-digital or all-acoustic, other times hybrids of both or somewhere floating in between. Production values, one may argue. But fact remains, the groove is the heartbeat of any song.
“I think one of the biggest challenges in modern pop productions is to keep the human feel. Starting with full drum grooves, or elements thereof, performed by a real drummer is a great advantage,” says drummer Norman Garschke.
- Drum MIDI grooves and fills inspired by modern pop, dance and EDM music
- Ideal for any songwriter
- Performed by session drummer
- More than 400 individually played files
- 4/4 and 6/8 in straight and/or swing feel with tempos ranging from 69 BPM to 144 BPM
- Artists used for reference: Ariana Grande, Bruno Mars, Flo Rida, Zara Larsson, P!nk
- Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge and fills sections
Welcome to a collection of grooves and fills, perfect for any curious and creative songwriter looking for a palette of new foundational ideas.