Softube's Heartbeat captures the sound and experience of early 80s drum synthesizers, and Sami Rabia's video tutorial series teaches you how to use it to create your own modern masterpieces!
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- 13 tutorials
- Over 1hr of video footage
- For users of all levels
Sami begins with a GUI overview, showing you how the plug-in is laid out, then he dives into the kick drum section, explaining all the simple, but powerful tone shaping parameters. Next, he explores the Snare & Clap module, Hi-Hats Module, Percussion Module, and Cymbals Module.
With the modules covered, Sami demonstrates how to use the mixer, including the multi-output option, as well as how you can map velocity to different elements of Heartbeat.
After that, Sami looks at the Effects section, revealing the built-in reverb, delay, and compressor for even more sound sculpting, and then explains how to use the Auto-Layer machine, which is capable of both simple sequencing and extreme chaos.
Finally, Sami delves into sound design with Heartbeat, showing you how to design a vintage drum sound, and how to build an EDM-style kick.
Whether you're new to Softube's Heartbeat or are looking for some new tips and tricks, watch "Softube Heartbeat Explained" today!
Tutorial 1 - Introduction
- Sound Designer Sami Rabia gives a quick introduction to Heartbeat.
Tutorial 2 - GUI Overview
- In this video we get a feel for the GUI layout.
Tutorial 3 - Kick Drum
- Sami Rabia explains the parameters of the simple but powerful Kick modules.
Tutorial 4 - Snares & Claps
- We take a look at the sounds on offer in the Snare & Clap modules.
Tutorial 5 - HiHats
- A close look at the hihats module and how the choke works.
Tutorial 6 - Percussion
- Understand the parameters and modes on the versatile percussion modules.
Tutorial 7 - Cymbal
- We take a look at the final drum module, the cymbal.
Tutorial 8 - Mixer & Multi-Out
- Sami shows explains controls on the mixer as well as demonstrating the multi-output option.
Tutorial 9 - Velocity Mapping
- In this video learn how velocity can be mapped to affect different aspects of Heartbeat.
Tutorial 10 - Effects Section
- We take a close look at the controls and features of the Reverb, delay & Compressor.
Tutorial 11 - Auto-Layer Machine
- Capable of both simple sequencing and extreme chaos, Sami explains the ins and outs of the Auto-layer machine.
Tutorial 12 - Sound Design: Vintage Drums
- Sami reveals some programming ideas for a vintage drum machine sound.
Tutorial 13 - Sound Design: EDM Kicks
- In this final video, Sami uses layering within Heartbeat to program a punchy EDM kick.
Download Size (zipped file)
- 402 MB