Toontrack's Urban Jazz Grooves is probably best described as a less busy, more pocket-oriented and backbeat-driven derivate of fusion. Basically, it’s a seamless blend that merges the subtleties of jazz, the technicality of fusion, the groove of funk and the power of rock.
For this collection of MIDI drummer Luke Oswald, creative mind behind Toontrack’s hugely popular Fusion Grooves and Fusion Fills MIDI packs, gathered inspiration not only from his own experience but also from the genre’s forerunning artists such as Brian Culbertson, Jeff Lorber, Larry Coryell and Kirk Whalum as well as iconic drummers like Lil’ John Roberts, Chris Miskel, Omar Hakim and Oscar Seaton.
- A backbeat-driven blend of jazz, fusion, rock and funk
- Inspired by the smooth/urban jazz genre and iconic drummers like Lil’ John Roberts, Chris Miskel, Omar Hakim and Oscar Seaton
- Performed by professional session drummer
- 600 individually played files
- Straight and swing variations with tempos ranging from 75 BPM to 120 BPM
- Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge and fills sections
Welcome to a collection of tight, backbeat-driven grooves, ideal for largely any songwriting application that calls for that special finesse and extraordinary detail only a great drummer can muster.FIND OUT MORE HERE