Rob Papen Go2 is a powerful virtual synth plugin which has unique and powerful features with a very easy to use interface. Go2 also includes over 1000 presets created by electronic sound design legend Rob Papen.
In the Rob Papen world of synthesis there was one type of synthesizer missing… a synthesizer that has all of the controls and features available visually all at once.
The current Rob Papen collection includes synths which contain many features and types of synthesis which can sometimes be daunting to the average user. When making music, less is often more, so, say hello to Go2!
Rob Papen Go2 has all controls on one screen with unique features and hundreds of presets – and all for an extremely affordable price.
Oscillator Section – The heart of Go2 is the morph oscillator, this oscillator allows you to morph (using Go2's various morph modes) between two different waveforms.
XY Pad - A combination of a live, interactive control and also an automated programmable modulation source.
Play Mode - Arranges how Go2 plays its synth engine plus additional features and settings
Arpeggiator section - Classic style Arpeggiator with some unique features, like sequencer mode and unison/chord control per step.
Free LFO Section - Generates modulation signals to be used as sources in a modulation path.
Modulation Matrix Section – The 8-way modulation matrix allows you to dynamically alter Go2's parameters using both internal modules such as envelopes and LFOs, and external MIDI Controllers such as Pitch Bend, Aftertouch and other control messages defined in the MIDI-standard.
And in true Rob Papen style, Go2 includes over 1000 of presets!
For customers eligible for an Educational Single Licence.*
*Important information for Students and Teachers. A valid academic ID must be submitted to us within 6 days of placing an order.
GO2 - LIST OF FEATURES
Presets / Folder & Global Section:
- Presets sorted in Bank Folders
- Additionally there is a ‘Quick Browser’, ‘Favourites’ and ‘Star’ system in the bank manager
- ECS (External MIDI Control) – Go2 can modify its sound parameters dynamically in response to MIDI Messages received from an external controller. These settings can be saved and loaded from your HardDisk
- Help – opens up Go2's PDF manual
- Bank Manager
- Go2 Logo – clicking on the Go2 logo takes you to the Back Panel. The Back Panel shows global settings and infrequently accessed controls
- The heart of Go2 is the morph oscillator, this oscillator allows you to morph (using Go2's various morph modes) between two different waveforms
- First and Seconds Waveforms (Wave-A and Wave-B)
- Oscillator Morph Mode – the Morph Mode menu determines how the oscillator combines the two waves (First Wave and Second Wave). The modes are: Mix, Morph, Ring, FM, Inter and Range
- Oct setting
- Spread – creates a stacked 2 oscillator sound
- Sub – the sub-oscillator knob lets you select two different waveforms being sinus or square
- Sym – controls the symmetry of the oscillator waveform
- SMOD (Symmetry Modulation Amount) – controls how much the symmetry position changes over time
- Speed sets the frequency of the LFO that changes the symmetry position
The XY pad is combination of a live, interactive control and also an automated programmable modulation source
- Edit – while in Edit mode, you can move the path's points around and thus edit the XY Path manually
- Play Speed – the Play Speed control alters the playback speed of the recorded XY Path
- Modes – Poly, Free or Mono
- Loop modes – off, loop or bidirectional loop
- Sync To – Tempo sync the XY movement
- Points – from 2 points up to 128 points
- Space Quantize – restricts the points in the current path to a set of grid lines
- Time Quantize – sets the update frequency of the XY position
- Draw Osc – the XY screen also shows the current oscillator output if you like
- Commands – XY Menu with the many additional options like preset path
Analog modeled filter
- Cutoff Frequency
- Q (Resonance)
- Filter Types – 12dB LowPass, 12dB BandPass, 12db Notch, 24dB LowPass I, 24dB LowPass II, 24dB BandPass, 24dB Notch, and Comb
- Cutoff Frequency Modulation – Velocity (Vel), Key Track, Modulation Wheel, Envelope (Env)
- Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release and reverse control. (Graphic mode or dial mode option selectable in the Play mode section)
HighPass Filter – additional Filter behind the main filter
- On/Off function
- Keyboard tracking On/off
- Q (Resonance) On/Off and amount control
- Cutoff Frequency
Amplifier Section - The final volume control in Go2 with distortion on voice level.
- Volume control
- Velocity (Vel > Vol)
- Volume Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release. (Graphic mode or dial mode option selectable in the Play mode section)
Play Mode Section – Arranges how Go2 plays its synthesize engine plus additional features and settings
- Play Modes: Poly (16voice), Mono, Legato and Arpeggiator
- Portamento with: Speed control, Rate or Time Mode, Held Rate or Held Time mode
- Port Amount
- Unison and chords
- In Unison mode, Go2 plays up-to 4 unison voices, for each note played. This works at an oscillator / filter level, so you can still play up-to 16 voices in poly mode.
- Unison modes and chords – Unison 2-4, 2 Octave, 3 Octave,2 SP, Major to Diminished 7th chord (3voice and 4 voice), Unison Detune Amount, Unison Stereo Spread
- Pitch Bend Up / Down – The unit used is semi-tones
- Drift On/Off – When this is on the oscillator has 'analog drift' i.e. it has a very slight and slow drifting of tuning over time
- Exp Env – Selects if the envelopes decay / release stages are linear or have an exponential characteristic.
Arpeggiator section – Go2 offers a classic style Arpeggiator with some unique features, like sequencer mode and unison/chord control per step.\
- The Arpeggiator has up to 16 steps. Per step you can set the following values – Step On/Off, Tie (Tie note), Slide, Tune, Vel, Unison, Free
- Steps (amount of Steps 1-16)
- Speed (for example 2 x tempo or ¼ x tempo)
- Arp Modes – Up, Down, Up/Down, Random, Ordered, Rev. Ordered, Ordered Up/Down, Ordered Down/Up, Chord, Sequencer, Sequencer Reset
- Tie Modes: Normal, Special, Toggle 1, toggle 2
- Lock Mode option
- Slide amount
- Vel / Key (Responds to the velocity setting of the step or the keyboard input)
- Host Sync
- Key Entry
- Arpeggiator Command Menu
Free LFO Section – Go2 has a Free LFO that generates modulation signals to be used sources in a modulation path.
- Waveform types: The available waveforms are Sine, Triangle, Saw Up, Saw Down, Square, S&H.
- Except for the S&H waveform, the waveforms are available in different start phases being 0 (normal), 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
- Sync (Tempo Sync option)
- Modes: Poly, Free, Mono
Free Envelope Section
- Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Sustain-Fade and Release
- Option to temp sync.
Modulation Matrix Section
The 8 way modulation matrix allows you to dynamically alter Go2's parameters using both internal modules such as envelopes and LFOs, and external MIDI Controllers such as Pitch Bend, Aftertouch and other control messages defined in the MIDI-standard.
Go2 has 3 FX units is serial mode:
- Flanger or Phaser
- Stereo Delay or Reverb
- Bypass all
Bank Manager Section
There are four main sections: Presets, Find, Search Category and Set Category. For each section, the Banks are visible on the right-hand side. While in the Preset screen in the Bank Manager you can mark any Preset with a Star if you like the Preset.
A click on the Go2 logo will display the back panel. The back panel contains several global controls that affect all instances of Go2.
- Computer Keyboard Up / Down
- External MIDI Control Capture Mode
- MIDI Program / Bank Change
- MIDI Channel
- Tuning with .tun files option
License Terms for Rob Papen demo versions.
The demo software is provided to the user "as is". Rob Papen and RPCX makes no warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the software and associated materials provided to the user, including but not limited to any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
Rob Papen and RPCX does not warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the software will be corrected.Rob Papen and RPCX does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the software or any documentation provided therewith in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. No information or advice given by Rob Papen and RPCX shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. Rob Papen and RPCX is not liable for any claims or damages whatsoever, including property damage, personal injury, intellectual property infringement, loss of profits, or interruption of business, or for any special, consequential or incidental damages, however caused. The user is not allowed to distribute the program. Further, the user may not modify, the user may not de-compile and the user may not debug the software.
Sounds provided within the Rob Papen and RPCX software are also licensed to the user "as is" with the same terms and the additional term that the user may not copy or sample sounds and grooves for soundset distribution use.
"Versatile, intuitive and enjoyable to work with, Papen's funky new synth could indeed become a go-to instrument for any electronic music producer or sound designer." - Computer Music
"Go2's sequencer section is a gift for those working in the EDM field. And if you love textural sounds that move and evolve, there's a lot to love." - Sound On Sound
"I really didn’t expect a $49 synthesiser to contain the functionality that Go2 has and I didn’t expect to be able to get the kind of sounds out of it that I did. I have a substantial arsenal of soft synthesisers that I use on a regular basis and I would never expect to be saying that this is going to be holding a prominent place in my workflow because of the ability to get such immediate results in sculpting a sound. It’s definitely not a three-oscillator-beast with all the bells and whistles of its larger competitors, but when you stack Go2 up against the simplified and scaled-down synthesisers that some developers have released of late, this one wins hands down for sound and workflow." (Click here to read the full review)
A video about installing Rob Papen software can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBWOOO5zeHgemBkRQ1FUDG893pu1gfb2L