% Off - Save a Total of
% Off - Save a Total of £-37.50
Your selected product option is currently out of stock. You can still purchase and we'll deliver in 3-7 working days.
This product is currently out of stock. You can still purchase and we will dispatch it to you within 7 working days.
Your serial will be delivered within one working day.
FREE INSTANT DIGITAL DELIVERY*
- Free Tech Support
- Earn Loyalty Points
iZotope DDLY Dynamic Delay responds to your track's musical dynamics to create versatile and intriguing delays. It's a one-of-a-kind effects plug-in that delays the signal differently depending on the character of the sound, without turning your track to aural mud.
Adjust the threshold to split your signal based on transients, then send it down two separate analog or granular delay paths. Get a cleaner, more complex sound than a traditional full-signal delay plug-in with DDLY!
- Two delays in one: DDLY analyzes your audio based on an adjustable threshold to determine what to send to the top delay and what to send to the bottom delay. Adjust the Intensity to affect how strongly the signal is split between the two—great for a punchy delay on the harder, transient crack of your drums and a shuffling delay on the main beat elements.
- Customise your delay: Both delays have two modes to choose from: Analog or Grain. Analog produces warm lo-fi delays with smearing and nostalgic degradation. Grain produces melodic, symphonic, and futuristic sounds for truly new soundscapes.
- Responsive interface: The interface of DDLY reacts to the material it’s applied to for unique real-time visual feedback. As the knobs come to life, your sound gets cooler. Go ahead, get ‘em all going!
- Automatable: DDLY can be set up with automation in your audio host, to engage the dynamic delay on your mix when you want it to and back off when you need the raw material to shine.
USES FOR DDLY
DDLY on drums
On a drum track, try setting DDLY to only add echo to the harder attacks of the kick and snare. You’ll get that cool, echo effect without adding delay to the extra buzz from the snares or the room noise or a sloppy high hat that would make the mix sound muddy or crowded. Or dial in different delay patterns for the transients and the more constant energy of the performance, to keep the foundation in place and let the accents and flourishes bloom and soar.
DDLY on vocals
DDLY works great on vocals, too! Emphasize the full range of the vocal take with a subtle delay on the verse and a more intense delay on the bigger moments of the chorus. Instead of laborious studio setup with multiple mics and complex routing, DDLY lets you dial in unique performance-based delay effects quickly. No more canned, inflexible delay!
DDLY on INSANITY!
DDLY is not for the timid. The echoing wail of DDLY can ring and rattle and twist your insides. Yes, it can be extreme. Yes, it can go too far. But sometimes, too far is exactly how far you need to go. Push DDLY to the limits and see what you get. Make insane sounds, get complex delays, discover new horrors, and just try to get out alive.
DDLY on whatever you imagine
Any source with a strong dynamic range and expressiveness is a great candidate for DDLY, to build upon the dynamics rather than compress them. Try it on guitars to add delay and echo to only the loudest parts of a performance and not touch the more intimate moments. Try it on piano or synth tracks. Automate the delay over the course of your whole mix, to get intense on some sections and dial it back in others. Run wild! Be free!
DDLY AUDIO EXAMPLES
DDLY Dynamic Delay can be used to create increasing rhythmic variations on a stereo drum loop. Both acoustic and electric drums make excellent fodder for DDLY, thanks to the adjustable Dynamic Threshold. Transients passing above the Dynamic Threshold are routed to the Top Delay, while the underlying non-transient audio is routed to the Bottom Delay.
In this audio example, the drum sound starts out clean and then evolves through DDLY Dynamic Delay.
DDLY excels at adding rhythmic complexity to guitar tracks through the use of two different timed delays. When looking to add rhythmic motion to a piece, or to simply add a stronger groove to an otherwise more minimal guitar part, multiple delays synced to tempo are a great asset!
In this audio example, the guitar starts out clean and then evolves through DDLY Dynamic Delay.
The Grain Delay mode of DDLY Dynamic Delay can be used to provide subtle, rhythmic delays, chorusing, or all out granular chaos. DDLY’s ability to sync grain playback time to the tempo gives it the unique ability to generate wild textures while still keeping things locked down to the rhythm.
In this audio example, the synth starts out clean and then evolves through DDLY Dynamic Delay.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.
"The ability to precess signals based on their dynamics without having to resort to side-chains or gates means this is likely to remain a permanent part of our mixing setup for some time to come. DDLY is an orginal, interesting and unique delay effect." - Music Tech (Rating: 8/10)
Product Type:Effects Plugin
Mac System Requirements
- OS X 10.8 or higher
Windows System Requirements
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- VST 2 (32-bit and 64-bit), VST 3 (32-bit and 64-bit), Audio Unit (32-bit and 64-bit), AAX (64-bit), RTAS (32-bit), Audiosuite DPM and AAX.
- All listed plug-in formats include support for automation except for Audiosuite DPM and Audiosuite AAX.
Plug-in host compatibility
- Logic Pro X.2, Ableton Live 9.5, Pro Tools 12.4, Pro Tools 11.3.1, Cubase Pro 8.5, REAPER 5.11, FL Studio 12.2, Studio One 3.1.1, Pro Tools 10.3.1