Cinematic Strings: Cinematic Strings 2
Professional strings for film, tv and game composers
Cinematic Strings 2.0 virtual instrument is a completely redesigned and updated version of the original library. Whilst retaining the warm luscious tones produced in the world class Verbrugghen Hall of the Sydney Conservatorium, the new version features a sleek new interface and even smoother legato.
Because Cinematic Strings was created to meet the needs of working composers in today's film, television and video game industries, the focus has been to maximise both efficiency and authenticity. With this in mind, it provides a realistic mockup tool and an inspiring instrument - which will save you from all the hassle and wasted time spent tweaking parameters, modifying CC data, or applying drastic EQ and reverb effects to emulate the sound you're after.
Thanks to the cutting edge GUI, Cinematic Strings is incredibly easy to use. Loading and unloading articulations, assigning keyswitches, adjusting the microphone balance using the new mixer, and controlling a built-in reverb are all just a click or two away. With all these features accessible from the main GUI page, you'll have Cinematic Strings working alongside you on your latest project within minutes.
New Legato Engine
Real legato transitions were sampled for Cinematic Strings. The new legato engine is designed to be more authentic and efficient, allowing the transitions to be integrated seamlessly into your melodies. This is made possible by our advanced scripting system that adjusts the dynamics and timbre automatically while you play. The new engine compensates for your playing speed automatically, so that when you play fast, shorter more natural legato transitions are triggered. This leaves you to focus on what you write, not how you write it.
New 'Mix' Microphone Position
Cinematic Strings utilises three microphone positions - close, stage, and room. Mixing these three together will allow you to take advantage of the deep concert hall warmth captured in the recordings. Additionally, you can achieve a full sound while saving on computer resources by using the new "mix" microphone position. This sounds so good that we're willing to bet you'll be using this 99% of the time.
Compatible with the free Kontakt 5 Player
Cinematic Strings 2.0 is now Kontakt Player 5 compatible, meaning it will work as a standalone product without the need to purchase any additional 3rd party software. We hope this opens Cinematic Strings up to a wider audience and provides the most compatibility across all systems. Kontakt Player 5 is available as a separate free download, from Native Instruments.
Other Features & Enhancements
- Controllable vibrato using a MIDI CC (user selectable)
- 4 dynamic layers for all articulations
- All common articulations sampled: Sustains (with and without vibrato), Tremolo, Trills (half and whole tone), Staccato, Pizzicato (with Bartok Snap)
- Specialised 'Runs' mode for creating realistic fast string runs
- 4 x Round Robin samples for all short notes - essential for realistic repeated notes
- Repacked using Native Instruments lossless compression algorithm to reduce per-sample footprint
- New staccatissimo samples - for when you need that extra bit of nimbleness!
- User-adjustable short note lengths
- Built-in algorithmic reverb, adjustable from main GUI page
- Intelligent controllable vibrato. The system doesn't enable vibrato samples unless you move the controller - this saves resources if you're not using this feature
- Selectable high and low playing positions - controlled via GUI control or velocity sensitive keyswitch
This product works with the free Kontakt Player – a free sample player based on Kontakt 5 that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
You can download the Kontakt Player via this link (will take you to Native Instruments website)
Instruments made for Kontakt Player will also run in the full (paid for) version of Kontakt.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.