In Session Audio Fluid Strike is an instrument designed to create richly layered melodic percussive patterns with ease.
Why is it called Fluid Strike: Tuned Percussion?
“FLUID” because of the flowing sound created with the three arpeggiators.
“STRIKE” because the instruments have been struck with mallets, sticks, brushes & fingers.
“TUNED PERCUSSION” because the library features 30 melodic, percussive instruments (complemented by a selection of 120 synth sounds).
Why tuned percussion?
Because the instruments are timeless...
Wood, steel, stone, bamboo, glass and gourds combine to make a sound that is elemental. A sound that can harken to both the past and the future. With a slew of effects, sound shaping tools and autoplay rhythmic and melodic features at your fingertips, Fluid Strike allows tuned percussion to sound completely unique.
In Session Audio didn’t stop at sampling each instrument just once. Where possible, each instrument has been recorded using a variety of sticks, mallets, fingers, brushes and bows.
For example, the vibraphone is offered played with soft mallets open and muted, rubber mallets open and muted and bowed! Choose what you need.
Between the 30 instruments recorded for Fluid Strike, there are 63 different sample sets!
You can find a complete list in the Contents tab.
Triple Play Engine
For years, In Session Audio had been wondering - "What if we could create an instrument that allowed the user to:
- Select three sound sources to layer together
- Arpeggiate the three sound sources with independent patterns, rates and playback modes
- Shape and effect the three sound sources independent of one another
- Select any effect directly from the interface (and swap their positions on the fly)
- Humanize the three sound sources independent of one another?"
After nearly six months of development, they did it!
NKS READY: FLUID STRIKE
Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) is Native Instruments' extended plug-in format.
NKS allows for seamless interaction between FLUID STRIKE and KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE hardware.
- 30 tuned percussive instruments
- 120 custom made synth sets
- Where possible, each instrument has been recorded using a variety of sticks, mallets, fingers, brushes and bows, bringing the tuned percussion sample set count to 63.
- Most instruments feature many velocity layers and triple round robin cycling for natural variation.
- To improve playability all instruments have been stretched across the entire keyboard range.
- 200 patches split into seven categories:
- Triple Play Arps – Natural (36)
- Triple Play Arps – Hybrid (36)
- Rhythmic Pulses w Mod Wheel (24)
- Solo (24)
- Pads (24)
- Ambient (32)
- Sequences (24)
- 71 custom reverb impulse responses
- 12 custom amp cabinet impulse responses
- 64 custom fx unit presets
- Triple Play rhythm grids can modify up to 15 parameters simultaneously (arp, pitch, filter cutoff, volume and pan x 3)
- The Triple Play engine supports up to 22 user-selected Kontakt effects at once, plus an additional three filters, three send delays and three send reverbs, for a total of 31 (!) simultaneous effects.
This product works with the free Kontakt Player – a free sample player based on Kontakt 5 that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
You can download the Kontakt Player via this link (will take you to Native Instruments website)
Instruments made for Kontakt Player will also run in the full (paid for) version of Kontakt.
COMPLETE LIST OF INSTRUMENTS:
- Balafon – Rubber Mallets
- Balafon – Soft Mallets
- Balafon – Hard Mallets
- Bell Tree
- Bonang – Soft Mallets
- Bonang – Rubber Mallets
- French Celeste
- German Celeste
- Large Windchimes – Soft Mallets
- Large Windchimes – Soft Mallets Muted
- Small Windchimes – Rubber Mallets
- Small Windchimes – Rubber Mallets Muted
- Small Windchimes – Stick
- Turkish Crotales
- Swiss Crotales
- Crystal Glasses – Soft Mallets
- Crystal Glasses – Rubber Mallets
- Crystal Glasses – Fingers
- Desk Bells
- Glockenspiel – Hard Mallet
- Glockenspiel – Rubber Mallet
- Glockenspiel – Rubber Mallet Muted
- Glockenspiel – Bowed
- Catania Kalimba
- Gourd Kalimba
- Meinl Kalimba
- Mozambian Mbira
- Mozambian Mbira -w Buzzers
- Zimbabwean Mbira
- Small Music Box
- Large Music Box
- Rindik – Single
- Rindik – Dual
- American Steel Tongue Drum – Fingers
- American Steel Tongue Drum – Soft Mallets
- Brazilian Steel Tongue Drum – Fingers
- Brazilian Steel Tongue Drum – Rubber Mallets
- Granite Stone – Rubber Mallets
- Granite Stone – Soft Mallets
- Granite Stone – Hard Mallets
- Large Tingklik – Rubber Mallets
- Large Tingklik – Brushes
- Small Tingklik – Rubber Mallets
- Small Tingklik – Sticks
- Modern Tongue Drum – Fingers
- Modern Tongue Drum – Rubber Mallets
- Modern Tongue Drum – Soft Mallets
- Modern Tongue Drum – Brushes
- Osi Tongue Drum – Fingers
- Osi Tongue Drum – Rubber Mallets
- Osi Tongue Drum – Soft Mallets
- Vintage Tongue Drum – Fingers
- Vintage Tongue Drum – Rubber Mallets
- Vintage Tongue Drum – Soft Mallets
- Vintage Tongue Drum – Sticks
- Vibraphone – Soft Mallets
- Vibraphone – Soft Mallets Muted
- Vibraphone – Rubber Mallets
- Vibraphone – Rubber Mallets Muted
- Vibraphone – Bowed
- Xylophone – Rubber Mallets
- Xylophone – Soft Mallets
- Xylophone – Bowed
Disclosure: The mbiras, tingkliks and the Brazilian tongue drum were previously featured in products by Nine Volt Audio. However, they have been re-mastered and re-mapped for Fluid Strike.
Download Size (RAR files):
- Parts 1 & 2: 1 GB each
- Part 3: 832 MB
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.