ProjectSAM S4Pandora Core is an entry level version of the critically acclaimed S4 Pandora virtual instrument featuring the same unique time-saving technology but with an essential (though still extensive) selection of instruments in one cinematic mic set.
Give your action, sci-fi, and horror scores a blockbuster boost with the fourth volume in ProjectSAM’s acclaimed Symphobia Series for the free Kontakt Player. Pandora lets you summon rousing cinematic risers, foreboding falls, and earth-shattering crescendos with unmatched ease and flexibility.
Pandora’s innovative Adaptive Sync quickly and effortlessly matches its huge library of articulations and effects with your sequence – so your next deadline needn’t be a nightmare. Plus, fully-customizable sound design tools help you quickly sculpt your desired timbres.
S4Pandora Core Key Features
- All of Pandora’s unique, time-saving technology
- Essential instruments in 1 mic set
- Effortlessly sync risers, rolls & crescendos to your sequence with Adaptive Sync
- Generate thrilling scores with powerful, fully customizable sound design tools
- Over 17 GB of orchestral ensemble recordings covering strings, brass, woodwinds & percussion
Are you signed up to our Loyalty Program? Buy Pandora Core and you'll earn over £10 worth of points to spend on your next T+S purchase!
Introducing Adaptive Sync
Pre-recorded crescendos and rolls sound great. But they used to have a disadvantage: they were not very flexible. Any composer will recognize the trial-and-error process of nudging a crescendo note around until it ends in the right spot. It’s a tedious task that most of us would rather skip if we could. This is why ProjectSAM developed Adaptive Sync!
Symphobia 4: Pandora is packed with transitional samples – sounds that progress dynamically or directionally over time – ranging from powerful brass crescendos to dissonant string risers. These samples all have one thing in common: a distinct, musical ending or climax.
With Adaptive-Sync, you can simply set the number of beats or seconds you need the crescendo, roll or riser to be. Tapping from a vast pool, Adaptive-Sync automatically picks the best matching recording from its database and intelligently adjusts it to match your hit point EXACTLY. Similarly, you can very quickly time a crescendo or roll with the next downbeat*. If you move a note backwards or forward, the engine will automatically switch to a better matching recording if needed. If you change your track's tempo, Adaptive-Sync will adjust accordingly.
Buy ProjectSAM Symphobia 4 Pandora Core from Time+Space for instant download and ongoing technical support from our team of specialists.
BOLD ARTICULATIONS & HAUNTING EFFECTS
Symphobia 4: Pandora Core offers a vast selection of big & bold, playable ensemble articulations, ranging from cellos and basses to a massive 30-player low-range Tutti Orchestra. For all crescendos and swells in there, Adaptive Sync is ready to assist.
The articulations have all been selected and recorded to add unprecedented oomph to your existing orchestral template. Symphobia 4: Pandora Core is the ultimate cinematic finishing touch.
A selection of the instruments offers exciting, optional sound layers that can be mixed in with the main articulation on- the-fly. For example, the Tutti Orchestra crescendo instrument displays controls for quickly adding gran cassa, timpani and cymbal rolls. Similarly, you can quickly add a sub sweetener to the bass drum and tutti percussion instruments.
The Symphobia Series has always been THE go-to place for orchestral effects. For Pandora Core, many a bone was chilled during the effects sessions. The library packs more orchestrated effects than ever, ranging from eerie violin textures to loud brass stabs. And with Adaptive Sync and Sound Design Mode, the recorded effects are now more flexible and customisable than ever. For thriller, horror and sci-fi scoring, Symphobia 4: Pandora Core is an absolute must-have.
Pandora's dedicated Effects Module in combination with its Sound Design Mode gives you the power to turn any orchestral sound completely upside down, creating dark soundscapes and ominous textures utilising the synchronised stutter, pitch envelope and other tailored effects.
SOUND DESIGN MODE
Clicking the triangle icon activates Sound Design Mode. This allows you to directly manipulate a selection of the mapped samples and highly customize your preset using the waveform control. You can jump-start sample positions, reverse playback, reverse sync to downbeat, time-stretch and more. These features are available even for instruments that use disk streaming by default. We keep building on the foundation of Sound Design Mode in future library updates**.
Clicking the triangle icon again instantly takes you back to the safety of Orchestral Mode.
Symphobia 4: Pandora Core features both Cluster Pulses and Tonal Pulses.
Cluster Pulses are idiomatic note combinations that add INSTANT CINEMATIC DRIVE to your track. Each key holds a different recorded cluster of notes for the strings, brass and woodwind sections.
Tonal Pulses are available for low and mid strings, performed in octaves and in unison, respectively. The Tonal Pulses offer additional, synchronised synth layers that can be mixed in with the orchestral pulse on-the-fly.
All pulses have been recorded in 4ths, 8ths and 16ths repetitions. The Pandora Core interface allows you to switch mid- pattern, with synchronisation completely intact.
No cinematic library is complete without a solid collection of tension-building string risers. For Pandora Core, multiple recording sessions were dedicated solely to this, covering risers lengths 2 to 15 seconds in different playing techniques and dynamic arcs, including arco, accelerating staccatos, harmonics and sul ponticello tremolo. Here too, matching up the risers with your sequence is a breeze using Adaptive Sync.
You can use the orchestral risers in their original form, or give them the TRAILER TREATMENT by adding an idiomatic, accelerating stutter effect and some saturation using Pandora’s Effects Module. A number of Snapshots are included as inspiring examples. Pandora also includes a set of suspenseful string DOWNERS.
Combining the library's individual articulations, effects, pulses and percussion, Pandora’s Combos hold some of the biggest orchestral ensembles you’ve heard yet. All elements inside a Combo are able to directly communicate with one another, allowing for musical wizardry such as the on-the-fly aligning of a col legno hit to a brass crescendo climax. Or a big tutti diminuendo at the end of a riser.
Combos featuring multiple Adaptive Sync instruments offer the option to link their sync settings. This allows you to set the length and timing of the entire ensemble with a single set of controls.
Comparing S4 Pandora and S4Pandora Core
|Sound Design Mode||✔||✔|
|Individual Mic Channels||4||–|
|Library Size*||70 GB||8.8 GB|
- Big Builder
- Cluster Cresc
- Ghostly Cresc
- Keep it Short
- Monster in the Closer
- Power Burst
- Time Running Out
- To the Brim
- Triple Crescendo
- Brass - Horns - Bending Note Cresc [Sync]
- Brass - Horns & Bones - Suspense Bends Open [Sync]
- Strings – Ghostly Crescendo [Sync]
- Strings – Ponticello Crescendo [Sync]
- Strings – Scary Repetitions [Sync]
- Winds – High – Wild Textures
- Brass – Horns – Cresc [Sync]
- Tutti – Orchestra – Cresc [Sync]
- Tutti – Orchestra – Dim
- Tutti – Orchestra – Short
- Winds – Low – Cresc [Sync]
- Winds – Low – Dim
- Brass – Horns – Dynamic – Cresc [Sync]
- Brass – Horns – Dynamic – Dim
- Brass – Horns – Rips
- Brass – Horns – Short
- Brass – Low Ensemble – Burst
- Brass – Low Ensemble – Dynamic – Cresc [Sync]
- Brass – Low Ensemble – Dynamic – Dim
- Brass – Low Ensemble – Short
- Harp Ensemble – Glissando
- Strings – Low – Dynamic – Cresc [Sync]
- Strings – Low – Dynamic – Dim
- Strings – Low – Short
- Tutti – Orchestra – Burst
- Tutti – Orchestra – Dynamic – Cresc [Sync]
- Tutti – Orchestra – Dynamic – Dim
- Tutti – Orchestra – Short
- Winds – High – Short
- Winds – Low – Dynamic – Cresc [Sync]
- Winds – Low – Dynamic – Dim
- Winds – Low – Short
- Brass – Horns & Bones – Rep
- Brass – Trumpets – Muted – Rep
- Brass – Trumpets – Open – Rep
- Strings – Mid
- Tonal Pulses – Strings – Low & Mid
- String Risers - Arco [Sync]
- String Risers - Sul Pont Trem [Sync]
- String Risers - Trem [Sync]
- Cinematic Drums - Hits & Rolls [Sync]
- Cymbal Ensemble - Hits & Rolls [Sync]
- Gran Cassa - Hard - Hits & Rolls [Sync]
- Tamtam - Hits & Rolls [Sync]
- Timpani - Hits & Rolls [Sync]
- Toms Ensemble - Hits & Rolls [Sync]
- Tutti Percussion - All Drums - Hits [Sync]
- Tutti Percussion - All Drums - Rolls [Sync]
- Recording location: Concert hall
- Mic positions: 1 stereo pre-mixed mic
- Audio pool size: 17.6 GB (uncompressed)
- Download size: 8.8 GB
- Audio format: 48 kHz 24 bit
- NKS support: Yes
- Current library version: 1.0.7
- Protection: Serial number activation
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.