Voices Of Gaia is a dynamic and exploratory world, soundtrack and indie solo vocalist collection for Kontakt Player (VST, AU, AAX), featuring 4 outstanding singers ranging from baritone to mezzo-soprano.
Each singer includes fundamental chromatic articulations like true legato, sustains, and staccatos as well as thousands of beautiful, dynamics live performance phrases in a variety of keys, tempos and styles. It features the voices of Francesca Genco, Linda Strawberry, Bryan Lane and Michael Peaslee. Soundiron recorded in a dry studio environment, using high dynamic range, large-diaphragm Neumann microphones and silent Sound Devices preamps to get maximum detail, clarity, and quality.
Voices Of Gaia includes chromatic true legato, sustains and staccatos for a selection of common vowels. It also comes packed with thousands of beautifully dynamic live performance phrases in various keys and tempos, with real-time step-sequencing, tempo control, start/end editing, category and key selection and more.
You´ll also find dozens of uniquely creative sound-designed atmospheric synths, drones and soundscapes that we´ve re-synthesized from these voices. They´re perfect for underscoring, reinforcement and ambient arrangements. Along with our full FX rack panel, they offer you nearly endless creative possibilities.
Soundiron captured over 60 hours of chromatic articulations and improvised melodic elements and carefully distilled it down to this unified and flexible virtual instrument library for the Kontakt Player and Komplete Kontrol platforms. With a clean and intuitive interface, outstanding fidelity and nuanced vocal performances, Voices Of Gaia sets a benchmark for soundtrack and world music vocal libraries.
Francesca Lilac Genco, MA is a singer and sound healer, yoga instructor, bodyworker and interdisciplinary arts teacher. Francesca has released two albums, Numinous River (2008) and Lullabies for a World in Transition (2012). Her singing was featured in Ryan Amon’s score for Elysium, Neill Blomkamp’s science fiction film starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster released in August 2013. Her voice was also featured in the BBC’s award-winning political spy thriller, The Honourable Woman, Kaveh Cohen’s Japanese trailer for James Cameron’s blockbuster film, Avatar, and in numerous video games, including World of Warcraft.
- 2,982 phrases New Phrases: 1,202
- Legato: Ah (mf), Ee (p), Eh (F), Mm (p), Oh (F), Oo mp
- Sustain: Ah (p), Ah (mf), Ah (F), Ay (F), Ee (p), Ee (F), Eh (p), Eh (F), Mm (p), Mm (F), Oh (p), Oh (F), Oo (p), Oo (mf) New sustains: Ee (p), Eh (p), Eh (F), Oh (p)
- Staccato: Ah (p), Ah (F), Ee (p), Ee (F), Eh (p), Eh (F), La (p), La (F), Mm (p), Oh (p), Oh (F), Oo (p), Oo (F) New staccatos: Ee (p), La (p), La (F), Mm (p), Oh (p)
Linda Strawberry Coloma is a Los Angeles based vocalist, songwriter, video director, producer and engineer. She works with Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan, Spirits in the Sky), Bjorn Thorsrud, Alan Moulder, Bon Harris, Marianne Faithfull, The Dandy Warhols, David Coverdale, Dave Navarro, Mark Tulin, Kerry Brown, Mark Weitz and many more. She currently releases music through her label Lovely Chaos and has a song in the current season of Disney show Phineas and Ferb, airing soon. After a two year hiatus, during which she gave birth to her first child, she collaborated with director husband Justin Coloma creating the artwork for Peter Murphy´s "I Spit Roses" music video. She also recorded a duet with Curt Smith (Tears for Fears) for The Shadow Bureau´s "Don´t Give Yourself Away".
- 2,633 phrases
- Legato: Ah (F)
- Sustain: Ah (F), Mm (p), Oh (F), Oo (p)
- Staccato: Ah (F), Mm (p), Oh (F), Oo (p)
Bryan Lane is a vocalist and multi-instrumentalist with an Artist Diploma in Early Music from Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle and a Master’s in Vocal Performance at UCSB, where he performed the roles of Count Almaviva in The Barber of Seville and Nerone in The Coronation of Poppea. He attended the 2013 Amherst Early Music Festival performing in The Fairy Queen under the direction of Maestro Gary Wedow and Director Drew Minter. Bryan has performed comprimari and chorus roles with Opera Santa Barbara in productions of Le Nozze di Figaro, La Traviata, La Bohème and others. Bryan has also performed the role of Don Ramiro in La Cenerentola. On the musical theater stage, Bryan has performed as John the Baptist/Judas in Godspell.
- 2,016 phrases
- Legato: Ah (F), Mm (p), Oo (p), whistle
- Sustain: Ah (F), Mm (p), Oh (mf), Oo (p), Uh (F), Whistle
- Staccato: Ah (F), Mm (p), Oh (mf), Oo (p), Uh (F), Whistle
Michael Peaslee lives in the bleed, the space between all things. He is an artist in a quantum state. He spins up to down, charming humans with his strangeness. He captains his slipship through the ocean of nothing in the place-that-is-not-a-place, slowly bubbling ideas that take form and invade reality. When required he slips a portion of himself across higher dimensional planes into our own so he can interact with our simpler selves. His perception of time and space is twisted and looped, living in a place of here-there and a time of now-then. He may seem confused at times but it only spears so — it is hard to focus communication to a single point when you are everywhere and everywhen.
- 1976 phrases
- Legato: Ah (F), Ee (p), Eh (F), Mm (p), Oh (F), Oo (p)
- Sustain: Ah (p), Ah (F), Ee (p), Ee (F), Eh (F), Mm (p), Oh (p), Oh (F), Oo (p)
- Staccato: Ah (F), Ee (p), Eh (F), Mm (p), Oh (F), Oo (p)
- Powerful Custom User Interface with CC and host automation support for all major DAWs and Komplete Kontrol hardware and software.
- Main performance parameters include features like Swell, Attack, Offset, Release, Legato, Vibrato, Auto-Panning, Phrase Cross-fading, Pitch Shifting, Tempo-Sync/Time-Stretch, Unused sample purging, Articulation Key-Switching and Pitch Shift key-switching.
- Ensemble presets include a mixer panel with separate solo/mute, volume, pan and key range controls for each vocalist.
FX Rack equipped with 18 powerful effect modules, with configurable controls and customizable routing and chain saving/loading.
- 119 integrated custom convolution IR samples in 10 distinct categories (Cathedral, Chamber, Large Room, Small Room, Hallways, Underground, Outdoors, Long FX and Short FX)
- Vowel Sustains: Infinite sustains with attack shaping for a variety of common vowel sounds in various styles and dynamics.
- Vowel Staccatos: Short notes with round-robin for a variety of common vowel sounds in various styles and dynamics.
- Live Performance Phrases: A huge variety of over 9,607 melodic and dynamic passages in a variety of categories, tempos and root keys.
- Vocal SFX: Breaths, Laughs, Whispers and other useful vocal sounds to add life to your mix.
- Sound-designed Pads and Ambiences: 137 Atmospheric drones, ambiences, synth patches, sonic textures and evolving soundscapes hand-crafted from the raw vocal source. From smooth and celestial to brutally gritty and sinister, Soundiron give you a big range of choices that are perfect for layering, underscoring, creative sound design, electronic and hybrid music production.
- 18,134 Samples
- 9.7 GB installed (17.1 GB uncompressed wav source)
- 79 nki Kontakt instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz losslessly compressed NCW samples
- Works with the free Kontakt Player (version 5.6.8+)
This product works with the free Kontakt Player – a free sample player based on Kontakt 5 that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
You can download the Kontakt Player via this link (will take you to Native Instruments website)
Instruments made for Kontakt Player will also run in the full (paid for) version of Kontakt.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.