- Audio Demo 1 of 16
- Audio Demo 2 of 16
- Audio Demo 3 of 16
- Audio Demo 4 of 16
- Audio Demo 5 of 16
- Audio Demo 6 of 16
- Audio Demo 7 of 16
- Audio Demo 8 of 16
- Audio Demo 9 of 16
- Audio Demo 10 of 16
- Audio Demo 11 of 16
- Audio Demo 12 of 16
- Audio Demo 13 of 16
- Audio Demo 14 of 16
- Audio Demo 15 of 16
- Audio Demo 16 of 16
More than just a drum production tool, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 is an entire virtual studio which provides an extensive and unrivalled set of options to creatively craft and design your drum sound without restraint. Superior Drummer 3 puts you in control.
Taking the Superior legacy to the next level, Superior Drummer 3 has been completely redesigned from scratch to offer a completely new workflow with a huge number of additional features and an unparalleled core library of raw sound material.
- Over 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bi
- 7 Drum Kits and additional instruments
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
- Playback in stereo or up to 11 channel surround systems
- Engineered by George Massenburg
- Integrated offline audio to MIDI conversion
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
- 35 mixer effects
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
- Built-in MIDI grid editor
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls
- Drag & drop and import for individual and third party samples
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE ON THIS PAGE:
*Please note: Multiple licences are available to purchase for Superior Drummer 3 on our designated multiple licence product page - Go to Superior Drummer 3 Multiple Licence.
**A 230 GB Superior Drummer 3 Core Sound-Only Library on an SSD drive is also available from us - Go to Superior Drummer SSD. (See bottom of page for more details.)
The Superior Drummer 3 software and the full core sound library are delivered as downloads, available directly from the Toontrack Product Manager upon registration.
**At an additional cost, there is also an option of getting the full sound library pre-installed on a 256 GB solid-state drive (SSD). Note that this is a supplement intended for those that purchase a license and want the sound library conveniently pre-installed on a quality drive. This box comes with no software licence – only sounds. NEED THE OPTIONAL SSD DRIVE ? - Click here to order now
Due to the size of the library and to ensure that each customer freely can decide in what capacity he or she wants to utilize the source material, the product is configured in six (6) convenient download packages. Start by installing the software and then add each package in sequence as you go.
- Download 1: “Software” - The Superior Drummer 3 software. No sounds. Approx. download size: 230 MB
- Download 2: “Basic Sound Library” - All instruments, all tools and all articulations in direct microphones as well as the OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels. Bleed available in Snare Bottom, OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels. Approx. download size: 40 GB
- Download 3: “Room” - The rest of the room microphone channels (OH Cond, Amb Near and Amb Mid). Approx. download size: 46 GB
- Download 4: “Surround 1” - Surround. Five channel microphone setup to achieve 5-channel surround. Approx. download size: 43 GB
- Download 5: “Surround 2” - Height and width. Six channel microphone setup to achieve 11-channel surround (in combination with the “Surround 1” content). Approx. download size: 52 GB.
- Download 6: “Bleed” - All remaining instrument bleed, meaning the sound picked up by microphones other than the one(s) directly intended for a specific instrument or ambience Approx. download size: 54 GB.
The Drums – Immense and immersive, captured with layers of technology
The Superior Drummer 3 core sound library was recorded by award-winning engineer George Massenburg at probably the world’s most quiet and ideal location for sampling, the Galaxy Studios in Belgium. The library boasts in excess of 230 GB of raw sound material captured in extreme detail.
In additional to close microphones and several ambience positions, the Superior Drummer 3 setup also includes an additional eleven room microphones set up in a surround configuration, for use in anything from stereo to 5.1, 9.1 and all the way up to 11.1 systems. In combination with the large selection of extra instruments added for stacking and sound design purposes, the sounds of Superior Drummer 3 give you an incomparable palette of options to craft drum tones beyond your wildest imagination.
“Superior Drummer 3 takes music creation to a level of quality, flexibility and authenticity beyond the imagination.” - George Massenburg, Recording Engineer
- Seven kits (Ayotte, Gretsch, Pearl, Premier, Ludwig (x2), Yamaha)
- Tom shell dimensions cover ranges from 6” to 20"
- Optional tool selection available on select kits and instruments (sticks, brushes, rods, felt mallets)
- Optional drum head selection available on select kits and instruments
- Approx. 350 electronic drum sounds, sampled from vintage and classic drum machines
- 25 unique acoustic snares, 35 recorded configurations
- 16 unique acoustic kicks, 27 different recorded configurations
The making of the Core Sound Library
Meet the team and get a glimpse of what happened behind the scenes during the recording sessions in this video below:
The Studio – Audio perfection in utter silence
Tom Van Achte take you on a tour through the Galaxy complex.
The Superior Drummer 3 core sound library was recorded at Galaxy Studios in Belgium. With its 330-square meter room and eight meter ceiling height, it was the ideal location for capturing immersive audio of the utmost quality. In addition, the entire studio complex is built on springs to ensure that the outside interference is literally non-existent. In fact, with only 14 dBA of environmental noise, the main hall at Galaxy Studio is the most quiet recording space of this size in the world.
Perfect acoustics, balanced reverberation and second-to-none recording technology. Superior Drummer 3 called for a superior studio. We’d dare to say that this is the most nuanced and candidly captured sample library on the market.
George Massenburg – Superior engineer, audio pioneer, professor and inventor
George Massenburg’s contribution to the world of audio technology is hard to emphasize in words. Aside from having produced, mixed or engineered in excess of four hundred records, received almost any industry award thinkable, been inducted into the Technology Hall of Fame and received an honorary Doctorate of Music at the esteemed Berklee College, he is the inventor of an industry staple: the parametric equalizer. His attention to detail, accuracy and quality is second to none.
Superior Drummer 3 called for a superior engineer. These are his drum sounds – captured with layers of technology and a lifetime of experience to back it up. Check out the video below as George takes you through his Superior Drummer 3 microphone positioning philosophy.
Grooves – The heartbeat of your song
New and improved features for finding, customizing and working with MIDI. From quickly getting a custom beat going to diving deep into fine-tuning timing and velocity detail, Superior Drummer 3 has got you covered.
- Multiple song tracks
- Build full drum arrangements
- Grid editor
- Time and tempo editor integrated in Song Track
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track with improved workflow and search functionality added
- Integrated grooves and search browser
- Text search
The MIDI Library
The Superior Drummer 3 MIDI library was designed to provide a wealth of fundamental groove and fill variations for mainstream pop, rock and singer-songwriter material. It also has a few dedicated sections for metal as well as an ‘Extras’ category with count-ins, snare rolls and MIDI files specifically designed for use with brushed samples. In total, the library encompasses in excess of 1,600 individually played fills, all categorized in common song structure parts.
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by a broad range of styles
- More than 1,600 individually played files
- 4/4, 3/4, 6/8, 12/8, 2/4 in straight and swing feel
- Tempos ranging from 55 to 204 BPM
- Song structure categorization (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, fills, etc.)
Mixer – Control and power, beyond the thinkable
The mixer introduces 35 low-footprint insert effects, making each channel strip a virtual sound processing powerhouse. Route, bus, send, saturate, blend and mix – the creative options are endless. With Superior Drummer 3, you are in control.
- 35 mixer effects (EQ, delay, reverb, filters, dynamics, distortion, modulation)
- A wide array of presets for all included kits
- Individual mic bleed and mic control
- Bus, route, send
To help you get started or to let you peek “under the hood” of how other engineers tweak their drums, we’ve included a comprehensive collection of mix-ready presets for a wide range of genres that you can use either as quick one-click solutions to get a great mix up or as a starting point from where you can venture off into your own sonic landscape.
We have worked with a wide range of our favourite producers – from local talent to some of the industry’s top names, like Bob Rock, Andy Sneap, George Massenburg and Richard Devine. Each engineer was given a blank slate and could create from the ground up, involving anything from their own custom samples to brand new field recordings of foley, one shots and percussion.
- A wide range of traditional acoustic presets for each kit
- Presets for electronic, hip-hop, rock, metal and much more
- Creative sound design and hybrid kit renditions
- Presets by industry legends such as Bob Rock, Andy Sneap, George Massenburg and Richard Devine.
Tracker – A new breed of audio to MIDI conversion
The Tracker introduces the arguably most efficient and accurate drum audio to MIDI conversion software on the market. Built on a highly advanced instrument recognition neural network, the Tracker detects hits with an unequalled accuracy and speed. With the seamless integration with Superior Drummer 3, replacing or augmenting drums has never been more powerful than now.
- Drum recognition based on artificial intelligence (AI)
- Machine learning based on over 1.4 million drum audio files
- Offline audio to MIDI conversion
- Track complex drum patterns faster than ever before
- Unlimited control with Find Similar, Sound Recognition
- Threshold and other specially designed features
- Create tempo maps from audio with the Find Tempo feature
- Reduce bleed between different microphones to avoid false triggers
- Edit MIDI notes individually directly in the waveform
- Seamless integration with Superior Drummer 3
- Endless possibilities to replace or augment any drum performance
- Get experimental – import any audio file to generate original percussive rhythms
E-Drums - Make your electronic kit sound like you
By combining smart software features with extreme sample detail and nuance, Superior Drummer 3 bridges the gap between the “e” and the drums, making your electronic kit every bit as “real” and acoustic as it can be.
Superior Drummer 3 was designed with you in mind, the demanding e-drummer. Get started playing instantly with one of the the new e-drum presets, or customize the way the software responds to your playing with new, easy-to-use controls on the dedicated e-drums settings tab.
The e-drum settings tab is used to transform incoming MIDI to the standard of any loaded sound library without affecting the playback of your MIDI files. This makes it easy to combine your own playing with any MIDI files available from Toontrack. It also offers quick access to the MIDI controls most frequently used, like hi-hat pedal and snare CC response. Controls and articulations for the mapping of custom kits and pads with multiple zones and positional sensitivity are available as well.
All this in combination with optimized velocity response, humanization and up to 25 velocity layers per instrument in the Superior Drummer 3 core library will make your playing more expressive and well-rounded than ever!
- New e-drum settings page allows transforming incoming MIDI without affecting the playback of your MIDI files.
- Get started playing instantly with new e-drum presets for a variety of e-drum brands
- Easy setup for positional sensing pads and multiple articulations
- No need for a DAW – capture your performance directly in the Song Track of Superior Drummer 3
- Superb realism, new articulations and manageable library size with up to 25 velocity layers per instrument
- Quick access to controls for snare and hi-hat CC
- Optimized response and humanization
Exclusive Features Overview by us here at Time+Space
SAMPLECAST: REVIEW OF SD3
65 DRUMS: BREAK DOWN
PRO TOOLS EXPERT: NEW FEATURES
SEAN DEVINE: PREVIEW & DEMO
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING BLUES
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING CLASSIC ROCK
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING DRUM & BASS
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING FUNK
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING INDIE ROCK
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING JAZZ
TIME+SPACE: PLAYING METAL
TIME+SPACE: SOLO 1
TIME+SPACE: SOLO 2
TIME+SPACE: SOLO 3
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.