OB-E – is our take on the legendary 8-Voice. More than just an emulation, OB-E offers a unique musical experience. Sounding HUGE, it takes the iconic Synthesiser Expander Module based 8-Voice (a.k.a the EVS) into new sonic territory via a raft of enhancements and additions.
The concept of the 8-Voice is actually very simple; based around a single Module containing two VCOs with Pulse and Sawtooth waveforms, two ADS Envelope Generators, one LFO, and a magical Multi-Mode Filter. In isolation each Module is monophonic, but in the 8-Voice, because there are eight Modules triggered by a polyphonic keyboard, you have a superb eight note polyphonic synthesiser.
While simple at heart, OB-E is, to our knowledge, the first virtual instrument with complete per-voice control. This unique Octaphonic architecture offers fresh and exciting creative possibilities to music producers, composers and sound designers for the first time in the digital realm.
- Unique 8-Voice Octaphonic architecture with zero delay feedback filters
- An authentic sounding emulation of the 8-Voice
- 600 factory Patches designed to fit in a mix, all tagged and categorised
- Librarian for easy access to the presets (Arrow Keys Navigation)
- Resizable UI
- Continuous, round-robin mode where each note use a new voice
- ZOOM enlarges an individual Module filling the UI with front and rear panels side by side
- Group mode to edit all Modules at once
- Individual Synthesiser Expander Module Copy, Paste and Save
- 150+ Individual Synthesiser Expander ModulePresets,
- 50+ Individual Sequencer Presets
- 2 x VCOs, 2 x ADS, Multimode-filter, Polyphonic Aftertouch enabled
- LFO, 3rd VCO doubling as a second LFO
- Multiple triggering modes; Polyphonic, Monophonic, Mono Legato, & Unison
- Stereo Delay & MIDI Sequencer with Sequencer Lock when changing a Patch
- 48 Sequence key scaling options
- Volume & Pan per Module. HRTF for Pan
- Global Tuning, Vibrato and Portamento. MIDI CC Control
- Upper/Low modules can be Split across the keyboard
- Extensive Velocity & Aftertouch modulation
- Polyphonic aftertouch and MPE ready
AN AUGMENTED YET AUTHENTIC INSTRUMENT
We’ve painstakingly emulated every section of the synth to ensure sonic authenticity while adding the convenience of software control over those eight SEMs. Mono, Mono Legato, Poly, Unison and Split keyboard modes are all available. Add to this the new VCO3, doubling as an audio rate LFO for each SEM, and a stack of additional performance controls via velocity, polyphonic after-touch and MPE control then you’ll begin to understand the depth of musical possibilities OB-E provides.
ZOOM AND GROUP PROVIDE FASTER EDITING
Programming a polyphonic sound on an original 8-Voice was a daunting mission, OB-E makes it a cinch. Unison Chords a forté. To overcome the arduous task of editing 8 individual SEMs, OB-E provides a number of clearly thought out editing controls such as ZOOM which enlarges the selected SEM placing front and rear panels side by side, GROUP (shown above) which enables a SEM parameter change to be applied to all SEMs at once, and OFFSET which functions as GROUP but retains the relative values of each parameter. There’s also a fully resizable user interface. OB-E saves all settings within a Patch but also allows the settings of an individual SEM to be saved as a SEM Preset.
CREATIVE SEQUENCER & STEREO DELAY
And that’s not all! With the original MS-1 sequencer as a starting reference point, we’ve added an extremely comprehensive and creative 8-step Sequencer providing a flexibility and fun-factor unavailable via the original hardware. In keyboard Split mode with the Sequencer routed to SEM 8, OB-E provides the ability to create a complete three part soundscape within a single Patch. An all-new routable Stereo Delay provides sonically complimentary effects.
Finally, we’ve complemented our instrument with 600+ factory Patches designed by Dave Spiers and a roster of brilliant sound designers. Even better, each Patch has been tagged, categorised and is quickly accessible from OB-E’s librarian (arrow navigation friendly).
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.