The Epica bundle combines two award winning virtual instruments for the Kontakt Player from Sam Spacey.
Epica comes with over 600 patches of pads, leads, basses, sequences and fx and of course it has the sound-shaping capabilities for you to create much more. Epica's samples have all been recorded through an equipment chain of 100% boutique hardware with no plug-ins used in the creation of the source sounds. Creatively offering a fresh palette of sounds that are rich in timbre and have their own character, you're really able to set your music apart from the masses.
Meanwhile Epica Bass, is a dedicated analogue bass synth library obsessively sampled from a large collection of all-star classic analogue synths and
Click the tabs above to view each instrument in more detail
Epica is one of the latest virtual synths from Zero-G, produced by Sam Spacey who also produced the highly-acclaimed Phaedra synth.
Epica comes with a stunning interface powered by the latest Native Instruments Kontakt software that gives the user amazing sound-shaping capability. You only need the Kontakt 5 Player to use Epica, but it is of course also fully usable with the full version of Kontakt 5.
Over 17,000 24bit samples have been hand-edited, looped and multi-layered to produce an unsurpassed richness and authenticity of sound that will have your audience gasping in appreciation.
Epica comes with over 600 patches of pads, leads, basses, sequences and fx and of course it has the sound-shaping capabilities for you to create much more. We really believe Epica is Zero-G's best-sounding virtual instrument to date.
Epica's samples have all been recorded through an equipment chain of 100% boutique hardware with no plug-ins used in the creation of the source sounds. Creatively offering a fresh palette of sounds that are rich in timbre and have their own character, you're really able to set your music apart from the masses.
Want to know more?! Well, Time+Space caught up with Epica producer Sam Spacey to try and peer behind the curtain and discover just what went into the making of this amazing virtual synth - click here to read the full interview!
Sam's also composed and produced this full music demo - everything you hear apart from the drums are produced entirely through Epica...check it out below:
Sam Spacey, the producer behind the multi-award-winning Epica, presents Epica Bass - a dedicated analogue bass synth library obsessively sampled from a large collection of all-star classic analogue synths and modulars. No emulations or plugins were used in the recording of Epica Bass as Sam believes that to truly capture the saturated harmonically rich textures that true analogue synthesis brings, you have to keep the recording chain as purely analogue as the source synths themselves.
From the vintage Neve preamp and the UBK Fatso hardware to the boutique guitar distortion pedals and Kush Audio Elektra EQ’s, the gear involved in the making of this Kontakt instrument ensures that Epica Bass sits perfectly in the mix without the need to pile on plugins.
The custom 6-page interface has been designed to give you full control over your sound without slowing down the creative juices. 4 x dedicated synth parameter pages, an extensive Arpeggiator page and a complete FX rack full of Delay, Convolution Reverb, SSL EQ, 1176 Compressor, Flanger, Chorus, Bit Crush etc. to further polish your sound.
- Analog Bass Library for Kontakt 5 or Kontakt Player (included).
- Fully NKS compatible for seamless integration with NI's Komplete Kontrol Series and MASCHINE
- 625 Epic instruments built from 26,657 24bit mono samples
- 100% Analog Synthesisers used, no plugins or virtual synths.
- Arp Odyssey mk3 (orig), Pro 1, CS-30, SEM, Oakley Modular, Future Retro, Matrix 6r, SH-1000 and Telemark modular.
- Boutique hardware recording chain: UBK Fatso, Kush Elektra, Eventide H8000, DBX160XT, Neve Pre amp and several rare guitar pedals.
- Multi Page Extensive Synthesis with dedicated functions per page to give you full editing power in a non-cluttered Interface.
- Creatively inspiring yet extremely powerful 6 page interface gives you full control over your sound without slowing you down.
- Multiple Round Robins utilised to eliminate machine gun effect as well as velocity sample groups.
- Dedicated FX rack with full control utilising Native Instruments latest emulations of 1176 Compressor, SSL EQ along with Flanger, Chorus, Bit Crusher, Delay and Convolution Reverb (new convolutions).
- Fully fledged Arpeggiator, FX Rack, 3 x LFO's, Amp Env, Filter Env (6 Filters), Pitch Env, sample start modulation destinations, Pitch Drift, Portmento, Velocity Scale, Mode and more.
- LFO temp sync - All 3 LFOs for Pitch, Filter and Volume can be switched between normal Frequency amount and Tempo synced to your DAW’s BPM.
- Unique sample start modulation gives control over the real analog filter source (6 analog modelled filters also included for use).
- August 2016 - V1.2 with full NKS compatibility, new arpeggiator features and more + now only £69.95 (was £89.95)
- January 2017 - V1.3 new presets added.
"Epica Bass is a user friendly bass mod that fills in the gaps in your mix. I've only had it for a few weeks but already it's one of my go-to synths when you want to use something simple that's less taxing on your creativity" - Roni Size, Producer
"Absolutely a go-to synth for those multi sampled analogue basses to properly take care of the guts of your subs. Using it in every track at the moment. Very useful indeed!" - John B, D&B/Electronic music producer
"First of all i had to say that I was sceptical, not another bass synth. But now after spent some time with Epica Bass i discovered the full potential. It is a synth that is way beyound a normal bass library and it can easily create what ever kind of sounds you need. “I like it a lot and it fits really well in the mixes. The fx section is absolutely fantastic. I think the name Epica Bass doesn´t do it justice since it is so much more than a bass thing” - Magnus Birgersson aka Solar Fields
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.