MASCHINE JAM is the modern digital instrument – your shortest avenue from inspiration to reality. Capture ideas and create tracks in an intuitive production ecosystem. Sequence and arrange on the fly with an 8x8 multicolor click-pad matrix. Shape and perform sounds in inspiring ways using eight dual-touch Smart Strips. And bring it all together with the power of the included MASCHINE software.
MASCHINE JAM is your shortest route from idea to reality. Sketch patterns with advanced multi-track step-sequencing. Shape your sounds with dynamic, LED-guided Smart Strips. And bring your arrangements to life with an included arsenal of premium sound from MASCHINE software and KOMPLETE SELECT.
INCLUDES KOMPLETE 12 SELECT
KOMPLETE 12 SELECT library includes:
MASSIVE, REAKTOR PRISM, MONARK, THE GENTLEMAN, DRUMLAB, RETRO MACHINES MK2, VINTAGE ORGANS, DISCOVERY SERIES: WEST AFRICA, SCARBEE MARK 1, SOLID BUS COMP, REPLIKA, PHASIS, SCARBEE RICKENBACKER BASS, RETRO MASCHINES MK2, KONTAKT & REAKTOR PLAYERS
- Play notes and shape sounds with Smart Strips for unique composition and design possibilities
- Create drum patterns, melodies, chords, and arrangements quickly and easily with the 8x8 multi-color click-pad matrix
- Unified hardware and software workflow heightens creativity and product performance
- Works seamlessly with any DAW, the MASCHINE and KOMPLETE product ranges, and
- NKS-ready plug-ins
- Included MASCHINE 2.5 software* features cutting-edge Drum Synths and superior 9 GB sound library created by renowned sound designers and artists
- KOMPLETE 12 SELECT included* – 14 premium instruments and effects, over 45 GB of sound
- KOMPLETE 12 SELECT comes with three Expansions sound packs, hand picked-for a broad range of essential production-ready sounds. Each Expansions is loaded with genre-specific synth presets, drum kits, one-shots, samples, and loops. Created by top artists and sound designers, Expansions can be used in any DAW, and work with a range of Native Instruments products. Packs included are; True School, Velvet Lounge, and Deep Matter.
Create your own patterns and rhythms with MASCHINE JAM's powerful step sequencer. There’s no limit to the sounds you can sequence using the 8x8 click-pad matrix.
THE CONTEMPORARY DIGITAL INSTRUMENT
The MASCHINE JAM hardware works in perfect unison with the acclaimed MASCHINE software. Swiftly bring your ideas to life with a versatile workflow fueled by software that’s always evolving. Start by creating something new with the immediacy of tactile control. Then easily store, recall, and develop your tracks with the flexibility of software in a digitally unified production environment.
And whatever your setup, MASCHINE JAM works through the software as a plug-in inside your DAW, or as an advanced MIDI controller for popular platforms.
PERFORMING WITH SMART STRIPS
MASCHINE JAM's dual-touch Smart Strips are truly one of a kind. Experience a new performance paradigm, and get physical with precision sound tweaking. In addition, Perform Mode lets you bring complex sound textures to life with MASCHINE´s unique Perform FX.
SUPERIOR SOUNDS INCLUDED
Get over 49 GB of professional sound right out of the box, and control it all from MASCHINE JAM. Mold your drums with sonically-outstanding Drum Synths, and use the Smart Strips to animate sounds with advanced motion-sensitive Perform FX. Plus, you get KOMPLETE 12 SELECT – a premium selection of 12 KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects.
Brainstorm ideas instantly. One-touch access to patterns supports spontaneous jamming and arrangement sketching. Just mix and match different clips and scenes to flesh out your latest creation.
Two MASCHINEs are better than one. Team up MASCHINE JAM with any other MASCHINE hardware and combine the best of both production styles, always in perfect sync. Tap in drums on MASCHINE’s pads, and launch patterns and scenes with one-touch simplicity on MASCHINE JAM for a unified production/performance ecosystem.
NOTES MODE FOR SMART STRIPS
MASCHINE JAM´s Notes Mode lets you play synths using the Smart Strips, for an inspiring new playing experience. Finger-strum chords in key with different scales to uncover new melodic ideas.
MASCHINE JAM and KOMPLETE form a fully tactile and inspiring production duo. Perform melodies, chords, and arpeggios with a KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard, record them into different patterns, and use MASCHINE JAM’s click-pad matrix to experiment with sequences – all seamlessly in sync.
THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
Explore the entire the MASCHINE family – integrated software/hardware systems for modern music production and performance. Cutting-edge MASCHINE 2 software features a powerful audio engine, MASCHINE 2 Drum Synths, scale, arp, and chord functions, and much more. And all flavors of MASCHINE hardware work seamlessly with any DAW – the perfect tools for any 21st century stage or studio.
- 8x8 multicolor click-pad matrix for pattern jamming, note input, and step-sequencing
- Tweak up to 8 parameters simultaneously with two hands using dual-touch Smart Strips
- New Perform FX feature lets you shape your sound in new ways
- Advanced multi-track step-sequencing using up to 8 sounds simultaneously
- Play melodies and chords with the 8x8 pad matrix or via note input with the Smart Strips
- One-touch access to patterns and scenes for instant jamming and track arrangement
- The touch-sensitive encoder prompts the software to display the corresponding parameter
- Full integration with the entire KOMPLETE and MASCHINE ranges and 3rd party NKS plug-ins, plus full VST support
- Included stand can be mounted to the hardware for improved ergonomics
- MASCHINE software, MASCHINE Factory Library, and KOMPLETE 12 SELECT are provided as downloads after registration – an internet connection is required. Once installed, all products can be used offline.
- Works as an advanced DAW controller with included mappings for Ableton LiveTM and more
Explore melodies and harmonies with the click-pads using MASCHINE´s Keyboard mode. Just select your scale and chord values to start playing. The Arpeggiator can turn simple melodies into intricate melodic patterns.
MASCHINE JAM is the go-to instrument for building tracks with immediate, intuitive sequencing. Flesh out your ideas by constructing and re-constructing with patterns on the fly, and group them as scenes you can arrange from the ground up. When you’re done, you can quickly import audio from MASCHINE into your DAW for further refining.
Step sequencing not only works for rhythms, but also for melodies. Use MASCHINE JAM´s powerful Piano Roll mode to program notes directly with the 8x8 click-pad matrix.
CREATIVE PERFORMANCE FEATURES
The latest MASCHINE software delivers cutting-edge features that make MASCHINE JAM a creative powerhouse. Define values like scale and note length, and edit inspirational sequences created by the Variation Engine. Combine multiple instrument or effect parameters to control with the Smart Strips using built-in macros.
And add depth and complexity to sounds using advanced motion-sensitive Perform FX with the Smart Strips to uncover all new sonic dimensions.
MASCHINE JAM boasts a set of hardware features that were carefully designed to make track sketching a seamless creative experience.
Quickly mutate sounds to create extraordinary build-ups using the Lock feature. Take a snapshot of the current parameters with the Lock button, mess with your sounds, and press Lock again to return to the snapshot. Save your ‘locks’ and recall them anytime.
JAM WITH A UNIVERSE OF SOUND
Thanks to the Native Kontrol Standard® extended plug-in format, MASCHINE JAM and the entire MASCHINE range interact seamlessly with the world of KOMPLETE and NKS-ready third party software. Browse and load presets instantly. And tweak key parameters pre-assigned to the Smart Strips for performance-ready sound shaping.
WORKS WITH YOUR DAW
MASCHINE JAM uses MASCHINE software to seamlessly integrate into any DAW and fit right in with your studio setup – standalone or as a plug-in. And in MIDI mode, you can easily map MASCHINE JAM to your favorite software.
MASCHINE JAM also includes an advanced template for Ableton Live that lets you sequence and launch clips from the pad matrix, or play notes and control send levels with the powerful Smart Strips.