Bloq is the debut virtual instrument from Sample Magic. Featuring over 2.6GB of sample data and presented in carefully collated and customised presets, Bloq has been made using some of the most iconic and revered synthesisers and drum machines of all time.
Over a year in the making, Bloq is the result of months of arduous and carefully crafted sound design and sampling from Sample Magic co-founder Sharooz's extensive personal archive of vintage instruments.
Drawing from an enviable line-up of 17 synthesisers and 13 drum machines including the Roland TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, Jupiter 8, Jupiter 6, SH-101, Arp Odyssey, Sequential Circuits Pro-One, Prophet 5, Clavia Nord Lead 4 and Akai MPC 60 to name but a few, every key of every patch was painstakingly sampled through a variety of high quality preamps at 24-bit resolution via the Prism Orpheus soundcard.
The samples were further processed with the SSL G-series and DBX 160 compressors, Empirical Labs Distressor, Focusrite ISA 430 and Neve 1073 channel strip for unrivalled sound quality.
Sample Magic's trademark design acumen means Bloq contains two beautifully crafted GUIs complete with retro-styled knobs, switches, LEDs, wooden side panels and a unique fader-style step sequencer.
- Over 7300 unique samples at 24-bit resolution, with every key, velocity, pitch, decay and tone setting of every patch faithfully represented.
- Includes customised Rack for Ableton Live 9 and Logic EXS-24 / Ultrabeat version with extensive treatments of every patch as presented in the Kontakt version. With numerous smart macro assignments including filter cutoff, reverb time, delay time, release time and various other commonly used creative control assignments, Bloq pushes compatibility and performance to the limit.
- Drawing on Kontakt's extensive scripting engine, features an expressive 32 step sequencer, 3-band EQ, chord memory functionality, 8 track drum pattern composer with shuffle and randomise controls, powerful FX engine including reverb, delay, chorus, phaser, 3 tempo-syncable LFOs, tremolo, auto-pan, pitch mod, unison voice stacking, multiple hi-pass and low-pass filter types, tape drive, vintage modelled compression and the ability to instantly decimate and bitcrush sounds to 12-bit quality.
- Split into two modules, Bloq Drum and Bloq Synth, Bloq Drum allows each pad to be individually treated with transient shaping, ADSR, HPF and LPF filters, FX sends, tuning and the ability to assign each hit to up to 16 separate outputs.
- 97+ synth patches, 35 drum kits and 140 inbuilt unique drum patterns by award-winning sound designer, producer and Sample Magic co-founder Sharooz showcasing the best sounds from each kit.
- Lossless audio compression makes switching between patches a breeze, regardless of processing power or RAM.
- Vintage sampler mode allows for instant emulation of the iconic EMU SP1200 12-bit sampling drum machine.
- Customised script programmed by Matt Fudge, creator of the award-winning Transistor Revolution series.
Bloq video walkthrough - Synths
Bloq video walkthrough - Drums
FEATURED SAMPLED INSTRUMENTS
- Roland Jupiter 6
- Roland Jupiter 8
- Dave Smith Prophet ´08
- Clavia Nord Lead 3
- Clavia Nord Lead 4
- Teenage Engineering OP-1
- Roland MC-202
- Roland SH-101
- Elektron Analog Four
- Roland TB-303
- Yamaha DX7
- Korg DW8000
- Korg Poly 800
- Korg Poly 61
- Arp Odyssey
- Sequential Circuits Pro One
- Roland Juno 106
- Roland TR 808
- Roland TR 909
- Roland TR 707
- Roland TR 606
- Roland TR 626
- Roland CR 68
- Sound Master SR 55
- Nord Drum
- Sequential Circuits Drumtraks
- MXR 185
- Emu Drumulator
- Akai MPC 60
- Korg Super Drums
- 2 x Kontakt instruments
- 2 x Ableton 9 drum and synth racks
- 1 x EXS-24 instrument
- 1 x Ultrabeat instrument
PLEASE NOTE: Bloq requires a working version of Kontakt 5 with either Ableton Live 9 or Logic Pro 10.1.1 as the software is not included in the package. Bloq for Ableton requires Live 9 and Bloq for EXS24 requires Logic Pro X.
"Immediately rich and powerful sounds"
- Rating 4.2/5, Resident Advisor
"Very carefully recorded and crafted, this is as close as you get to a library of vintage synthesizers and classic drum machines in the form of an inexpensive instrument sampler"
"It’s clear after spending some time with Bloq that the star of the show are the samples themselves. Having high quality drum hits and synths to play with in a well thought out GUI makes for a lot of fun and I can see this finding its place in the market as a very well priced, light weight substitute for the real thing."
- Harder Blogger Faster
"All in all, BLOQ is a really exciting instrument. It brings together a hole bunch of classic sounds and provides a couple of complex but easy-to-use interfaces with which to play and edit them. The sound quality is first rate and the processors and sound-editing tools are just right."
- Sound on Sound
"Bloq sounds great, works well and hits just the right price point."
- 9/10 - Computer Music
"unless you already own a big collection of vintage synths, I can’t think of a reason not to have this!"
Download Size (RAR files):
- Ableton Live 9: 925 MB
- Kontakt 5 Part 1: 953 MB
- Kontakt 5 Part 2: 296 MB
- Logic Pro X Part 1: 953 MB
- Logic Pro X Part 2: 113 MB
- Installer Instructions: 82 KB