KEYSCAPE™ is an extraordinary new virtual instrument featuring the largest selection of collector keyboards in the world. Ten years in the making, each of these rare, sought-after keyboards were carefully restored and then deeply multisampled by the renowned Spectrasonics Sound Development Team. These compelling and highly expressive sounds will inspire you to PLAY!
- Largest selection of collector keyboards in the world
- Rare and incredibly special instruments
- Mastered by top technicians
- Huge 77 GB library with over 500 sounds, 36 Instrument Models and Hybrid “Duo” Patches
- Intuitive interface
- Deeply Multisampled sounds with up to 32-way velocity switching, Round Robins, etc
- Mechanical Noise, Pedal Noise and Release Noise behaviour modelling
- Authentic tone and inspiring playability
- Patches feature authentic circuit modelled amps and effects
- Optional “Lite” installation (30 GB) for stage use
- Keyscape content installation via a USB drive
- Omnisphere® 2 integration
How do I get Keyscape?
Keyscape is available to purchase now from Time+Space as a boxed product (contents on a USB drive). Click here for a more detailed Keyscape FAQ
For extra resources, take a look at the Keyscape Reference Guide from Spectrasonics.
Plus, want to see world class artists performing using Keyscapes and other award-winning virtual instruments from Spectrasonics? Check out the Spectrasonics' Artist Video Series!
The Custom Controls presented for each Patch allow you to go far beyond the original sound. The intuitive interface includes useful performance controls and high quality creative effects processing specially crafted for each Patch. Hundreds of included Patches showcase the remarkable versatility and ability to dramatically customize these iconic sounds to your music.
With many of these collector instruments, it’s really the imperfections that make them so interesting. Instead of cleaning up all the quirks and noises they make, Spectrasonics made sure to closely capture them since they are big part of their vibe. In addition to that, the software team closely modeled the authentic behaviour and mojo of vintage amplifiers, classic effects units and unique subtleties like mechanical noises, pedal noises and release overtones to bring these sounds to a whole new level of authenticity and dynamic expression.
Hybrid "Duo" Sounds
Along with the hundreds of patches based on the 36 instrument models, Keyscape includes special hybrid "Duo" sounds, which combine two of the instruments to create something entirely new. The unique timbre of these Duo patches make them some of the most creative and inspiring sounds in Keyscape!
As a bonus for Omnisphere 2 users, Keyscape also integrates fully as a satellite instrument within the Omnisphere® interface. Keyscape will simply appear as a library inside Omnisphere’s browser for users of both plug-ins. This allows Omnisphere 2 users to harness the full synthesis power of the STEAM Engine® to explore endless new sonic possibilities and combinations!
- Yuletide by Zac Rae (Duo - Christmas)
- Allegro by Cory Henry (Electric Harpsichord)
- Victorian by Zac Rae (Student Butterfly Mono)
- ADM By Tony Beliveau (Duo - Trumphant Victory)
- So Real by Cory Henry (Clav C)
- It's Over by Cory Henry (MKS20)
- Happy Strut by Greg Phillinganes (140B Amp)
- Close To You feat. Cory Henry (LA Rhodes Studio)
- Sherlock by Zac Rae (Tack Tremolo)
- Sweet Ballad by Zac Rae
- Sound Logo by Ignacio Longo
There's no better way to find out more about the sound and instrument content in a virtual instrument than to actually hear them for yourself.
So, with this in mind, Time+Space has had an extensive play with Keyscape in the studio and produced this video to peer into the vast world of this powerful VI as we run through some of the sounds that this very special instrument delivers...
Sit back and enjoy!
"Spectrasonics Keyscape is a comprehensive collection of gorgeous musical and authentic keyboard instruments. The Omnisphere 2 can be elegantly dealt with by anyone who has a sense of the eclipses of these sounds. Bravo!"
- Keys Musik und Computer
"Keyscape is a real labour of love, offering a definitive set of sampled keyboard instruments that's both responsive to your playing and inspiring to use."
- Rated: 10/10, Music Tech Magazine Click here to read the review in full
"The quality, diversity, playability and creative potential of the included instruments is staggering. I think Keyscape is magnificent, authentic, definitive and inspirational library which is unlikely to be surpassed in my lifetime."
- Sound on Sound
"Keyscape puts an incredible array of beautifully emulated keyboard instruments at your fingertips with high quality effects to match"
- Computer Music
"I'm essentially a pianist so I've got more or less every piano library known to man (and a V Piano.... AND a real Grand)... but there's something VERY special about Keyscapes... the clarity, pureness and detail in the samples is extraordinary.... there are definitely some very special sounds in there.
- UK composer, Ty Unwin
"Spectrasonics have done it again. Unbelievable quality, variety, and superb sounds that will suit a complex mix as well as a more exposed solo instrument track. How can you not love this plug in.”
- Steven A Williams: Producer - Chapel Studios London
See below for a review/walkthrough of Keyscape from Zircon in a livestream originally broadcast Tuesday September 13, 2016.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.