Created for all genres of music production, Apollo offers five innovative categories packed with features to enhance the creative process, as well as save time and increase productivity.
The goal of Apollo is to provide the modern composer with real guitar samples, real strums, and real sounds made straight from the best guitars, the best effects pedals, the best amps, and the best signal flow available.
Vir2 worked with some of the industry's best composers and producers to bring you a comprehensive collection of sounds, giving you exactly what you need for your next composition.
Apollo provides five unprecedented categories which will generate endless opportunities for creativity. These categories are: Swells, Custom Pads, Pads, Phrase Builder, and Instruments.
The Swells category is a vast collection of sounds giving you the option to trigger strums of both high and low iterations of major and minor chords for each sound. Individual notes were also sampled per sound in order to give the user the ability to create their own voicings.
The Custom Pads category delivers an experimental approach to sound design by engineering various tonal and non tonal sounds to create custom guitar-based atmospheres. Sounds include the utilization of various noises and sounds made solely with the guitar. Sounds included are guitar plucks, phrases, violin bow on strings, fingers sliding on strings, white noise, amp buzz, and much more. Each of these sounds can be combined, mixed, and panned to create the perfect atmosphere for compositions across all genres.
The Pads category puts sound design into the hands of the user. Apollo features the ability to load and mix two unique sounds, allowing for the creation of thousands of unique guitar based pads.
The Phrase Builder category places common phrase options at the user's fingertips. These types of simple phrases underscore much of what is used for film and television. Vir2 worked with top television guitarists to create an unparalleled approach for combining these phrases in such a way that a user can effectively build their own performance.
The Instrument category is an asset which allows users to create simple performances on the fly with various instruments. The instruments included are acoustic bass, acoustic guitar, acoustic guitar harmonics, electric guitar harmonics, banjo, bass, electric guitar, mandolin, nylon guitar, and sitar.
- Over 24 GB uncompressed
- Built for use within free Kontakt 5 Player
- Real samples, strums, and sounds made straight from the guitar
- Samples from the best guitars, amps, and signal chain available
- Immersive user experience
- 5 innovative categories created for effective creativity and composition
- Over 13 GB of uncompressed samples
- Chose between chords and notes
- Swell speed control
- LFO controls
- Chose to trigger up to two pads for creative sound design
- 70 unique pads
- Create up to 2415 pad options with blending
- Guitar based pads created by renowned sound designers for The Dark Knight, Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean, Modern Warfare, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, and more
- Easy editing
- ADSR and LFO controls
- 77 unique groups of sound for blending
- Blend sounds for ambience
- Endless creativity
- Custom mixer for easy mixing
- Reverse option for each sound
- 26 Phrase Builder Collections
- Short phrases
- Unique design makes for the ability to create unique performances
- 11 multi-sampled instruments
- Up to 3 velocity layers and 5 round robins
- Simple expression
- Acoustic bass, electric bass, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, electric guitar harmonics, nylon string guitar, mandolin, banjo, and sitar
"From the pads, to the riffs, to the instruments, everything sounds great and the ambient designer is super flexible! It’s one thing to have a collection of great ambiences and drones, it’s a totally different thing when you have the ability to take great source material to build you own quickly. Not only did they deliver a product that sounds good from the start, but they give you the tools to create and build your own unique sounds in a fast and efficient manner." - SoundsandGear
"Apollo is more than just a bunch of patches. It’s a brilliant recreation of a sound in movie history that is far from over. And it brings that sound to a bunch of guys, like me, that can’t, or won’t afford the level of time and hallucinogens that it would take to even come close to how amazing all of these patches really sound." - AskAudio.com Click here to read in full
"A very solid collection of guitars expertly tuned for use in cinematic scoring. Ethereal tones and stunning guitars that are excellent for atmospherics and soundscapes." - MusicTech
This product works with the free Kontakt Player – a free sample player based on Kontakt 5 that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
You can download the Kontakt Player via this link (will take you to Native Instruments website)
Instruments made for Kontakt Player will also run in the full (paid for) version of Kontakt.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.