Comp670 is the Overloud recreation of a very rare legendary tube compressor. It has a unique and distinctive tone thanks to a large amount of transformers in the signal chain which gives it a very warm tone.
Summary of Features
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology
- Three different units recreated, with multiple dynamics and colouration
- Built-in Parallel Compression
- Soft-knee / hard-knee control with the additional DC Threshold parameter
- Built-in filters on the Sidechain
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at four different sensibilities
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
Select one of the three units sampled in studios in . London, Los Angeles and Milan, each one with its own personality and unique tone.
You can tweak a Low Cut filter on the Sidechain to reduce the compressor sensitivity to low frequencies. This is particularly useful to control the amount of "pumping" effect.
Parallel compression is a powerful mixing technique which helps improve the overall impact of the track while leaving the transients intact. It is achieved by summing the compressor output to the original track.
THREE UNITS IN ONE PLUGIN
From the '50s to nowadays, each original unit has been serviced multiple times: it has its own history and component tolerance that gives it a unique tone and dynamic response.
That's why Overloud sampled three different pieces of hardware (found in studios in London, Los Angeles and Milan), and packed them into a unique plugin.
COMPRESSION CURVE TWEAKING
A trimmer inside the original unit allowed you to change the compression characteristic from soft-knee to hard-knee by adjusting the biasing current of the feedback amplifier.
The Comp670 brings this control on the front panel allowing you to tweak the compressor response to dynamic.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.