Rob Papen has announced that he has released a new free update for his most popular virtual synth – SubBoomBass 2!
SubBoomBass has featured on everything from chart-topping hits, underground anthems and Hollywood film scores by artists like Teddy Riley, Junkie XL, Noisia and Hannah V to name but a few.
Described as "essential for anyone making Dance music" by Future Music Magazine, the original version of SubBoomBass received multiple awards and widespread acclaim.
"It sounds very classy in the lower regions, but is also a real creative powerhouse." said Music Tech mag. "Don't think of it as just a bass synth, but also as a plug-in that's great for electro-acoustic timbre. 10/10"
The free SubBoomBass 2 update is expected to be released in early February and will include brand new samples, presets, sequencer modes and many more new features!
Here's a few more details...
- GUI sizes 100%, 125%, 150% and 200%
- New control menu in the upper right corner for global features, and for checking for updates
- Improved top section, Oscillator, Filter, and Sequencer GUI
- New Zero Latency Filter types & Ring Modulation
- Post Filter Distortion Mode
- New Ratcheting feature inside Sequencer
- New range of samples
- Grain Sample Mode for granular resynthesis of samples.
- New Monophonic play modes (Low /High note)
- MIDI MPE compatible (Poly MPE)
- Polyphonic aftertouch works correctly now.
- New modulation sources & destinations
- Clipper / Tremolo / Vibrato & Ring Modulation Effects
- Ability to order presets by date in Bank Manager
- 243 new presets inside:
- 01 Sequence Presets 03 (23) | 02 Sub-Bass Presets 02 (12) | 03 Bass Presets 06 (71) | 04 Instruments & FX 01 (2) | | 05 JoMal Bank 03 (35) | 05 TONAL AXiS 01 (36) | 06 Oddiction Bank 02 953) | Oddiction Bank 03 (11)
- And other small bug fixes & improvements.
Existing SubBoomBass 2, eXplorer-6 or Urban-X bundle customers will be able to download the update from robpapen.com.
Don't already own SubBoomBass 2? Why not download the free demo version from our product page at the link below?