Bluegrass fiddling is a distinctive American style characterised by bold, bluesy improvisation, off-beat “chopping”, and sophisticated use of double stops and old-time bowing patterns. Notes are often slid into, a technique seldom used in Celtic styles. Bluegrass fiddlers tend to ignore the rules that violinists follow: they hold the fiddle the “wrong” way and often don’t use the chin & shoulder rests.
Red Room Audio journeyed right to the heart of the Bluegrass State for their Bluegrass Fiddle – Clay City, Kentucky – to the private studio of one of the most renowned names in Bluegrass music, Rickey Wasson. Rickey hooked us up with a true Bluegrass fiddle legend, multi-instrumentalist Ronnie Stewart. Ronnie has appeared on hundreds of records and toured with some of the genre’s biggest names. According to Red Room Audio, working with Rickey & Ronnie was an honour and an absolute blast.
Welcome to Red Room Audio’s Traveler Series, an ongoing collection of boutique sample libraries featuring traditional world instruments faithfully recorded on location from destinations around the globe.
Traveler Series libraries focus on delivering a genuine purity that can only be captured where the instrument and musical style originated, preserving its true character and history.
Red Room Audio sought out a region’s most skilled and renowned performers; amazing folks with stories and bloodlines who live and breathe traditional provincial music. Red Room Audio leave with education and appreciation for their culture and the role these beautiful instruments serve (as well as a tale or two of our own). Red Room Audio hope their Traveler Series adds an authentic native spirit to your music.
- Deep-sampled Bluegrass fiddle recorded in Clay City, Kentucky by Grammy-nominated multi-instrumentalist Ronnie Stewart
- Playable multi-sampled instrument with 12 standard articulations and 14 traditional Bluegrass ornaments
- Over 400 Phrases & FX including rhythmic loops and free-form improvisations
- Two types of sampled legato
- Four performance modes including customisable Double Stops
- Scale Lock feature automatically selects ornament intervals in the key of your song
- TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology)
- 8-slot FX rack
- Modern, easy to use, feature-packed GUI
- 1.3 GB of content / 3,435 samples (24 bit/44.1 kHz NCW)
Please click on the link below to view the download and install guide for this product: