TAF BLACKBLUE is the Supercabinet IR Library created by Andy from TheAmpFactory in his Orangetreestudios HQ, Custom 2x12 with Warehouse B&B (Alnico*) speakers.
"Brian May? This driver represented that iconic sound of his Vox that had a special pairing, although just a speaker’s drive won't get you there. But its girth is incredible. It's a "fat" speaker that has beautiful resonance in the lower mids. Really perfect for use on slower melody or clean big chords." - Andy (TheAmpFactory)
- Speaker: Warehouse B&B (Alnico*)
- Origin: Custom 2x12
- Mic Pre: Neve 1073
- Pre-EQ: YES
- HPF/LPF: Active
The IRs have been captured using the following 14 microphones:
- AKG* C414
- Audix* i5
- Beyerdynamic* M160
- DPA* 4011
- Electrovoice* RE20
- Neumann* U47
- Neumann* U87
- Peluso* R14
- Royer* 121
- Sennheiser* MD421
- ShinyBox* 46MXL
- Shure* 545 SD
- Shure* SM7B
- Shure* SM57
- Sony* C800G
Every microphone has been moved to 4 different horizontal position (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge) and two distances, for a total of 8 IRs each.
All IRs in the library are phase aligned, so they can be blended with no phase cancellations.
MADE FOR THE SUPERCABINET
This library was created for the TH-U SuperCabinet that allows you to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend multiple IRs and create totally custom and huge stereo guitar tones
- Compose new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Export your crafted IRs in .wav format for use with all major hardware modelers and software IR loaders
* Any use of third party trademarks, logos, mentioned brand names, products and services is only referential and Overloud hereby disclaims any Sponsorship, Affiliation or Endorsement of or by any such third party.