The original Rob Papen Punch virtual drum machine made its mark on the map through a combination of professionally designed drum synthesis/samples and the built-in pattern sequencer. Now, by adding even more drum synthesis models, and introducing a fresh, re-designed new main screen which allows you to quickly form unique new drum kits, Rob Papen Punch 2 continues its legacy to be a cutting edge drum machine... but with lots of extra added punch!
How to obtain the Rob Papen Punch 2 free demo version:
- Before installing, please read the license terms in the tab named Demo License.
- For details on how to use plugins in general, please look at your music software (host) documentation.
- This demo product will be usable in your host (music software) for 30 days time in total. After this period it emits regular noise. Also, in this demo, all bank and preset loading or saving are disabled. Of course, the full version has also far more presets on board!
It doesn't stop there though; the interface and the synthesis sound options have been expanded greatly. Rob Papen Punch 2 now allows you to import your own samples and REX files so you can create your own loops using whatever samples you'd like. You can map out REX files or sample slices to individual pads and combine these creatively with the sounds & pattern sequencer found inside Punch 2 for ultimate usability. Further editing of REX files or Sliced pads is also possible by using one of the many additional features such as filters, envelopes or routing into one of the 4 FX modules. And yes, you can even use granular synthesis on the REX and Slice pads!
Feature-wise there is almost too much to mention here! For instance, there is a full new ‘Master’ section with EQ, Compressor, Limiter, Stereo/mono split filter, and layout mixer. Last but not least, Punch 2 also comes with a vast amount of included sounds, ready to groove into your music and productions!
- NEW sleek interface with a 24 pad main page layout
- NEW import your own samples and REX files to turn into your own loops
- NEW Master FX section with hands on controls
- In depth advanced page featuring brand NEW synthesis engines such as additive and string synthesis + 28 filter types, customer user waves and a dedicated click/noise section.
- Hundreds of NEW samples from professional sound designers including Ian Boddy, Xenos Soundworks and Davide Carbone.
- 4 step sequences with NEW ‘audition’ feature that allows users to preview kits and samples on the fly
- 4 separate FX modules with 31 in-depth effects to choose from
- Includes Punch BD virtual bass drum synthesiser engine
- Over 900 Drum Kits
- Over 2500 Drum presets (presets for various drum types)
- Over 1300 pre-installed HQ Samples
- Over 400 intergraded HQ Samples
- Over 150 pre-installed LOOPS/REX files
The demo software is provided to the user "as is". Rob Papen and RPCX make no warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the software and associated materials provided to the user, including but not limited to any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
Rob Papen and RPCX do not warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software will be corrected. Rob Papen and RPCX does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the software or any documentation provided therewith in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. No information or advice is given by Rob Papen and RPCX shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. Rob Papen and RPCX are not liable for any claims or damages whatsoever, including property damage, personal injury, intellectual property infringement, loss of profits, or interruption of business, or for any special, consequential or incidental damages, however, caused. The user is not allowed to distribute the program. Further, the user may not modify, the user may not decompile and the user may not debug the software.
Sounds provided within the Rob Papen and RPCX software are also licensed to the user "as is" with the same terms and the additional term that the user may not copy or sample sounds and grooves for soundset distribution use.
- 24-PAD Drum synthesizer for PC and Mac. 64bit AU/VST/AAX
- Separate Stereo and Multi-output versions installed upon installation.
- Punch-BD also included upon installation
- GUI size options: 100%, 150% and 200%
- New Main Page for quick and easy editing for all pads.
- Freely selectable mode for each pad. These are from a choice of model, sample based or
based on Slices/REX.
- Each pad has a ‘distortion module’ with 19 different types.
4 BD models
2 SN models
3 HH models
2 Tom models
3 Clap models
14 Percussion models including String and Additive synthesis
3 User waves for various models
Built-in samples for pads:
BD, SNARE, HH, Clap, Tom, and User
over 400 integrated HQ samples
Drag and drop feature
Each sample pad can work with 3 sample layers at once.
Velocity Split, Mix and Alternate play modes.
Sample pad has a multimode filter, pitch envelope and LFO built in for each sample.
Granular mode available with size, random and length features.
Over 1300 pre-installed HQ samples
Slice a sample into the pads.
Slice modes are 'equal', 'automatically' and 'tempo based'
Granular mode available with size, random and length feature.
Filter and AMP envelope for each Slice pad.
REX file import.
MIDI file export for slice pads
Over 150 pre-installed Slices and REX files.
8 Sequences (grooves and breaks) available, each containing 4 tracks.
Audition menu, which allows to combine the 8 sequences including Slice/REX loop play (if active)
Extract to MIDI feature for the pattern sequences.
Each track has additional features like 'tune', ‘pan’ and 'envelope speed'.
4 band EQ with 'parallel EQ'
High Pass Filter and Low Pass Filter (12dB).
15 sliders to control all 24 pads to add some creative and dynamic changes to a drum kit.
4 FX processors with different path options and a brand new mixer mode.
31 different FX types: Mono Delay, Stereo Delay, Tape Delay, Comb Filter, HQ Reverb, Chorus, Tape Chorus, Chorus /Delay, Flanger, Tape Flanger, Ensemble, Phaser, Analog Phaser, Distortion, Multi Distort, Low-Fi, Amp Sim, Cabinet, Waveshaper, Clipper, Widener, AutoPan, Gator, Ring-Mod, Filter, WahWah Delay, AutoWah, Equalizer, Compressor, Noise-Gate, Freq Shift.
Bank manager to manage all 'kit presets', 'drum presets' and 'patterns'.
Media Reviews for the original version of Punch
"Rob Papen has created a virtual synthesiser that oozes quality in every respect. The sounds are awesome, the user interface looks great, it's easy to learn and fast to use." – DJ magazine
"It's sleek urban orientated sounds allied to the versatile filters of the synth section and the comprehensive effects pretty much makes it a must if you are producing contemporary music." – Playmusic Pickup mag
"I give Punch 4.5 out of 5 subs, it’s really a straight forward and fun to use drum synth that has tons of character and a really heavy sound." - soundsandgear.com
"...the tricks that you can produce here in mere seconds would take hours of careful editing within a DAW. Punch comes thoroughly recommended." - residentadvisor.net
"Very cool and most of all, it delivers very fast results! Instant creativity. Easy to use and simply has a great sound." - Armin van Buuren