Synthogy's Ivory II: American Concert D is a 1951 New York Steinway D lauded by some of the world's greatest concert artists. With a library that weighs in at 49Gb, this free-standing virtual instrument is Synthogy's largest single piano in the Ivory II family boasting even more detail with up to 20 velocity levels, more soft pedal samples and more release samples. What's more, the American Concert D possesses a naturally long sustain, which is captured in its entirety to the final decay with some of the notes ringing longer than two minutes.
If you're looking for a rich, classic concert sound or simply want to expand your palette of Ivory II pianos, the American Steinway Concert Grand is the clear choice.
The piano was recorded in the Françoys-Bernier Concert Hall at Le Domaine Forget in the Charlevoix region of Quebec where Synthogy has captured every nuance in precise detail to deliver a sumptuous sound and a sublime playing experience.
With its exceptionally pure and clear tone, a mature beauty and resonance and a remarkably expressive dynamic range, this instrument has been described by many artists as among the finest they’ve ever played. In fact, the plate of this particular piano is signed by both Glenn Gould and Rudolf Serkin, a testament to high praise for the instrument by two of the world’s great masters.
- 1951 New York Steinway D selected by Steinway & Sons for artist promotion and concert hall specification
- The largest, most extensively sampled of all Ivory II pianos
- The first of Synthogy’s pianos to feature up to 20 velocity levels, with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Advanced Ivory II software/DSP engine, including Synthogy’s exclusive Harmonic Resonance Modeling for realistic Sympathetic String Vibration.
- Custom Upright Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Pedal Noise Enhancements
- Una Corda (soft pedal) samples at multiple velocities
- Native 64-bit support
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
- Timbre-shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User Controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position and more
- Tuning Tables
- Dozens of programs and effects presets
- Ivory II’s "unified interface" feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory's pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, two, or all four products, Ivory´s intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface.
Powered by the award-winning Ivory II engine, American Concert D contains the full breadth of Ivory II’s award winning features including the acclaimed Harmonic Resonance Modelling for the realisation of true Sympathetic String Resonance. Custom designed by Synthogy DSP guru George Tayor this technology does not rely upon triggering additional samples or use ordinary sine waves. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings resonate in a real acoustic piano. Together with the new American Concert D samples, the results are simply stunning, the culmination of Synthogy’s most powerful technology, with their most advanced sampling techniques.
Ivory II: American Concert D is a free-standing Virtual Instrument, which can run as a plug-in or standalone so no previous version of Ivory is required. Or, for existing Ivory II users, Ivory II: American Concert D will install directly into the existing Ivory II library, giving access to all of Ivory II's pianos and features from one great interface.
"Although there's plenty of choice in the market, Ivory II American Concert D is a compelling proposition, especially given the versatility of the instrument as well as the refined and powerful playback engine that powers it." - Music Tech (Rating 9/10)
"The aim of this review was not 'technical' - it was asking the question 'can you trust a soft synth?' Well I did - and it didn't let me down. On latency, on sound quaity, and on emotion - it hit the mark." - weareworship.com
"This is an excellent addition to the Synthogy stables, and my favourite virtual piano currently on the market without exception. I’ll be using it constantly, and I suspect that if you hear it, you will too." - read the review at DV247.com