Soundiron Street Bukit is a deep collection of classic DIY ("Do-It-Yourself") drumkit sounds that are found in improvised urban street performers' drum kits.
Common to cities around the world, you'll often find street drummers playing an ecclectic variety of large and small plastic buckets, pots, pans and other scrap and found objects arranged into a rough sort of drum kit. They play with marching or rock drum sticks, jazz brushes, mallets and hands, with specialized technique for producing kick drum sounds – they left the edge of a large bucket with the side of their feet and them stomp or drop it back down in different ways to produce unique lo-fi “bass drum” sounds.
As raw a concept as this might seem, skilled street bucket drummers can be profoundly virtuosic, with complex, highly nuanced rhythms, grooves and cadences ranging from drum corps to break-beat to drum n' bass to industrial and tribal.
The Street Bukit features 5 different buckets and 5 different pots and pans recorded in three ubiquitous urban environments: city street corner, open garage and a small apartment bedroom. A comprehensive FX Rack panel is also included, with multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of Soundiron's most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses easily available right through the interface.
Street Bukit also includes a huge selection of real-world environmental ambiences that were recorded in a range of different urban environments to really put you in the middle of it all. And finally, there’s a broad selection of custom atmospheres, drones, melodic pads and soundscapes all hand-crafted and manipulated from the raw bucket drum source recordings to give you plenty of textures and accompaniment options, to mix and blend, all in a convenient and intuitive self-contained package.
Soundiron designed a powerful custom interface to give you full control over every aspect of the sound, while keeping it easy to jump in and play right out of the bucket. You can load up one of the three main Ensembles (Street, Garage, Bedroom) to have everything at your fingertips, or load up the Solo presets to create your own tuned percussion blends with a pair of flexible articulation mix layers. Or you can use the Megamixer system to build your own custom 8-piece DIY kit and play it live with your keyboard or drum midi controller.
The FX Rack system gives you an elegant and intuitive interface with access to a wide range of effects including Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Dynamics, Drive (featuring 4 different effects), 2 amp sims, 8 cabs, EQ, Filter, tempo-synched Delay and convolution Reverb with lots of Soundiron's favourite custom impulses.
NKI Program Presets
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later.
- The full retail version of Kontakt 5.1.0 and later is required for all "K5" presets.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- This library includes fully accessible unlocked wav sample directories to allow optional user modification, customized mapping and reprogramming to other formats and audio environments.
- Recorded in three distinct environments: Street, Garage and Bedroom.
- Three distinct preset types: Ensemble, Solo and Megamixe.r
- Saving and Loading of custom Megamixer setups (K5 only).
- 5 different buckets: 5 gallon, 2 gallon, 5 quart, 2 quart.
- 5 different pots and pans "cymbals".
- Recorded with sticks, mallets, brushes and boots.
- Advanced custom arpeggiation system with Saving and Loading of custom setups (K5 only).
- Built-in flexible custom lo-pass and volume oscillator system.
- Ambiences, Atmospheres, Tuned Pads and other custom melodic instruments crafted directly from the Street Bukit source.
- Full Multi-FX rack panel with Chorus, Compression, Distortion, Amp and Cab simulation, EQ, Delay and Reverb.
- Our Reverb rack unit includes 25 unique creative FX convolutions and 45 excellent live rooms, studios, chambers, cathedrals, halls and other real-world environments, with flexible tone, size and mix controls.
- Fully automatable, with customizable key switch and GUI controls.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- 2.40 GB Installed
- 4,105 samples
- 22 nki Kontakt instrument presets (11 K4 / 11 K5)
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Open format to allow user customization
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5 .nki and pcm .wav