Lounge Lizard is a versatile instrument that will meet all your electric piano needs. Choose from more than 100 custom electric piano presets or take time to explore with real-time controls over hammer hardness, tine colour and decay, damper noise, and pickup placement for an unsurpassed level of customization. You'll also find organs, bells, chimes and leads all featured in the preset library's Experimental folder.
Gigging musicians will appreciate Lounge Lizard's small memory footprint, instant preset recalls, and stability. Furthermore, the huge library of classic electric piano sounds as well as the complete selection of effects makes it easy to build a set list and get the perfect tone for each song.
Feel Lounge Lizard come alive beneath your fingers!
We took the most versatile electric piano plug-in to another level—it's our best sounding release to date.
- NEW Library - The completely renewed factory library features the classic electric piano sounds as well as over 240 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.
- NEW Compressor and equalizer - These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- NEW Character control - The new Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations—that's the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano's output—to easily snug fit your electric piano part into your track.
- NEW Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the main piano and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you get under the hood and voice the piano to taste; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for final shaping duties.
- NEW Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano's physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- NEW Bank and program manager - Lounge Lizard EP-4's new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- UPDATED Overhauled effects - Reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano, Lounge Lizard EP-4's multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files - Lounge Lizard EP-4 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- NEW Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plug-ins - Lounge Lizard EP-4 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
Library - The completely renewed factory library features classic electric piano sounds as well as over 240 gig-and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equaliser, and multi-effect processor.
Performance - Direct access to key effect and piano parameters to perfectly match the tone to your performance. Play your piano through different cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder signal paths typically used with electric pianos.
Edition - Hammer, tone, tine, pickup—Lounge Lizard is built around the modelling of real piano components. Custom pianos can be created with just a few tweaks, a job that took hours of painstaking work on real-life instruments. The factory library is filled with carefully designed pianos but you will have fun servicing your own.
Effects - The Effects panel wraps up Lounge Lizard EP-4 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools at your hands to match a classic track sound, create custom tones, or simply go wild.
Custom tone - Famous players all had their own signature sound. This was achieved by tedious manual adjustments of forks, hammers and pickups. Whether you are looking to emulate a particular sound or simply find your own, you have direct access to all piano components.
Hammer - Control the attack with the hammer. Adjust the force of the impact, the stiffness of the hammer and the noise it makes. Modulate these across the whole keyboard range or depending on the MIDI velocity.
Fork - A sweet sound is produced when the hammer hits the fork. Control the tone and its envelope by selecting material and natural decay of the tone and tine bars forming the fork.
Pickup - Like in an electric guitar, a pickup near the fork captures its vibration. Adjust the pickup position and control distortion. Get a warm smooth tone or make your piano growl or bark.
Damper - Control how dampers are raised from or applied on the fork and make the attack and release of a note clean or noisy.
Tremolo - Adjust the tremolo to perfection. Use a triangle shape for a smooth effect or a soft square wave to obtain a chopped effect typical of suitcase pianos.
Alive beneath your fingers - There is something quite immersive when a connection develops between the player and the instrument. Whether it´s the perfectly smooth velocity progression or the interactive reaction to your performance, Lounge Lizard makes that connection happen.
Beyond electric piano - Whether it is through the use of strange effect combinations or setting the piano parameters to extreme values, Lounge Lizard can really become a wild beast. It retains the playability of a keyboard instrument but sounds beyond anything you have heard from an electric piano before.
Classic tracks - The electric piano has marked the history or rock and jazz. The factory library showcases many presets designed around effects typically with pianos and reproducing the distinctive sound of classic tracks.
- Tine-based - 69 presets
- Reed-based - 13 presets
- Custom Electric Pianos - 70 presets
- Classic Tracks - 11 presets
- Experimental - 47 presets
- Pianorgans - 16 presets
- Electronica and Warped - 16 presets
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.