Most reverbs are earth-bound and constrained by the physics of the real world. Eventide's Blackhole reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (at least the one we inhabit). At large sizes, it's soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allows it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.
From the Extreme to the Sublime
While it’s true Blackhole is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix. Whether you're at the event horizon or closer to home, Blackhole will inspire and amaze while its intuitive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science.
In short, Blackhole is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn't enough.
Eventide have now perfected the galactic sounds of the Blackhole reverb in native plug-in form. With the Blackhole plug-in, any instrument in your DAW can warp acoustic space and time. This famed, massive reverberator first saw the light of day as an algorithm in Eventide's rack-mount DSP4000 and remained a favourite in the rack-mount H8000FW. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their "secret weapon." More recently, it was ported to their Space stompbox and became the go-to ambient effect for guitar and keyboard layers. With each new version the reverb has been refined and enhanced.
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists.
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments.
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones.
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track highlighting.
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay.
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments.
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
- Full support for the Native Instruments NKS Effects system.
"It breaks away from the plate-room-hall-chamber paradigm and brings a single algorithm geared towards making reverbs as big as the cosmos...Blackhole is simply a joy to use." - GearSlutz.com
"Incredibly rich sound, this makes it the perfect tool for creating big, movie-style effects and crazy, warped sounds out of run-of-the-mill sources." - Computer Music
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.