The second instrument in the VENTUS Ethnic Winds series of beautiful solo instruments, featuring the enchanting sound of the Irish tin whistle. Includes 16 playing techniques and 450 pre-recorded phrases – 3,180 samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances
- Phrase playback editor
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb
- TACT - Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques
Ventus Series Concept
The Ventus Ethnic Winds series was started to take you on a journey all over the world, capturing the tones of beautifully performed solo woodwinds outside the Western repertoire. Along with that goal, you are able to create authentic performances without technology getting in the way.
Each Ventus instrument shares several key features, along with a common user interface:
1. Traditional playable articulations alongside a large pool of pre-recorded phrases that you can quickly drop into a composition for instant color.
2. An innovative ornaments system designed to automagically create decorative techniques in real time with no extra sequencing or tweaking needed.
3. The unique Total Articulation Control Technology (TACT) to unify and simplify the process of creating your own personal mapping setup for every instrument.
With these three features, combined with hallmark depth of sampling and attention to detail, Ventus Ethnic Winds will become a source of endless inspiration.
The Tin Whistle
The tin whistle - or feadóg (Gaelic) - is a humble yet versatile recorder-like instrument that is firmly established as a mainstay of traditional Celtic music. Though this instrument family is among the most ancient on Earth, the tin whistle itself found its popularity in the 19th century within the United Kingdom in particular.
This instrument was chosen not just for its cultural significance, but also its pure tone and incredible versatility. It can perform soaring, agile parts with gorgeous rapid ornamentation as well as slow, emotional lines that tug at your heartstrings. This flexibility has led the tin whistle to prominence in film, TV & game scoring as well, most notably in Howard Shore's score to the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
This tin whistle library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: sustains, strikes, cuts, crans, rolls, legato, portamento, bends, phrases and much more!
- Over 3180 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 8 types of sustain articulations
- True legato and portamento w/ adjustable settings
- 2 different release ornaments
- Classic strikes, cuts, crans & rolls
- 4 types of trills (major, minor, 2nds, 3rds)
- 450 phrases of multiple lengths and styles
- Phrases also provided as WAV
Download Size (RAR files):
- Parts 1 - 2: 2 GB each
- Part 3: 813 MB
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.