% Off - Save a Total of
% Off - Save a Total of £-222.50
Please note: Delivery of this product may take a little longer than normal.
FREE INSTANT DIGITAL DELIVERY*
- Free Tech Support
- Earn Loyalty Points
String Studio VS-2 is a string modeling synthesizer plug-in that swaps the traditional oscillator sound source for a string. With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features—you won’t believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
AAS have streamlined String Studio and brought it to a whole new level - it will change your perspective on strings.
- NEW Factory library - The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- NEW Sean Divine signature sounds - A collection of 50 inspiring signature presets by producer Sean Divine.
- NEW Compressor and equalizer - These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- NEW Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- NEW Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides String Studio VS-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- NEW Bank and program manager - String Studio VS-2’s new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- NEAT Backward compatible with VS-1 presets - Simply put your String Studio VS-1 exported presets in String Studio VS-2‘s bank folder to convert them.
- UPDATED Overhauled effects - Reinvigorated and polished, String Studio VS-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files - String Studio VS-2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- NEW Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plug-ins - String Studio VS-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
The string is the thing - A string is a rich sound source at the heart of a multitude of musical instruments. It can be played with a pick or finger for plucked sounds, bowed and produce sustained sounds or hit for chord and percussive sounds.
Library - String Studio is packed with more than 600 presets from the best sound designers. Performers will be charmed by the acoustic feel and twist of arpeggiator, bass, lead, pad, key, and plucked sounds and find inspiration in the strange resonances, and unusual behaviors of its many ethnic instruments. Sound designers and composers are in for a treat with organic soundscapes that literally become instruments and with growling, twisting and evolving emotion carrying ambiences that will move any film score.
Performance - String Studio is packed with premium performance features: keyboard modes, unison, portamento, and a complete set of MIDI features. And for even more action, String Studio provides a user programmable pattern arpeggiator and shortcuts to the high quality effects.
Edition - String Studio combines innovative acoustic modelling parameters and classic synth features in a unique way. You will be inspired by the new sonic possibilities yet feel at ease with the familiar approach to sound design.
Effects - The Effects panel wraps up String Studio VS-2 as an all-inclusive package with awesome polishing tools.
Tension - A string module lies at the heart of String Studio. Adjust the material to control its tone and how it vibrates. From nylon to steel, from short to long decaying sounds. Listen to it bare naked, through the distorted ear of a pickup or via the filter of a soundboard.
Excitment - The exciter module is where you choose how the string is played. Select a pick for plucked sounds, play it with a bow for sustained sound or use a hammer for chords and percussive sounds.
Felt, quirks, and buzzes - As in a real instrument, strings interact with dampers, frets and fingers. This controls decays and dynamics breathing life into sound with natural noises, grain and warmth.
Colouring - Use soft or steep low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, notch, or formant filters to sculpt your sound. Animate their action with a rich LFO and snappy envelopes.
Body shopping - The soundboard of a string instruments radiates vibrations from the strings. Choose a body type and size to colour the sound with specific resonances and add acoustic character.
Arpeggiator - Ready, willing, and able, String Studio VS-2’s arpeggiator offers various syncing resolutions, playing algorithms, and rhythmic patterns that will spruce up any chord progressions into percolating melodies or pulsing sequences.
Bare naked—All suited up - You’ll love the pure raw sound of String Studio VS-2, but the built-in effects will bring it to so many places that you’ll enjoy having them on hand. And you have a chock-full of them to choose from: compressor, equalizer, delay, distortion, phaser, chorus, flanger, wah wah and notch filters, and reverb.
Masala - Christian Laffitte returns to the sound design kitchen with his second Sound Bank Series instalment in the form of Masala. Not a mere ensemble of sounds, Masala stages an entire collection of new instruments that you’ll love to learn and discover. These instruments are light and responsive to the touch, full of magic with bounces, buzzes, and sizzles. Their timbres are from nowhere and everywhere—an adventurous mélange of tastes and flavours. These 101 wonderful musical contrivances await to unlock new paths of creativity.
Aftermath - Sound designer Daniel Stawczyk returns with Aftermath, a 150-preset collection for our string modeling synthesizer. Harnessing String Studio VS-2 distinctive algorithms the bank revisits the familiar synthesizer categories—bass, chords and stabs, gated sounds, leads, pads, and plucks—in a fresh, expressive, and unsettling sense. The set is then nicely tied up with 49 ultra playable special effect instruments that span hyperrealism, orchestral annihilation, and nerve-racking consequences.
Journeys - Journeys is master sound designer Gregory Simpson´s endeavor on sounds that evoke the essence of other times, places, or cultures. Indeed, this collection will get you travelling from the ancient centuries to modern times, from Asia to Africa, and everything in between. All that with the intrinsic acoustic quality of String Studio as your passport.
Entangled Species - Entangled Species grants exclusive access to the beloved tools, inspirational encounters, and living sounds of composer David Kristian. This organic collection of arpeggiators, pads, loopers, synthesizers, keyboards, noises, and sound effects shall evolve as a natural extension of the sonic inventory of anyone into electro-acoustic, ambient, and film music arrangements. And with String Studio VS-2 as your middleman, these sounds are just a few tweaks away to become your own.
Frontier - After delivering Starlight and Cinémathèque, sound designer Daniel Stawczyk returns with Frontier, a reserve of dazzling sounds coming straight out of deep-space exploration. Indeed, the 130 presets split up in arpeggiator, gated, lead, keys, plucked, effects, and synths categories present a survey of what’s found around the farthest celestial bodies. Whether you want to set a futuristic mood or compose a parallel universe story, Frontier will yield the extraterrestrial enigma you need.
Harmonic Geometry - With Harmonic Geometry, Richard Devine explores our string modeling synthesizer in all its facets. In his distinctive style, he brings us elaborate timbral perspectives and intricate textural spaces using the many shapes and forms of String Studio VS-2. These ingenious constructions materialize into an eclectic collection of sounds spanning modern sci-fi territories, ambiences, surprising percussions, resonant vibrational effects, and exotic instruments. Harmonic Geometry comprises 130 presets divided into eight categories: Pad, Effect, Arpeggiator, Plucked, Synth, Keys, Percussion, and Ambient.
Preset categories include:
- Plucked – Electric
- Signature – Sean Divine
- Signature – Harm Visser
- Signature – Martin Walker
- Masala EXPANSION PACK - 101 presets
- Aftermath EXPANSION PACK - 149 presets
- Journeys EXPANSION PACK - 128 presets
- Entangled Species EXPANSION PACK - 128 presets
- Frontier EXPANSION PACK - 128 presets
- Harmonic Geometry EXPANSION PACK - 130 presets
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.
"String Studio delivers a variety of convincing stringed-instruments emulations, but that's not its real charm. It offers a huge sound palette, as its generous preset library attests. The library is spread across 17 categories, most named after stringed instruments, but the presets in those categories range from emulations to strange instrument hybrids to unstable sounds that you won´t find in nature." - Len Sasso, Electric Musician
"Being able to create the kind of unique sounds String Studio produces will more then justify the bucks to people who like the sonic equivalent of white-water rafting. I give a lot of points to software capable of creating sounds that cause heads to turn." - Craig Anderton, Keyboard
Product Type:Virtual Instrument
- Stand alone
Mac System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Intel Core processor or later
- 512 MB of RAM
- 70 MB of free hard drive space
Windows System Requirements*
- Windows 7 32/64bit or later
- Intel Core or equivalent processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 70 MB of free hard drive space
*The minimum system requirements mentioned above are for standalone usage. For plug-in usage, please refer to your DAW software requirements (Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer, Logic Pro, etc.).