Vienna Ensemble Pro has become the definitive cross-platform network solution in studios and production facilities around the world. This mixing and hosting application enables you to set up a multiple computer network with both Macs and PCs without the need for extra MIDI and audio interfaces – all you need is a simple Ethernet cable! Even when you’re using only one computer, Vienna Ensemble Pro improves your work-flow dramatically, with unique functions such as “Preserve” that keeps all your plug-ins and samples loaded while switching from one project to another – a huge time saver!
Of course Vienna Ensemble Pro supports Vienna Instruments, but you may also integrate all of your third-party 64-bit and 32-bit VST/AU instruments and effects plug-ins (such as Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Waves, you name it) and mix them in stereo and surround (up to 7.1), with full parameter automation and optional one-click integration with Vienna MIR Pro. What’s more, with the included Epic Orchestra Sample Pack you get a powerful all-in-one production tool to get you started right away!
Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 is the latest version and comes with a wealth of new features and performance improvements. Please find an overview of all the key features and versions under the Product Comparison menu.
- Retina (HiDPI) graphics support on both Mac and PCs
- Tabbed instances – Improved organization with one common window for all instances, with detachable instances, re-ordering of instances, and tab-coloring for better identification
- Frozen/Disabled channels allow unloading all plug-ins (including their allocated memory) from a selected channel, while keeping data intact
- Intelligent auto-save functionality – Auto-saves project in desired intervals, but only when transport is stopped, so it doesn’t interrupt a playing session. Easily recover projects in the event of a crash.
- VCA folders let you organize your channels conveniently with folders and subfolders that are easy to color-code
- VST hosting on the Mac, allowing for full compatibility with Windows
- Channel grouping allows assigning channels to a group, with option to link selected parameters to the entire group
- “Raise Instance” is now a Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-in parameter to enable automation/hardware controller assignment for quick instance access
- “Auto Raise Instance” option raises the connected Vienna Ensemble Pro instance automatically when you show the Vienna Ensemble Pro plug-in
- New code base for about 70% less CPU usage for all internal Vienna Ensemble Pro calculations
- Rewritten user interface code resulting in 80% less CPU usage for graphics
- Improved multi-threading performance for increased plug-in hosting capacity
- Redesigned, resizable plug-in window and Audio/Event Input Plug-in
- Faster connection/disconnection times when switching between projects
- Unified channel model – No more need to create different channels for Vienna Instruments or 3rd party plug-ins. Every channel now has the capability to be a bus, audio input, plug-in channel, Vienna Instruments, Vienna Instruments Pro or Vienna Imperial channel. Drag & drop plug-ins to any channel.
- In combination with Vienna MIR Pro: Impulse response files loading up to 5 times faster, improved graphical performance (especially under OS X).
- Mixer Interface Customization allows turning on or off sections in the mixer to suit your needs
- Transmission of all keys to host – Shortcuts not in use by Vienna Ensemble Pro will be transferred to a connected DAW
- Miniature view – Channel strips can now be further collapsed
- Faster plug-in scanning
- Many more usability improvements throughout the application
- Cross-platform MIDI and audio LAN solution for Macs and PCs.
- No audio interfaces, no MIDI interfaces on your additional networked computers – All you need is Ethernet with a Gigabit connection.
- Full surround support up to 7.1 with integrated plug-ins for surround-to-surround balancing and mono/stereo-to-surround.
- 3rd party AU/VST (Mac) and VST (PC) hosting – Instantiate Vienna Instruments along with other 3rd party VST and AU plug-ins (works with nearly all available VST/AU plug-ins and supports multiple outputs).
- Dual architecture servers – Run 64-bit and 32-bit Vienna Ensemble Pro Servers side-by-side on the same computer and integrate 32-bit 3rd party instruments into your 64-bit DAW and vice versa.
- VST3/AAX Native/RTAS/MAS connector plug-ins – Supports up to 48 MIDI ports and 768 audio ports per instance.
- Event input plug-in – Route MIDI data from your DAW into Vienna Ensemble Pro to circumvent the single MIDI port limitation under AU and VST2 formats (e.g., Logic, Digital Performer).
- Audio input plug-in – Route audio signals from your DAW into Vienna Ensemble Pro, e.g., to turn it into a virtual FX rack on your networked computer.
- Preserve Instance – Disconnect Vienna Ensemble Pro from your sequencer while keeping all of your instruments and samples loaded, and re-connect to a new cue or project without loading again.
- Optimize All – Clean up your RAM by purging all unused samples of all instantiated Vienna Instruments with one mouse click!
- Slave mode host tempo synchronization.
- Plug-in latency compensation ensures full sync of all plug-ins inside each Vienna Ensemble Pro instance.
- Fully mappable touch parameter automation – Control all of your plug-ins on networked computers right from your master.
- Mixer Automation – Use AU/VST/RTAS/MAS automation from your sequencer to control Vienna Ensemble Pro’s mixer (volume, pan and sends).
- Post-effect plug-in rack for processing after pre-fader sends.
- Selective Project Merging – Assemble the channels of various existing projects into one new template.
- Optional one-click integration of Vienna MIR Pro (sold separately).
- EPIC ORCHESTRA included – a 9 GB orchestral bonus library.
- AU/VST/VST3/AAX Native/RTAS/MAS plug-in or stand-alone.
Vienna Ensemble PRO comes with Epic Orchestra, a free 9 GB grand orchestra bonus library with a selection of Vienna’s most popular instruments, making it the ideal all-in-one production tool. To use Epic Orchestra, please install the Vienna Instruments Sample Player Software. Import the Epic Orchestra Demo MIDI file into your sequencer, load the corresponding Vienna Ensemble PRO project (viframe), and you get a perfect, well-balanced mix that will also be a great starting point for your own arrangements!
Appassionata Strings Ensemble
- Violins, violas, cellos, basses
- Mapped as one ensemble spread out over the keyboard from basses to violins
- Articulations: Staccato, sustained, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato
- Piccolo, 3 flutes, 3 clarinets, 3 bassoons, contrabassoon
- Mapped as one ensemble spread out over the keyboard from contrabassoon to piccolo
- Articulations: Staccato, sustained
- Articulations: Staccato, sustained, legato performances
- Articulations: Staccato, sustained, legato performances, portamento performances
Epic Horns (8 horns ensemble)
- Articulations: Staccato, sustained
Fanfare Trumpets (6 trumpets ensemble)
- Articulations: Staccato, sustained
Drums & Percussion
- Timpani, snare drum, bass drum, tambourine, triangle, piatti, cymbal, tamtam
- Articulations: Single hits, rolls (no rolls for piatti)
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.