The oscillators, filters and envelopes of u-He Diva closely model components found in some of the great monophonic and polyphonic synthesizers of yesteryear. Diva modules can be mixed and matched so you can build hybrids, but what sets Diva apart is the sheer authenticity of the analogue sound.
This comes at the cost of quite a high CPU-hit, but we think it was worth it: Diva is the first native software synth that applies methods from industrial circuit simulators (e.g. PSpice) in realtime. The behaviour of zero-delay-feedback filters when pushed to the limit clearly demonstrates the advantages of this groundbreaking approach.
- 1200 presets
- Authentic, unrivaled analogue sound
- Up to 40% less CPU-hit than version 1.0
- Multithreading support for modern CPUs - more polyphony, less overload
- Even bigger library of gorgeously organic presets
- The essence of 7 or 8 vintage synths for about 1% of the cost
- Filters - This is where a LOT of Diva's magic happens - Diva's zero-delay-feedback filters set a very high standard of authenticity. Each filter type closely models a classic analogue hardware filter (or two): You can already choose between Ladder, Cascade, Multi-Mode, Bite... and more are planned!
- Envelopes - Two envelopes, one for the output amp and the other general-purpose. Again, there is a choice of several different modles based on classic hardware synthesizers. The characteristics of amp and filter envelopes within the same synthesizer often differ. This important detail has also been carefully modeled.
- Mix & Match - All modules in the upper rack can be replaced - send any of the oscillator models through any filter model to any amp / envelope model. The rack also offers highpass filter models (pre or post main filter) or feedback from output to input
- Effects - 3 x analogue chorus, 2 x analogue phaser, plate reverb, stereo analogue delay, rotary speaker emulations...The two effects are arranged in series - you can even use two plate reverbs, one after the other.
- Modifiers - Modulation processors: Rectify, quantize, multiply, invert, lag, add modulation sources before using them. There are also several modulation options here that aren't available in all the main panels (e.g. filter resonance, feedback).
- Trimmers - Diva shows her most esoteric side here as she saucily flashes those voice activity indicators! As well as detuning individual voices, a voice-specific offset is applied to cutoff, envelope times, pulse width and glide.
- Scope - Every synth needs an oscilloscope! Diva has a no-nonsense 'scope that only requires two knobs - frequency and scale.
- Patches - Diva comes loaded with over 1,200 presets sorted into various categories. Select a folder from the bottom left panel, then a preset from the main area
- Multi-Core - The optional multi-threading feature lets Diva distribute her voices across multiple cores, so more voices can be played simultaneously without overloading the CPU
Please click on the link below to view the installation guide for this product: