Rio Grooves! is Cinesamplesʼ original Brazilian percussion library for Kontakt, produced by multi-platinum producer and composer Victor Pozas and Grammy awarded producer and composer Roberto Schilling. Recorded in Rio de Janeiro with Brazil's best musicians, Rio Grooves covers the essentials of authentic Brazilian percussion rhythms.
Rio Grooves features an unparalleled level of flexibility offered by multi-microphone perspective balancing, seamless synchronization with your music, and preset MIDI files, all presented in a straightforward interface. For the first time, producers, composers and musicians around the world can access the most versatile take on Brazilian rhythms.
- 17 Instruments, ranging from Tamborim to Caixa
- A convenient sync-to DAW functionality
- Each instrument includes three different micrphone positions
- 100 MIDI files
- 3 categories of patches
Works with the Free Kontakt Player 5.5.0 or higher
SIMPLE SYNC TO DAW
Rio Grooves! offers a convenient sync-to DAW functionality that conforms the rhythms to the downbeat in your DAW regardless when you begin playing within the bar. The Offset knob allows the user to change the feel by offsetting the start point in either direction.
Each instrument includes three different micrphone positions (Close, Overhead, and Room) that you can dial in and out to fit any mix.
100 MIDI FILES
Each patch has preset MIDI patterns assigned to keys C0 thru G0. These preset patterns serve as examples of the patch´s rhythm, as well as providing an intuitive, ready to use version of the rhythm as an accompaniment or a starting point on which to build. The text window displays the name of the selected preset pattern and gives the user a MIDI file, which can be "draged and dropped" from the text window into the DAW´s session.
FULL INSTRUMENT LIST
There are 3 categories of patches:
Instrument Groove, Song Form, and Simple to Complex.
- 01 Escola de Samba 1 - Song Form
- 02 Escola de Samba 2 - Song Form
- 03 Escola de Samba Extras
- 04 Escola Maculelê - Song Form
- 05 Baião - Instrument Groove
- 06 Capoeira - Instrument Groove
- 07 Galope - Instrument Groove
- 08 Maculelê - Instrument Groove
- 09 Maracatu - Instrument Groove
- 10 Roda de Samba - Instrument Groove
- 11 Samba Funk - Instrument Groove
- 12 Samba Reggae - Instrument Groove
- 13 Telecoteco - Instrument Groove
- 14 Velha Guarda - Instrument Groove
- 15 Xote - Instrument Groove
- 16 Funk de Bloco 1 - Simple to Complex
- 17 Funk de Bloco 2 - Simple to Complex
- 18 Ijexá - Simple to Complex
- 19 Jongo - Simple to Complex
- 20 Macumba - Simple to Complex
Rio Grooves! does not require you to purchase any additional sample playback software, and is licensed to work with Native Instruments´ free Kontakt Player. All you need is a sequencer like Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer, LIVE, Pro Tools, or Cakewalk, and you’ll be up and running.
Demo Audio Files
- ESCOLA DE SAMBA - RAFAEL LANGONI
- MARACATU - OTOVIO DE MORAES
- CORCOVADO CHASE - THIAGO TIBERIO
- FUNK PERCUSSION - ROBERTO SCHILLING & VICTOR POZAS
- ESCOLA MACULELE - ROBERTO SCHILLING
This product works with the free Kontakt Player – a free sample player based on Kontakt 5 that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
You can download the Kontakt Player via this link (will take you to Native Instruments website)
Instruments made for Kontakt Player will also run in the full (paid for) version of Kontakt.
Download Size: 1.1GB (RAR Files)
Install Size: 1.18GB (Over 2.3GB required during installation)
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.