An equaliser is probably the tool you use most while mixing and mastering, so you need the best of the best. With FabFilter Pro-Q 3, you get the highest possible sound quality, a pervasive feature set, and a gorgeous, innovative interface with unrivalled ease of use.
- Professional mastering-grade EQ plug-in with exceptional sound quality
- Up to 24 bands with a vast range of filter types
- Dynamic EQ option for every band
- 6-96dB/octave slopes for all filter types
- Additional Brickwall slope for the High Cut and Low Cut filters
- Per-band Stereo, Left, Right, Mid, or Side mode
- Zero Latency, Natural Phase, and Linear Phase processing modes
- Extremely efficient processing and low memory usage
- Surround support, including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking
- Adapts automatically to stereo, mono, and surround channel layouts
- Intelligent multiband selection and editing
- Intelligent band solo mode
- Powerful real-time spectrum analyser
- External spectrum visualisation from any other Pro-Q 3 instance in the session, including collision detection
- Spectrum Grab: grab and adjust a peak directly in the spectrum analyser
- EQ Match for imposing the tonal characteristics of one signal on another
- Piano Display switches the frequency scale to musical note values
- Separate mastering (3/6dB) and mixing (12/30dB) display ranges
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Beautiful, responsive, resizable GPU-accelerated graphical interface with full-screen mode
- MIDI Learn with the option to control the currently active band
- Retina support on macOS and High DPI support on Windows
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
Integrated dynamic EQ
Pro-Q 3 adds the ability to switch any of its 24 bands to Dynamic EQ mode, with a simple, elegant workflow: just raise or lower the Dynamic Range ring around the Gain knob to apply smooth compression or expansion to that band. An intelligent algorithm automatically chooses program-dependent attack, release, and knee settings, while the Threshold can be set automatically, according to the input signal level, or manually. And, of course, dynamic EQ bands continue to operate with perfect analogue matching and support Linear Phase mode.
Pro-Q 3 works with all major surround formats, up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2. The plug-in automatically configures itself to the multichannel format of the hosting surround track, and an intuitive selection panel enables EQ adjustment of multiple channels together.
Pro-Q has long been able to work its equalisation magic on the mid or side channels in a stereo signal, as well as left and right, and this functionality becomes even more flexible with Pro-Q 3. Each individual band can now be set to process only the Mid, Side, Left, Right, or Stereo channels so that users can get truly surgical with their stereo frequency-shaping on a band-by-band basis.
New filter types
Pro-Q 3 adds to Pro-Q 2’s multitude of filter types with the all-new Flat Tilt shape, applying a flat tilting correction curve to the entire audible spectrum. And for those occasions when even the super-steep 96dB/ octave roll-off slope isn’t precise enough, the Low and High Cut filter types can now be set to Brickwall mode for the ultimate in top/bottom attenuation.
Improved spectrum analyser and Spectrum Grab
Pro-Q 3’s spectrum analyser makes it easier than ever to find and correct problem frequencies in the mix. Activate the new collision detection to view clashes between the source signal and the spectrum of any other Pro-Q 3 instance in the session, and get an instant handle on the most important peaks in Spectrum Grab mode with frequency/note labels.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.