- Audio Demo 1 of 17
- Audio Demo 2 of 17
- Audio Demo 3 of 17
- Audio Demo 4 of 17
- Audio Demo 5 of 17
- Audio Demo 6 of 17
- Audio Demo 7 of 17
- Audio Demo 8 of 17
- Audio Demo 9 of 17
- Audio Demo 10 of 17
- Audio Demo 11 of 17
- Audio Demo 12 of 17
- Audio Demo 13 of 17
- Audio Demo 14 of 17
- Audio Demo 15 of 17
- Audio Demo 16 of 17
- Audio Demo 17 of 17
Applied Acoustic Systems Chromaphone 3 is a captivating creative percussion synth plugin where you become the sonic scientist to create and experiment with traditional to otherworldly percussion sounds – either from scratch or using some of the included 1000+ presets.
This versatile instrument provides a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres that can’t be found anywhere else and there's tons of features, including an arpeggiator section, to tweak, enhance and add movement to your sound. What's more, because Chromaphone 3 uses physical instrument modeling instead of samples, this plug-in has a tiny footprint and makes all changes in real time.
Chromaphone 3 Key Features
- Two-part multitimbral, stacked or split
- Top-notch analog modules and clever synth architecture
- Four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls
- Factory library comprising more than a 1000 sounds by top sound designers
- Expansion packs
What's NEW in AAS Chromaphone 3:
- NEW Home view - With macros mapped to key sound characteristics—modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect—the Home view presents a distraction-free and laidback browsing and tweaking experience.
- NEW Two-Voice Multitimbral - Chromaphone 3 combines two independent timbres—stacked or split—to create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds that are sure to make a good impression.
- NEW Factory Library - Chromaphone 3 ships with a completely new factory library of 420 sounds created by top sound designers. Michel Basque, Christian Halten, Jerry Kovarsky, Christian Laffitte, Niall McCallum, Adam Pietruszko, Daniel Stawczyk, Sean Divine, and Venus Theory form an incredible team that made the most of the latest Chromaphone 3 features. It’s with great pride that we present these new signature sounds.
- REMASTERED Chromaphone 2 Library – A long and fastidious process of fine-tuning went down in the AAS quarters. Each and every sound of the legacy Chromaphone 2 library went under the eyes of the AAS team members. They now boast a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling real-time sound transformation assignments to take advantage of the new features of Chromaphone 3. That’s an extra 676 solid sounds in your hands.
- NEW Browser - With Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views, Chromaphone 3’s brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the sounds you’re looking for.
- NEW Macros - Chromaphone 3 now boasts four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real-time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- IMPROVED - Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files Chromaphone 3 now supports the Scala scale file format as well as reference note frequency tuning for microtonal music-making.
- NEAT Compatible with Chromaphone 2 sounds. Simply copy Chromaphone 2 banks in Chromaphone 3’s packs folder to convert them.
- EXPANDED - Multi-Effects Module. Chromaphone 3’s multi-effects module now sports reverb, equalizer, compressor, tremolo, and guitar amplifier processors for even more completeness. Furthermore, the five effect slots can be re-arranged in any order.
Library - Chromaphone 3 is packed with more than 1000 presets from the best sound designers. Instruments span from warm and mellow pitched percussions for melodies to punchy one-shots and kits for rhythm tracks. Twisted, they generate unique textures and soundscapes that will move any film score. Whether real, other-wordly, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Performance - Chromaphone 3 ships with premium performance features: unison, vibrato, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, Chromaphone provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
Edition - Modeling based synthesis gives you access to all source and resonator parameters. Customize instruments to perfectly fit your project or follow your inspiration and build entirely new ones for really creative and innovative sound design.
Effects - The Effects panel wraps up Chromaphone 3 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.
Arpeggiator - Ready, willing, and able, Chromaphone 3’s arpeggiator offers various syncing resolutions, playing algorithms, and rhythmic patterns that will spruce up any chord progressions into percolating melodies or pulsing sequences.
One-shot revolution - One-shots are no longer limited to the velocity dimension. Chromaphone uses the entire keyboard range to modulate volume, mallet noise and stiffness, noise filter frequency and density, hit position, and coupling to open a whole world of expressive sounds—and that in a totally stepless fashion.
Creative drum kits - Chromaphone ships with ready-made creative kit patches where each note provides a new sound slightly different from the previous one. Over the entire keyboard range the sound morphs from bass drum to snare to hi-hat. Discover a mixture of electronic and acoustic qualities intertwined to form highly playable, addictive, and always fresh drum sounds.
Resonate - Instruments are created by combining acoustic resonators. A wooden bar makes a xylophone, turned metallic it becomes a glockenspiel. Adding a tube transforms it into a vibraphone or marimba. Plates shape up in bells and cymbals. A drumhead combined with a cylinder becomes a bass drum, snare, conga or bongo. Mix and match strings, plates, drumheads, membranes, beams, bars, and tubes to reproduce real-life instruments or create original ones.
Perfect couples - Chromaphone is the first synthesizer that takes into account the effect of coupling between resonators. Bringing together acoustic objects, for exemple the string and soundboard at the bridge of a guitar, changes the way each of them vibrates. A proprietary technology models precisely how objects interact and exchange energy thereby capturing key acoustic behaviours of musical instruments and resulting in sounds that have a real-life presence.
The perfect stroke - Shape the attack with the Mallet module which provides the triggering impact. Use the Amplitude and Stiffness controls to craft different type of sticks, mallets, and beaters, and the Noise parameter to bring texture to the hit. All can be modulated by keyboard velocity and pitch to provide great playing dynamics.
Get noisy - Sustain is provided by a flexible noise source. An envelope generator and filters provide tailored excitation to complement impacts from the mallet. A density parameter controls the rate at which noise samples interact with the resonators from random individual particule-like hits to a fully continuous flow. Loud or quiet, bursting or evolving, dense or porous, broadband or filtered, this noise source is the key to unusual and creative effects.
DISTINCTIVE SONIC SIGNATURES
With 1000+ sounds on hand, Chromaphone 3 proficiently nails the classic synthesizer categories with a unique and refreshing character that can’t be found anywhere else.
421 State-of-the-art signature sounds
Chromaphone 3 ships with a completely new factory library of 421 signature sounds. The collection propels our favorite instrument into the future of modern productions with a delightful naturalness.
9 Top sound designers
The entire Chromaphone 3 factory library features exclusive signature sounds from nine a-list members of the craft: Michel Basque, Sean Divine, Christian Halten, Jerry Kovarsky, Christian Laffitte, Niall McCallum, Adam Pietruszko, Daniel Stawczyk, and Venus Theory.
670 Remastered Chromaphone 2 library
The Chromaphone 2 library gets back totally revitalized. Remastered, each an every sounds bring forward a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling real-time sound transformation assignments that take advantage of Chromaphone 3’s latest features. That’s an extra 670 solid sounds in your hands.
34 Synthesizer sound categories
Chromaphone 3 shows high proficiency by covering 34 sound categories—arpeggios, basses, bells, brass, chimes, choirs, claps, clavs, cymbals, effects, formants, guitars, hi-hats, impacts, keys, kicks, layers, leads, noises, organs, pads, percussions, plucks, reeds, rhythmics, sequences, snares, splits, strings, sweeps, textures, and toms.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.