% Off - Save a Total of
£252.50 inc. VAT
% Off - Save a Total of £5.00
Your selected product option is currently out of stock. You can still purchase and we'll deliver in 3-7 working days.
This product is currently out of stock. You can still purchase and we will dispatch it to you within 7 working days.
Your serial will be delivered within one working day.
FREE INSTANT DIGITAL DELIVERY*
- Free Tech Support
- Earn Loyalty Points
The Orchestral Essentials series captures the essence of the ProjectSAM experience: an inspiring collection of sounds taken from our extensive, cinematic product catalog. This volume expands your Orchestral Essentials template with brand-new selections from the ProjectSAM catalog, including the Symphobia series, the True Strike series and our other libraries, all re-designed and streamlined to fit the Orchestral Essentials concept.
The Mixed Orchestra section in Orchestral Essentials 2 offers you beautiful, live recordings of different orchestral sections playing together, such as full orchestra recorded with choir and strings recorded with brass.
The individual Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion sections deliver new articulations and sounds including lush string sordinos and flageolets, a massive, 8-player French Horn section, new, powerful drum sounds and chilling bowed cymbal scrapes. New Keyboards include a soft, delicate grand piano, box organ and cimbalom.
Orchestral Essentials 2 adds 5 new legato instruments: solo trumpet, solo flute, solo oboe, cellos performing with bassoon and bass clarinet performing with contra bassoon. For these instruments legato transitions were recorded for all note intervals up to an octave up and down.
All instruments have been re-designed to fit the Orchestral Essentials concept, providing out-of-the-box playability and a cinematic sound that is impossible to beat at this price point. Orchestral Essentials 2 is a must-have addition for owners of the first volume; Orchestral Essentials 1, but is a powerful stand-alone volume too, especially for composers who already have their orchestral basics covered.
KEY LIBRARY FEATURES
- Brand-new selection taken from the acclaimed ProjectSAM catalog
- Beautifully orchestrated full orchestra articulations
- New strings, brass and wind ensemble articulations
- 5 New legato instruments featuring real note-to-note transitions
- Full choir articulations
- New epic drum sounds and other percussion
- Intimate concert piano
- New Dystopia sound design
- Inspiring and thematic Multis
- Does not include Orchestral Essentials 1 content: all-new sounds
- Orchestral Essentials 1 license is not required: works stand-alone
Available as Direct Download and on boxed USB stick
COMPARING WITH ORCHESTRAL ESSENTIALS 1
Orchestral Essentials 1 and Orchestral Essentials 2 are two unique libraries. One does not replace the other, they complement each other. If you own Orchestral Essentials 1, then Orchestral Essentials 2 will offer you 100% new sounds. It will expand your template by adding additional articulations to existing instruments as well as new instruments and ensembles altogether.
COMPARING WITH SYMPHOBIA SERIES
The sounds in Orchestral Essentials 2 were selected from other libraries in our catalog, including the Symphobia series. This document shows you the origin of each program found in Orchestral Essentials 2. Each program was streamlined and tweaked to fit into the Orchestral Essentials series concept. If you already own a Symphobia volume e.g. Symphobia, Symphobia 2 or Lumina please take a look at this document to see what Orchestral Essentials 2 will add to your template. All instruments in Orchestral Essentials 2 are available in 1 microphone set (close or stage, depending on the instrument). In the original libraries, these instruments are available in multiple microphone sets, a more in-depth interface and, in most cases, more articulations.
Check for the latest Orchestral Essentials 2 Updates here.
Plus, ProjectSAM has also developed a series of tutorial videos on scoring for difference themes and genres. Click on the image below to check some of them out, including tutorials using ProjectSAM instruments such as Symphobia, Lumina, Swing! and Orchestral Essentials.
SUMMARIZED PROGRAM LIST
- Orchestra with Choir
- High Violins with Choir
- Low Bassoon with Piano and Harp
- Cartoon Staccato
- Strings with Winds Staccato
- Strings with Brass Swells
- Legato Cellos with Bassoon
- Texture Gracious
- Texture Dreamy
- String Ensemble Sordino
- Violins Spiccato and Fast Note Down
- Violins Flageolet
- Violas with Cellos Ponticello Tremolo
- String Ensemble Fast Crescendo
- String Ensemble Textures
- String Ensemble Effects
- Epic French Horns
- Horns with Trombones Octaves
- Tuba Long
- Tuba Staccato
- Legato Trumpet
- Brass Ensemble Effects
- Legato Flute
- Legato Oboe
- Legato B Clar with C Bassoon
- Flute with Piccolo Octaves
- Woodwind Ensemble Effects
- Big Drums & Cymbals
- Timpani Rolls
- Bowed Cymbals
- Bell tree
Keyboards & Harp
- Intimate Piano
- Box Organ
- Cimbalom Let Ring
- Cimbalom Short
- Prepared Piano
- Concert Harp Flageolet
- Full Choir Long Ooh
- Full Choir Swells Mmm
- Full Choir Textures
Dystopia Sound Design
- Various Sounds and Presets
- Orchestra Tuning & Concert Hall Silence
All Mixed Orchestra patches are actual recordings of the listed sections performing together in the concert hall. No post-recording layering was used.
All sounds are offered in 1 microphone set.
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product.
"Like its predecessor, Orchestral Essentials 2 is geared up to give sonically impressive results at maximum speed with minimum effort. [...]For big, rich orchestrals in a hurry, there's plenty to recommend here" - Computer Music (Rating 4/5)
"It sounds great, is easy to use, and has an interface that allows you to quickly tailor it to your own tastes" - Soundsandgear
Product Type:Virtual Instrument
- Kontakt library
Library specs OE 2 v1.0/1.2
- 20.1 GB audio pool (actual recordings)
- 10.6 GB on disk (compressed Kontakt format on disk)
- 44.1 kHz 24 bit audio format
- Library version download: 1.2
Kontakt Player requirements
- Minimum Kontakt version: free Kontakt Player 5.5.2
- Mac: OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11
- Windows: Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Supported plug-in interfaces: Stand-alone, VST, Audio Units, AAX (Pro Tools 10 or higher), ASIO, Core Audio, WASAPI
- Comes with Kontakt Player license
- Also works with full version of Kontakt
- Orchestral Essentials (1) license not required. Works as a stand-alone library.
- License allows for 3 simultaneous activations per licensee
- Internet connection for content download
- Not compatible with OS X 10.7 or lower
- Not compatible with Windows XP or Vista
- Not compatible with Kontakt 4
- Not compatible with RTAS