VENTUS Ethnic Winds is a series of beautiful solo instruments. Includes 15 playing techniques and 600 pre-recorded phrases – 6,000 samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances
- Phrase playback editor
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb
- TACT - Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques
Ventus Series Concept
Impact Soundworks started the Ventus Ethnic Winds series to take you on a journey all over the world, capturing the tones of beautifully performed solo woodwinds outside the Western repertoire. Along with that goal, they want you to be able to create authentic performances without technology getting in the way.
Each Ventus instrument shares several key features, along with a common user interface:
- Traditional playable articulations alongside a large pool of pre-recorded phrases that you can quickly drop into a composition for instant color.
- An innovative ornaments system designed to automagically createdecorative techniques in real time with no extra sequencing or tweaking needed.
- The unique Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) to unify and simplify the process of creating your own personal mapping setup for every instrument.
With these three features, combined with our hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
Impact Soundworks first foray into sampling traditional Japanese instruments was Koto Nation, released in 2008. Since then, they've received countless requests to explore the shakuhachi next, making it the perfect choice for the first volume of Ventus!
The Shakuhachi is an ancient end-blown flute used in Japanese music for over 1,300 years. Performing the instrument and using techniques like vibrato is significantly different than Western flutes and recorders. Its five (pentatonic) holes can produce several octaves of pitches with breathy, serene, and emotional tones.
The Shakuhachi library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: from straight sustains and vibrato to bends, ornaments, and phrases.
- Over 6,000 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 6 types of sustain articulations
- True legato playing w/ adjustable settings
- 5 different release ornaments
- 12 types of trills (fast, slow, multi intervals)
- 600+ phrases of multiple lengths and styles
- Phrases & breaths also provided as WAV
Download Size (RAR files):
- Parts 1 - 2: 2 GB each
- Part 3: 1.8 GB
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.