Overloud Sculptube is an incredibly versatile tool and will let you build a wide variety of analog tones. You can warm up tracks with analog coloration, create tube distortion, and excite your sound by adding natural tube harmonics.
By adjusting the drive and bias of the tubes, Sculptube recreates amazing analog tones so you can control the amount of distortion to fit your sound. And with three different tube configurations, Sculptube allows you to get the warm, rich analog sound your tracks need.
SCULPTUBE KEY FEATURES
- Hyper-realistic simulation of tube warming/distortion, thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology
- Triode and Pentode simulation
- Tube biasing control
- Built-in EQ and parallel processing to sculpt the tone
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
THREE TONES IN ONE PROCESSOR
Overloud Sculptube is an incredibly versatile tool to build a wide variety of analog tones.
With mild Drive settings you can recreate an authentic analog coloration to individual tracks or mixes.
The Sculptube can be used to overdrive the input and recreate different kind of tube distortions, including Triode and Pentode curves.
Thanks to its built-in eq and parallel processor, it can be used to revive the tracks by adding natural harmonics in the high-end.
THE MAGIC OF TUBE BIASING
The Bias knob controls the amount of current through the tubes.
- At low current the tubes are under-biased and the sound is inclined to be thinner and break up easily.
- At medium current settings the Sculptube distorts least, and this is the typical setting for just warming up a sound.
- At high current the tubes are over-fed and the tone becomes quite fat and harmonically rich.
3 TUBE CONFIGURATIONS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
There are 3 settings for the type of distortion:
- Program 0 (Triode) creates the typical musical effect found with triode valves, with very rich 2nd harmonic distortion, good for warming up a sound.
- Program 1 (Pentode) creates a Pentode distortion, with prevailing odd harmonics, which makes the sound more aggressive while retaining that valve character.
- Program 2 (Special) is obtained with a pretty unusual way of configuring the valve, which gives an extra octave at higher bias settings.