Strum GS-2 is a plug-in for the production of guitar tracks. With a huge collection of acoustic and electric guitars, automatic chord recognition, sophisticated chord voicing, integrated strumming and picking action, MIDI riff library, amp and effects, playing guitar on a keyboard has never been so easy.
This bundle includes Strum GS-2 plus all currently available Sound Banks.
WHAT'S NEW in STRUM GS-2?
- Acoustic and electric - The acoustic and electric guitars are now included in a single plug-in.
- Guitar library - A completely reviewed factory library with a huge collection of production-ready acoustic and electric guitars.
- MIDI loop library - An extensive set of strumming patterns in MIDI loop packs covering different techniques and musical styles.
- Modeling - A completely revised string module, finer pick/finger interaction, integrated coupling at the bridge, and precise body response for a super rich and natural tone
- Keyboard mode - The new Keyboard mode lets you play lead lines and your own voicings.
- Loop mode - The new Loop mode gives you direct access to elaborate rhythm figures—which you can pick from a large collection of MIDI loops covering many musical styles—to supplement your chord progressions.
- Strumming engine - Completely revised strumming engine for expressive and natural strumming.
- Compressor and equalizer - These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Strum GS-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Bank and program manager - Strum GS-2’s new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plug-ins - Strum GS-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
- UPDATED Overhauled effects - Reinvigorated and polished, Strum GS-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
Playing guitar on a keyboard has never been easier - Creating a realistic guitar track from samples is a tough job. Guitar players voice chords differently, strumming is not easily reproduced on a keyboard, and guitar players use all sort of techniques such as palm muting, scratching and sliding simply not available on a keyboard. Strum GS-2 now does all of this for you!
Strum with MIDI loops - Use the vast collection of recorded strumming patterns over the chords you play and find inspiration for your track. Drag and drop the loop to your host sequencer and make it perfect for you song.
The right voicings for the chords you know - Strum GS-2 chord library contains basic and extended chords available in open, movable, or drop voicings. Play the chords you know and Strum voices them automatically as a guitarist would.
Strum on your keyboard - Trigger down and upstrokes, scratches and mutes, or create picking patterns using the arpeggio keys.
Articulation and expression - Slide and bend with the pitch wheel or aftertouch. Add vibrato with the modulation wheel. Natural hammer-ons and pull-offs when playing leads.
Guitar craftsmanship - Have you ever had the chance to create your own guitar? Strum GS-2 allows you to do just that by controlling every aspect in the making of your instrument.
Picks and fingers - Hand picking or playing an heavy riff? Use a pick that is rounded or sharp, stiff or soft. Dig into the strings or use a light touch, play near the bridge or towards the neck for an evolving tone.
String by string - Select material and natural decay for each string. Precise control of coupling and interactions at the bridge breath life into your tone with beating and organic envelopes.
Pickups - Whether they are single coils or humbuckers, pickups are a fundamental part of the electric guitar sound. They shape the whole instrument’s response and their multiple configurations give tremendous tone flexibility.
Body shopping - The soundboard of a guitar radiates vibrations from the strings. Choose a body size to colour the sound with specific resonances and find the right character.
Mutes and scratches - As on a real guitar, strings interact with the players hands and frets. Fine tune your rhythm parts and rifs with palm muting, scratches, and hammer-ons.
Bare naked—All suited up - You’ll love the pure raw sound of Strum GS-2, but the built-in effects will bring it to so many places that you’ll enjoy having them on hand. And you have a chock-full of them to choose from: compressor, equalizer, delay, distortion, phaser, chorus, flanger, wah wah and notch filters, and reverb.
- Acoustic - 63 presets
- Acoustic Experimental - 40 presets
- Electric Clean - 80 presets
- Electric Crunch - 34 presets
- Electric Distortion - 25 presets
- Electric DI - 11 presets
- Acoustic MIDI loop packs - 406 loops in 58 packs
- Electric MIDI loop packs - 301 loops in 43 packs
As well as Strum GS-2, this collection includes the following sound banks...
Resident sound designer Yves Frulla presents his third Strum GS-2 sound pack conveniently titled Take 3—featuring 12 styles, 73 guitar presets, and 84 strumming patterns playable with your own chord progressions. This new collection features those hard to find odd time signature grooves you have been looking for—3/4, 6/8, 9/8, and 12/8 aimed at rock, blues, pop, country, and reggae. Unlike your grandmaʼs favourite waltz, Take 3 feels fresh and versatile. When a project calls for unconventional triplet feel or triple meter time signature, Take 3 should prove itself as an ideal complement. Dig deep and give a fun dimension to your music with this unique sound pack.
Sound designer Niall McCallum transports Strum GS-2 to the golden era of funk—the foundational experiments in groove from the likes of Sly & The Family Stone, James Brown, and The Meters. From choppy 16th-note riffs loaded with tight, muted stabs to slick rhythmic chord progressions, this kaleidoscopic new set takes the very best from the forefathers of the game and sends the whole package hurtling into the present. Classic chorus, spring reverb, and the indisputable hallmark of funk, the wah-wah, put in the work in the 84 guitar sounds of this fantastic collection. Further, 12 styles deliver 84 smooth strumming patterns that stand in readiness to thrust your extended chords into full-on hypnotic grooves.
Blue Rhythms payS tribute to the soulful sounds of the ’70s and captures the grooves defined by legendary artists of that musical era with 12 playing styles, 87 guitar presets, and 84 strumming patterns playable with your own chord progressions. From Motown to Muscle Shoals, Blue Rhythms brings that expressive guitar vibe you need to instill groove and swagger to your next production.
Resident sound designer Christian Laffitte infuses high energy into Strum GS-2 with his new sound pack, Power Chords—featuring 13 styles, 92 guitar presets, and 93 strumming patterns playable with your own chord progressions. From Classic Rock to Metal to Industrial, Power Chords fits a variety of production flavors supercharged with attitude. Ranging from sparkly clean sounds all the way up to high-gain territory, Power Chords gives you plenty of chugging action to rock out on your next endeavor.
Good Folks explores the world of contemporary folk music while remembering its original roots. This sound pack features many styles of folk music inspired by some of the most renowned artists in the genre. With its 12 folk styles, 95 guitar presets, and 84 strumming patterns playable with your own chord progressions, let Good Folks become your go-to source for all your modern and classic folk music needs.
Latin Vibes explores the world of traditional and modern Latin music with an excellent sense of groove and sensuality. This sound pack features many styles such as Bossa Nova, Reggaeton, Brazilian, Kompa, Flamenco, Bachata, and more. With its 12 styles, 81 guitar presets, and 84 strumming patterns playable with your own chord progressions, Latin Vibes will become a go-to source for your Latin guitar needs. Click here to view the Latin Vibes Sound Bank
A fun sound pack that rocks out pop-infused acoustic and electric guitar goodness. Full of groove, punch, and excitement, it's a set of power tools to add to your writing arsenal. Pop Rocks packs 12 pop styles, 68 presets, and 84 strumming patterns playable with your own chord progressions. By combining Strum GS-2's Guitar, Keyboard, and Loop modes along with preset variations, all your guitar parts are covered. Whether it's a lead sound or doubling takes, the core elements are at your disposal to add character or give a more organic sound to your song arrangement. Click here to view the Pop Rocks Sound Bank
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.