Chromaphone uses acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, mallet, string, and other unique instruments. They get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise generator. Chromaphone is an atelier for musicians and producers. At the turn of a few knobs, become an instrument maker, shaping metal, carving wood, and stretching skins. Craft and play expressive and responsive instruments that have a real-life presence.
AAS have brought Chromaphone to a whole new level—it is now an incredibly versatile instrument.
- NEW Factory library - The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- NEW Drumhead resonator - This new model reproduces precisely how a real drumhead vibrates resulting in super realistic and responsive drums and percussions.
- NEW Envelope mode - The envelope generator for the noise source is now equipped with an AHD mode for carving precise one-shots.
- NEW Noise filter bank - The noise source spectrum can now be tailored with a 10-band filter bank for fine control of the tone.
- NEW Low-cut filter - Resonators have been complemented with a low-cut filter to control the clarity of an instrument response.
- NEW Arpeggiator - Add motion and give a new perspective to sounds with the new built-in arpeggiator module.
- NEW Source mixer - Fine control of the mallet and noise sources to shape the attack and sustain phase of sounds with precision.
- NEW Compressor and equalizer - These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- NEW Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- NEW Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Chromaphone 2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files - Chromaphone 2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- UPDATED Overhauled effects - Reinvigorated and polished, Chromaphone 2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- NEAT Backward compatible with Chromaphone 1 presets - Simply copy your banks from Chromaphone 1 in Chromaphone 2‘s bank folder to convert them.
Library - Chromaphone 2 is packed with more than 650 presets from the best sound designers. Instruments span from warm and mellow pitched percussions for melodies to punchy one-shots and kits for rhythm tracks. Twisted, they generate unique textures and soundscapes that will move any film score. Whether real, other-wordly, or with an ethnic touch, Chromaphone will fill your music with rich and organic tones.
Performance - Chromaphone 2 ships with premium performance features: unison, vibrato, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, Chromaphone provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
Edition - Modeling based synthesis gives you access to all source and resonator parameters. Customize instruments to perfectly fit your project or follow your inspiration and build entirely new ones for really creative and innovative sound design.
Effects - The Effects panel wraps up Chromaphone 2 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.
Arpeggiator - Ready, willing, and able, Chromaphone 2’s arpeggiator offers various syncing resolutions, playing algorithms, and rhythmic patterns that will spruce up any chord progressions into percolating melodies or pulsing sequences.
One-shot revolution - One-shots are no longer limited to the velocity dimension. Chromaphone uses the entire keyboard range to modulate volume, mallet noise and stiffness, noise filter frequency and density, hit position, and coupling to open a whole world of expressive sounds—and that in a totally stepless fashion.
Creative drum kits - Chromaphone ships with ready-made creative kit patches where each note provides a new sound slightly different from the previous one. Over the entire keyboard range the sound morphs from bass drum to snare to hi-hat. Discover a mixture of electronic and acoustic qualities intertwined to form highly playable, addictive, and always fresh drum sounds.
Resonate - Instruments are created by combining acoustic resonators. A wooden bar makes a xylophone, turned metallic it becomes a glockenspiel. Adding a tube transforms it into a vibraphone or marimba. Plates shape up in bells and cymbals. A drumhead combined with a cylinder becomes a bass drum, snare, conga or bongo. Mix and match strings, plates, drumheads, membranes, beams, bars, and tubes to reproduce real-life instruments or create original ones.
Perfect couples - Chromaphone is the first synthesizer that takes into account the effect of coupling between resonators. Bringing together acoustic objects, for exemple the string and soundboard at the bridge of a guitar, changes the way each of them vibrates. A proprietary technology models precisely how objects interact and exchange energy thereby capturing key acoustic behaviours of musical instruments and resulting in sounds that have a real-life presence.
The perfect stroke - Shape the attack with the Mallet module which provides the triggering impact. Use the Amplitude and Stiffness controls to craft different type of sticks, mallets, and beaters, and the Noise parameter to bring texture to the hit. All can be modulated by keyboard velocity and pitch to provide great playing dynamics.
Get noisy - Sustain is provided by a flexible noise source. An envelope generator and filters provide tailored excitation to complement impacts from the mallet. A density parameter controls the rate at which noise samples interact with the resonators from random individual particule-like hits to a fully continuous flow. Loud or quiet, bursting or evolving, dense or porous, broadband or filtered, this noise source is the key to unusual and creative effects.
- Mallets - 49 presets
- Percussions - 72 presets
- Kicks - 40 presets
- Snares - 84 presets
- Toms - 27 presets
- Hi-Hats - 25 presets
- Cymbals - 27 presets
- Chromakits - 25 presets
- Chimes and Bells - 29 presets
- Plucked Strings - 34 presets
- Basses - 33 presets
- Keys - 26 presets
- Strings and Pads - 20 presets
- Synths - 25 presets
- Organs and Pipes - 11 presets
- Soundscapes - 41 presets
- Effects - 33 presets
- Arpeggiators - 39 presets
- Arpeggiated Percussions - 34 presets
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.