The fiddle is one of the most important instruments in Celtic music. The fiddle itself is identical to the violin; however it is played differently in widely varying regional styles. Compared to classical violin, Celtic fiddlers tend to make very little use of vibrato. Melodies are embellished through forms of ornamentation, such as cuts, rolls and a variety of grace notes. Slow airs are occasionally performed, but the style is best known for fast, snappy reels and jigs.
For their Celtic Fiddle, Red Room Audio journeyed to Dublin, Ireland where they had the honour of working with award-winning fiddler Niall Murphy. Niall has carved a reputation for himself in traditional Irish folk circles as a live performer and session player. A veteran of the trad scene, he has shared the stage with The Chieftains, Sinead O’Connor, Van Morrison, The Dubliners, Alison Krauss and many more. Red Room Audio also had the pleasure of recording at Herbert Place Studios with producer/engineer James Darkin, who was apparently an accommodating and gracious host to Red Room Audio and did a fantastic job of running the show.
Welcome to Red Room Audio’s Traveler Series, an ongoing collection of boutique sample libraries featuring traditional world instruments faithfully recorded on location from destinations around the globe.
Traveler Series libraries focus on delivering a genuine purity that can only be captured where the instrument and musical style originated, preserving its true character and history.
Red Room Audio sought out a region’s most skilled and renowned performers; amazing folks with stories and bloodlines who live and breathe traditional provincial music. Red Room Audio leave with education and appreciation for their culture and the role these beautiful instruments serve (as well as a tale or two of our own). Red Room Audio hope their Traveler Series adds an authentic native spirit to your music.
- Deep-sampled Celtic fiddle recorded in Dublin, Ireland by award-winning fiddler Niall Murphy
- Playable multi-sampled instrument with 7 standard articulations and 13 traditional Celtic ornaments
- Over 360 Phrases & FX including rhythmic loops and free-form improvisations
- 2 types of sampled legato
- 4 performance modes including customisable Double Stops
- Scale Lock feature automatically selects ornament intervals in the key of your song
- TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology)
- 8-slot FX rack
- Modern, easy to use, feature-packed GUI
- 1.7 GB of content / 5,725 samples (24 bit/44.1 kHz NCW)
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product: