New Name, Same Great Effect
Physion (formerly known as Fission) is the first plug-in to use Eventide's ground-breaking Structural Effects technology - A new method for processing audio. It allows you to split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate them using Eventide's world-class effects and then fuse them back together. With the ability to add effects and dynamic controls to the transient and tonal sections, you can produce a wide range of effects, from the subtle to the extreme.
Physion is a versatile tool for sound designers. Splitting and manipulating audio allows you to create and explore sounds never heard before. Remove transients from pianos or guitars to create bowed sounds, or go even further by adding extreme effects to the independent channels.
Physion allows you to easily re-tune a drum without affecting the transient. Delay the cracking transient of a rimshot while leaving the tonal ring as-is. Solo out the transients to tighten up a sound and add some compression to tighten further.
Physion’s structural split can be used to modify vocals in subtle or drastic ways. Emphasise or reduce sibilance, add or remove resonance, or turn robust vocals into whispers.
Physion is not a traditional transient shaper - it’s a transient separator. It goes beyond what has been possible by allowing you to surgically tune the transient and tonal response independently.
Remove unwanted tonal ring and hiss, or just reduce it with compression/expansion. Beef up the transients from old instrumental recordings to improve presence in a mix without squashing the life out of the tonal material.
Use various instances of Physion to morph and transform your loops using independent tonal and transient delays.
- Split audio into “Transient” and “Tonal” components
- Radically re-shape a sound by soloing the Tonal and Transient channels. Tighten up drums by dropping the tonal section, or tune a guitar into an ambient sweep by losing the transients
- Split, modify and reassemble any sound
- Fine-tune the split using the four “Structural Split” controls.
- Six Transient effects available: Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate + EQ
- Seven Tonal effects available: Delay, Compressor, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ
- Waveform display for clear tracking of Transient/Tonal audio in real time
- Artists presets include Richard Devine, Chris Carter, Suzanne Ciani, Joe Chiccarelli, John Agnello, Stewart Lerman, Steve Rosenthal, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and more.
"This next-level approach opens up a whole new universe of processing possibilities, from precise drum tuning, frequency shaping and dynamics sculpting through to cinematic sound design, esoteric weirdness and beyond." - Computer Music
"Apart from opening a new frontier in plug-ins, its strength is that it encourages an approach that blurs the line between practical and creative sound design applications." - Resident Advisor
"This isn’t your run of the mill transient shaper, this is something very unique indeed... It’s a new way of affecting audio and I like that." - Pro Tools Expert
"5 Stars. It’s so clever that it begs the question: why no one has done this before?... Fission [Physion] is a remarkable plug-in, capable of pulling out tricks that were otherwise very hard to achieve, heavily favouring creativity and experimentation." - Gearslutz
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.