Like the other members of the CLOUD family (see CLOUD VIOLA 2 and CLOUD CELLO) Sound Dust CLOUD BASS is made by ditching the conventional bow in favour of a ridiculous system of springs and pulleys that drag coarse industrial grade garden twine over the strings of the double bass to create a long, slowly distressed new bowing articulation.
Recorded with different microphone techniques and mixed with more conventional double bass articulations and a selection of multi sampled analogue sub bass waveforms CLOUD BASS is a very different beast to the usual orchestral or jazz double bass sample libraries.
Expect amazing unheard sounds - low raspy rumbling, cinematic thuds and booms, delicate whispy swarms and CLOUD BASS can easily do a half decent LOVE CATS.
ARTICULATIONS - Eight deeply sampled articulations through eight 'oscillators'
- Twine 1: bowed with five meters of coarse brown garden string, five round robins per note per note - AKG C414 large diaphragm condensor mic mic
- Twine 2: bowed with five meters of coarse brown garden string, five round robins per note per note - Barcus Berry Planar contact mic
- Twine 3: bowed with five meters of coarse brown garden string, five velocity levels per note -AKG 411 contact mic
- Long Accent Bow: bowed with a real bow, five round robins per note, minimum three velocity layers per note - AKG C414 large diaphragm condenser mic
- Short Accent Bow (high): bowed with a real bow, five round robins per note - AKG C414 large diaphragm condenser mic
- Beater - thumped lightly with drum beater, five round robins per note, five velocity layers per note - AKG C414 large diaphragm condenser mic
- Col legno: Latin for 'gently thwacked with the back of the bow', five round robins per note, minimum three velocity layers per note - AKG C414 large diaphragm condenser mic
- Sub Bass: six selectable analogue multi sampled waveforms recorded from Moog Voyager and DSi Pro 02
EFFECTS PER 'OSCILLATOR'
- Low pass filter, high pass filter, tremolo, eq, tape, saturation, pitch selection, pan, reverb send and delay send.
- Tempo synced tape delay per group
- 74 specially created convolution reverb impulses recorded from real spaces, expensive hardware and some less obvious sources including spring reverbs, tape delay, reversed impulses, software models, radio, vinyl and the stage of Glyndebourne Opera House.
- High and Low pass filters with resonance
- Three band equaliser
- Rotary speaker emulator
- BPM synced tape delay
- Morphing EQ
- 11 Speaker cabinet emulators
- Filth control
- Master unison control for up to eight voices per note.
- Velocity to volume amount control
- Aftertouch to pitchbend amount control
- Aftertouch to filter light/dark control
- Advanced architecture with automatable midi control of everything on the interface
- Data readout window shows useful settings of each tweakable control
- Built in instruction manual in RTFM tab.
- One Kontakt .nki instrument
- 60 snapshots
- 2GB of 24bit samples (uncompressed)
- 1.2GB download
- Three octave keyrange - C1 to C4
- Requires FULL Kontakt 5.6.8 or above
Download Size (RAR files):
- Part 1: 1 GB
- Part 2: 255 MB